• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Fanbases Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceFlonne

Mediator
I got one, For a short amount of days. Rugrats vs Pokemon were in a fandom rivalry because Rugrats took the award for best cartoon over pokemon.

Weird but Interesting rivalry

Really? But the shows themselves are so different from eachother. Atleast that stupid rivalry ended but it is an interesting example

I got one, For a short amount of days. Rugrats vs Pokemon were in a fandom rivalry because Rugrats took the award for best cartoon over pokemon.

Weird but Interesting rivalry

Rugrats and Pokemon Lilia? LOL. I always thought it was Pokemon and Dragonball. :)

How is this hypocritical? How do you know the current VAs don't have "heart inside" whatever that means.

They don't: who does that to someone after 422 episodes/8 seasons and then brags about it when their voices are quite horrendous? Easy, hypocrites. It's morally wrong and unsound. That's what I'm getting at. You have to WATCH the dub to know about it. Really, no joke. It's suffering greatly. Would you like it if someone fired you after dubbing 400+ episodes in favor of people with horrendous anime dubbing records who are unanimously considered inferior to the old cast at present? I wouldn't. Would you like it if you made the old VAs cry like Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis, Eric Stuart, and Stan Hart for your own profit or personal greed? Nope. Just think about that for a minute. Would you like it if millions of fans quit out of depression, rage, or shock because of your voice acting work? Nope. That's what I'm getting at here.

Last edited:
Dragon Ball vs Naruto is a better example but back then. I believe it was Sailor Moon vs Dragon Ball. Two shows that has a sizeable Periphery Audience.

LOL. I like Dragonball and Naruto to this day. Not much of a fan of Sailor Moon though (please don't flame me). XD. Pokemon...well you know when I liked it, really. Yu-Gi-Oh! was quite good too, well until GX but you know what I'm getting at because 4Kids cut out the last episode and the fourth season. :)

Last edited:

Lilia

Hetalia vs Homestuck have one but nowadays, They're pretty friendly to each other

Hetalia vs Homestuck have one but nowadays, They're pretty friendly to each other

I love FUNi's dub of Hetalia! If only they got Pokemon but TPCi won't ever let that happen-- chances are they would even do what they did for Slayers-Revolution and Slayers-Evolution-R and bring back the original cast. XD. I'm also pretty sure if that weren't the case under FUNi Colleen would be a great Ash, Vale a great Brock, Marchi a great Jessie, etc. :)

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
[size=+2]OMG the last few pages of this Thread...[/size]

tumblr_m5zdztS4xR1rz6mffo4_400.gif

How is the Wanted's fanbase? Are most of them orderly and nice
They are a pretty decent and humble fan base from what I've seen...FAR better than the Directioners. Although this may be because The Wanted 'Fanmily' simply realize their faves are doomed to forever live in the shadow of One Direction.

The 1D fan base, however, is just atrocious. Essentially they're just a bunch of 14 year old cunts who attack anyone and everyone that doesn't know every last minutia of the band since their conception 2 years ago. If you haven't seen every video journal, know every little inside joke, etc. you are branded as a 'Directionator' which is basically their term for a poser fan. So even if you've bought their album, went to their concert, love them to pieces, etc. if don't know who Kevin the Pigeon is or which song they first performed together as a group on X Factor [and other irrelevant shit like that] then you simply CANNOT be a true fan. They're just a bunch of jealous bitches...clearly, if they need to create a sub-group to differentiate the 'bandwagoners' with the girls who have too much time on their hands to scour YouTube and Tumblr for hours on end 'true fans'. It's a shame these Directioners put so much time and effort into obsessing over boys who are too busy making money and having sex with any and every female that are NOT THESE GIRLS to really care or notice. Ho well.

So naturally I'm a bit embarrassed to be grouped in with these crazies when I tell people I'm a fan of One Direction. But lucky for me I'm not a hormonal, pubescent girl so I [hopefully] come off far more intelligent and level-headed than the average fan. It also helps that I'm a boy...female teenage fans are CRAY.

Last edited:
[size=+2]OMG the last few pages of this Thread...[/size]

tumblr_m5zdztS4xR1rz6mffo4_400.gif

ROFL @picture. That's quite funny, actually. Anyway, yes the 1D fan base is full of it sometimes. :)

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

I lol'd so hard at the last ten pages of this thread.

But seriously guys. You shouldn't be attacking a little kid like that. Dwali may not have been physically harmed by the VA changes, but he certainly may have been emotionally or mentally harmed, so you should give him a rest. :< Now do you see why everyone hates Genwunners?

