• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Fanbases Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't like the new Pokemon, I have a solution. Don't watch it. The older seasons are on DVD or you could watch them online or on Boomerang. But you shouldn't insult the fans of the new season. You are acting like us watch Pokemon, a show we enjoy, is somehow disrespecting the old Voice Talents and that is not true.

It is because we're keeping them from their jobs, that's what I'm getting at here. I've already seen all those episodes continuously and I think the 4Kids cast does deserve a shot at dubbing the series again. They are the true English VAs, after all.

Anyway, let's shift the topic before I'm mauled again. XD.

I don't know. I'm not one, but I don't care about them either. I've had some bad experiences with a few who are as vicious as the WBC, leaving a sour taste in my mouth about bronies in general, but I know that like all other fanbases do, they're the vocal minority.

Don't know...I guess they think MLP:FiM is really girly and immature but it's quite the contrary. So they think guys liking it is a sign they're gay or something. I don't think that's the case but lol.

It is because we're keeping them from their jobs, that's what I'm getting at here. I've already seen all those episodes continuously and I think the 4Kids cast does deserve a shot at dubbing the series again. They are the true English VAs, after all.

Anyway, let's shift the topic before I'm mauled again. XD.

They got to dub over 400 episodes and 8 seasons of a tv show. 8 SEASONS AND OVER 400 EPISODES. Think about that. How many tv shows could you name that went on that long? Not many right?

Autis-misc

Abridger
So no one answered my question besides Jb as to why people hate Bronies. How about we switch topics eh?

Most Bronies enjoy sticking their opinion in others faces, even when they don't understand how the other people don't care. I'm not a big brony, but I enjoy the show. Most bronies that are heavily vocal (same can be said about ANY fanbase) are normally the ones hated on.

They got to dub over 400 episodes and 8 seasons of a tv show. 8 SEASONS AND OVER 400 EPISODES. Think about that. How many tv shows could you name that went on that long? Not many right?

But you have to realize that Pokemon is an anime and the original Japanese VAs were never fired, Pokemaniac. Plus, the original English VAs were fired wrongfully and we shouldn't support the people who did so. The bonds the original VAs forged over that time were severed and making the old VAs cry is wrong no matter which way you slice it. They should've never been taken away from what they were doing, and it shows TPCi's greed. Again, this is the truth of the matter.

Just about to say that. Just get back to the point of the thread

Which we are. Gee, you don't really live up to Lugia, do you? :) Anyway let's get back on track with the MLP:FiM Bronie thing.

Last edited:

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
But you have to realize that Pokemon is an anime and the original Japanese VAs were never fired, Pokemaniac. Plus, the original English VAs were fired wrongfully and we shouldn't support the people who did so.

So we should boycott anything with "POKEMON" in bright yellow letters stamped on the front?

Some people think DP and BW are better than the older seasons. What do you say to that?

That doesn't mean they like the DUB better, does it? Plus, that's not the majority of the fanbase. Most are outraged tbh. I'm just one of billions of people. XD.

Some people don't even care about the anime. What do you say to that?

Then don't complain if you don't because we're talking about something that you shouldn't give a crap about or interfere with! :)

Some people don't even care about the anime. What do you say to that?

The people that don't care won't watch anyway. This is a message for the people who do watch and like the direction the show is going. Why should the people who don't watch care which voice talents get fired? The people that do watch however would care if they fired Sarah and the rest of the cast because that's who they are used to.

That doesn't mean they like the DUB better, does it? Plus, that's not the majority of the fanbase. XD.

It's the majority of the people who watch the show now.

sweetie

lovely love
So no one answered my question besides Jb as to why people hate Bronies. How about we switch topics eh?

i would say most people hate Bronies because they usually see the annoying side of the fanbase, posting MLP related content EVERYWHERE. it gets annoying when you can't go anywhere without seeing a brightly coloured horse on your screen. while that can probably be said about a lot of things, i guess MLP sticks out more because MLP has always been a franchise directed at little girls and now we see older people, who typically are males, enjoying it. i mean, a lot of us do enjoy things that aren't necessarily aimed at our audience but i guess people think men enjoying MLP is strange...and to be fair some Bronies are just plain weird about it.

and like someone else posted while i spent however ****ing long it was typing this, a lot of them flip their **** if you don't like the show forgetting that everyone has an opinion.

i don't know, that's my take on it.

Last edited:
The people that don't care won't watch anyway. This is a message for the people who do watch and like the direction the show is going. Why should the people who don't watch care which voice talents get fired? The people that do watch however would care if they fired Sarah and the rest of the cast because that's who they are used to.

But what they did and are doing is WRONG. Thus, it comes full circle to where it began. We need to restore the proper (and unanimously preferred) original VAs in their roles. It's the RIGHT thing to do.

the majority of the people who watch the show now.

They'll get much MORE ratings if they fix the mistake. It'll only help them in the long run! :)

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
i would say most people hate Bronies because they usually see the annoying side of the fanbase, posting MLP related content EVERYWHERE. it gets annoying when you can't go anywhere without seeing a brightly coloured horse on your screen. while that can probably be said about a lot of things, i guess MLP sticks out more because MLP has always been a franchise directed at little girls and now we see older people, who typically are males, enjoying it. i mean, a lot of us do enjoy things that aren't necessarily aimed at our audience but i guess people think men enjoying MLP is strange...and to be fair some Bronies are just plain weird about it.

i don't know, that's my take on it.

Bingo. I just find it....strange

But what they did and are doing is WRONG. Thus, it comes full circle to where it began. We need to restore the proper (and unanimously preferred) original VAs in their roles. It's the RIGHT thing to do.

Most of the people who watched the early seasons don't watch the show anymore. Why would they care if the old voice talents come back. You seem to be the only one who cares.

And they won't get more ratings. That's crazy talk.

Most of the people who watched the early seasons don't watch the show anymore. Why would they care if the old voice talents come back. You seem to be the only one who cares.

Truthfully a lot of people care Pokemaniac. It's just most of them don't have Serebii forum accounts: that's all. Most are still outraged: I went on a BW video on youtube and the top comment was "the new VAs suck" with 45 thumbs up. That speaks volumes about the issue itself.

http://www.petitiononline.com/pkmnash/petition.html
http://www.petitiononline.com/pokevas/petition.html

Oh yeah because the people on YouTube are people we should listen to and respect right? XD

We should learn to respect all fans, not just those on these forums. :)

Uh.... no, we shouldn't. Most Pokemon fans don't deserve respect especially those biased hypocrites on YouTube.

Well there are plenty of biased hypocrites here too Pokemaniac. It's arguable on both fronts, really.

Anyway, what do you think of bronies and MLP: FiM (so we can stop this discussion now)! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.