But honestly, I grew up with the TPCi dub of Pokémon, and I'm not deaf yet.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
I didn't see this mentioned in the first few pages, and definitely not in the last ten pages: console fanboys. I never understood their reasoning as to why I should play Xbox 360 only, or Nintendo only. I generally don't play Nintendo consoles, but I'm an advocate of all consoles.

Oooooookay. After reading through all the pages so far (and scrolling VERY quickly over the posts of a certain jackass who put a Weeping Angel in his/her sig), I've decided to throw my two cents into the charity box, if you will. (My "points" will be numbered, so reply to whichever one strikes your fancy)

1.) When it comes to anime fanbases, it doesn't matter what anime it is, the shippers are always the worst. Ones that stand out for me are the Naruto and Bleach shippers. I swear before Arceus, Celestia, and Zordon, I truly have lost count of how many times I've seen "SASUxNARU 4EVER!!!" or "ORIHIME'S A **** ICHIGOxRUKIA 4 LIFE!!!1!11!!!!!" on the various forums, discussion sites, and image boards I visit. It takes every ounce of my power not to personally tell every last one of these morons to GET A GODDAMN LIFE. I do not follow Hetalia, but from what I've heard, the shippers in that fanbase are even WORSE. *Sigh*

2.) As a loud and proud Brony, I can say with confidence that not all of us here in the Herd are "cloppers", despite what the always-controversial Howard Stern would like you to believe. Most of us are just regular guys and gals who happen to enjoy Love and Tolerance. On a side note, we also have our fair share of shippers (I for one am a rather proud ApplePie ((That is, ApplejackxPinkie Pie)) fan), but unlike other fanbases, we do our best to be calm and respectful about it, instead of shoving our desired pairing down everyone else's throats.

3.) One of the worst types of fans out there, that I've come across, is the Nostalgia-F@gs. That is, people who see a new game or show or booster pack coming out and immediately begin outcrying "THEY RUINED IT OMG ORIGINAL SERIES 4EVER ONLY!!!1!!!11!!!!!" Whether it's Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog, MegaMan, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, or any other show/game/what-*EFF*king-ever, these retards are bound to rear their ugly heads and spout their nonsense to anyone and everyone who can see it, while at the same time refusing to listen to reason and only yell the same sh*t only LOUDER to drown out those who attempt to argue with them. To any and all Nostalgia-F@gs who are reading this, consider the following advice: Stop f@pping to Sailor Moon, move out of your parent's basement, and LIVE IN THE MOTHER*EFF*KING NOW!!! Accept the changes and get over yourself, for Christ's sake!

4.) I don't get involved with many video game fandoms (sans Pokemon, but that's a whole different story) but thanks to my recent addiction to Skyrim, I've become rather aquainted with the fandom, and boy oh boy, do they have problems. Most of them are respectable enough (so long as you dont disrupt them during a dragon encounter), but if you want to see flame warring at it's finest, go to any Skyrim forum and bring up the crème de la crème of flame bait topics: the Civil War questline. Almost immediately, you will get the community divided into three sections: The Imperialists, The Stormcloaks, and The Treaty-Lovers. It would take far too long to break down their psychie, so I'll just let their rallying cries do the talking. Imperialists: "4 ZE EMPURUR!!!" (I wish I was kidding). Stormcloaks: "NORDS ONLY! TALOS 4EVER!!!". Treaty-Lovers: "Stop the violence! Work together!" (Notice how I didn't put their rallying cry in all caps? That's to symbolize how much more sane they are compared to the other 2 factions, and thus more likely to go unheard). It may seem impossible to get them to quiet down once the topic's been presented, but there is a way: Bring up the Thalmor. For a brief few pages, the community will be unified under the common goal of slaughtering those Nazi-wannabes, but sooner or later, someone's gonna bring up the topic of either who gets the glory for destroying them or what to do afterwards, then the whole thing starts ALL OVER AGAIN. Sad, isn't it?

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I have a minor headache from the last few pages. X.X

Anyway, time for me to unload my gripes.

Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji: The Sebastian x Ciel fandom drives me UP THE FRIGGING WALL. I think that pairing is downright disgusting and I try to avoid the weirdos who ship it. :mad:

Fable/Fable 2/Fable 3: I had a nasty experience on Gaia Online with two fangirls. They kept bashing the controls, the story, EVERY LITTLE DETAIL THEY COULD FIND on Fable 3. I come in, saying that I loved everything about the series.... and they went off on me, saying that Fable 2 was the best game in the series, and that Fable and Fable 3 were failures. I had to log off and cool down before I exploded as well. Dear god... XP

Oh, and Reaver fangirls. What is so attractive about a character who KILLS ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH HIM, creates a game where you could possibly die in by being mauled to death, enslaves children, and actually TRIES to get the main character to change an orphanage into a freaking BROTHEL?!

And Skyrim bashers: Just because the game is buggy and stuff doesn't mean you still can't enjoy playing it!! :(

Aaaand there's the end of my rant.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
They don't: who does that to someone after 422 episodes/8 seasons and then brags about it when their voices are quite horrendous? Easy, hypocrites.
Okay, i'll try to make this as simple a possible. First, that is not the correct use of "hypocrite". Next, no one is going to pass up a job opportunity because the previous workers have been there a while.

It's morally wrong and unsound. That's what I'm getting at. You have to WATCH the dub to know about it. Really, no joke. It's suffering greatly.
Okay, but all this is subjective. All of YOUR opinions. I personally don't like the dub but there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of other people who still do. You said you are 18, the Pokemon anime is NO LONGER aimed at you. NO ONE CARES what you think in reference to how the dub sounds.
Would you like it if someone fired you after dubbing 400+ episodes in favor of people with horrendous anime dubbing records who are unanimously considered inferior to the old cast at present?
Unfortunate, but this is life. Changes were made for business reasons. No amount of complaining from someone the show isn't trying to keep as a viewer is not going to change anything. You make no difference no matter how much you complain.
I wouldn't. Would you like it if you made the old VAs cry like Veronica Taylor, Rachael Lillis, Eric Stuart, and Stan Hart for your own profit or personal greed?
People cry over a lot of things. It was 6+ fricking years ago, the old VAs have no trouble getting work in other places. They are not dying from lack of money, they are fine.
Nope. Just think about that for a minute. Would you like it if millions of fans quit out of depression, rage, or shock because of your voice acting work? Nope. That's what I'm getting at here.
If anyone quits because of voice changing, then too bad. They are most likely teens who the show isn't aimed at anymore. No one cares that you and your buddies quit watching. You, like the old VAs, will be replace by a new generation of kids that think the current dub is just fine.

That's it, there's nothing left to it. Feel free to continue complaining about how we have no hearts and are the biggest evil to ever walk the Earth over some voice changes in a kids cartoon.

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Most of them complain just because it isn't Morrowind.

Perhaps this was a more accurate statement. Its the Morrowind fanboys.

I have another that I have recently been introduced to. Lore hounds in multiplayer games. Specifically Mass Effect 3. Want to start a storm? Go mention Protheans in multiplayer.

I lol'd so hard at the last ten pages of this thread.

But seriously guys. You shouldn't be attacking a little kid like that. Dwali may not have been physically harmed by the VA changes, but he certainly may have been emotionally or mentally harmed, so you should give him a rest. :< Now do you see why everyone hates Genwunners?

But honestly, I grew up with the TPCi dub of Pokémon, and I'm not deaf yet.

I am deafened by the TPCi dub, sad to say. XD. Sorry lol, and I'm 18 as well. XD. I don't know, between them firing the original VAs after 400+ episodes and getting these guys to replace them. I can't really say much other than shock and amazement and the idiocy of our fanbase to support a group of people who made BILLIONS and BILLIONS of fans shocked and quit the anime (tell that to jb but you get my point). Yes, it really isn't working at all for me and it just seems far beneath the standards of the dub in Seasons 1-8. I can't really say much else tbh. It's pathetic.

Okay, i'll try to make this as simple a possible. First, that is not the correct use of "hypocrite". Next, no one is going to pass up a job opportunity because the previous workers have been there a while.

Okay, but all this is subjective. All of YOUR opinions. I personally don't like the dub but there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS of other people who still do. You said you are 18, the Pokemon anime is NO LONGER aimed at you. NO ONE CARES what you think in reference to how the dub sounds.

Unfortunate, but this is life. Changes were made for business reasons. No amount of complaining from someone the show isn't trying to keep as a viewer is not going to change anything. You make no difference no matter how much you complain.

People cry over a lot of things. It was 6+ fricking years ago, the old VAs have no trouble getting work in other places. They are not dying from lack of money, they are fine.

If anyone quits because of voice changing, then too bad. They are most likely teens who the show isn't aimed at anymore. No one cares that you and your buddies quit watching. You, like the old VAs, will be replace by a new generation of kids that think the current dub is just fine.

That's it, there's nothing left to it. Feel free to continue complaining about how we have no hearts and are the biggest evil to ever walk the Earth over so voice changes in a kids cartoon.

Pathetic. Just give it a rest, please. Thanks. Not even going to bother to reason with you here. You claim the anime sucks. Done. Just like that. Some people like it and they can't stand the dub right now. And yes, I'd rather have people who are in decent dubs and give a crap beyond the paycheck than the atrocious work I see on nowadays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.