• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Fanbases Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am deafened by the TPCi dub, sad to say. XD. Sorry lol, and I'm 18 as well. XD.

Pathetic. Just give it a rest, please. Thanks. :)

*Whistles innocently in a corner as I await the dropping of the Banhammer on your ignorant self*

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
I am deafened by the TPCi dub, sad to say. XD. Sorry lol, and I'm 18 as well. XD.

Pathetic. Just give it a rest, please. Thanks. Not even going to bother to reason with you here. You claim the anime sucks. Done. Just like that.

He is not the one complaining about voice actors changing in a tv show. Ironic this is coming up in a discussion of worst fanbases

*Whistles innocently in a corner as I await the dropping of the Banhammer on your ignorant self*

Ignorant? If something is badly dubbed, then what can I say? It's a really bad dub. I honestly wouldn't mind the current main cast getting replaced AGAIN, because I'm sure anyone would do a much better job than these guys. It's incredibly wooden and forced throughout the duration of its run. :(

He is not the one complaining about voice actors changing in a tv show. Ironic this is coming up in a discussion of worst fanbases

Well, let's see the Japanese seiyus replaced and then we'll talk, okay? Anyway, it's fine to talk about it considering how much the anime itself has changed with the current cast. It's literally gone downhill in English. The difference is beyond drastic. It has to be said. It's incredibly callous and again it shows what greed and money will do.

Last edited:
You want a bad dub? Try the 90's dub of Sailor Moon. That was ear-grating, my friend.

Not as much TPCi Pokemon, sorry. That was glorious compared to this. :)
Even 4Kids OP 50 times over isn't as ear grating. No joke.

Indeed....

And plus you guys would be part of the "worst fanbase" for ditching the old cast and crew in favor of these pathetic jokers who don't know how to voice act if their life depends on it.

Sailor Moon's dub is 10th worst of all anime dubs. TPCi Pokemon is #1. (see AnimeAmerica). I rest my case. The dub needs to be rescued. I don't care if FUNi dubs it, Ocean, Viz Media, please get these awful VAs removed. I've had enough crap from them.

Last edited:
Oh, I have a really good list here:

1. Most of Sonic fanbase. FULL of crappy recolors and over obsessive fan girls. I knew someone who did recolors and was obsessed with Tails...ughh! >.< But other than those things, it's...meh.

2. Some of the MLP fanbase. OK, I am a pegasister, and proud of it. But I hate how people say "love and tolerate" when some people forget to follow that rule. What bugs me the most is that most of the fanbase hates on the older generations of MLP. I love G1, G3, and G4 ponies, and it really gets on my nerves when I see a comment like "G3. AHHHH MY EYES"
People forget that the creator of the show originally intended some of the G1 ponies to be the original mane 6, but due to copyright reasons, she couldn't do it. The only G1 pony she was allowed to use was Applejack. For example, Twilight Sparkle is apparently the daughter of the G1 pony, Twilight. Fluttershy is Posey, but with wings. Rainbow Dash is Firefly, but with G3's colors. Not so sure about Rarity...Pinkie Pie is Surprise, but with G3's colors and has no wings. My mom still has her G1 Surprise, and when I told her that G4 Pinkie pie was supposed to be Surprise, my mother fell in love with Pinkie! True story.

3. Original Pokemon series fanbase. Only ones who whine about the new voice actors, Pokemon, stuff like that. My cousin is a G1 whiner. sure everyone has their own opinions...but people fail to realize that 4Kids is a horrible dubbing company, and the original Pokemon anime was horribly mutilated with replacement foods, cut scenes, weird voices. The only voice that I like that was dubbed by 4kids is Ash's voice. And I've heard the Tpci's dub, and I haven't gone deaf. Plus, in the new ones they don't cut out stuff as much as 4Kids did.

Oh, I have a really good list here:

1. Most of Sonic fanbase. FULL of crappy recolors and over obsessive fan girls. I knew someone who did recolors and was obsessed with Tails...ughh! >.< But other than those things, it's...meh.

2. Some of the MLP fanbase. OK, I am a pegasister, and proud of it. But I hate how people say "love and tolerate" when some people forget to follow that rule. What bugs me the most is that most of the fanbase hates on the older generations of MLP. I love G1, G3, and G4 ponies, and it really gets on my nerves when I see a comment like "G3. AHHHH MY EYES"
People forget that the creator of the show originally intended some of the G1 ponies to be the original mane 6, but due to copyright reasons, she couldn't do it. The only G1 pony she was allowed to use was Applejack. For example, Twilight Sparkle is apparently the daughter of the G1 pony, Twilight. Fluttershy is Posey, but with wings. Rainbow Dash is Firefly, but with G3's colors. Not so sure about Rarity...Pinkie Pie is Surprise, but with G3's colors and has no wings. My mom still has her G1 Surprise, and when I told her that G4 Pinkie pie was supposed to be Surprise, my mother fell in love with Pinkie! True story.

3. Original Pokemon series fanbase. Only ones who whine about the new voice actors, Pokemon, stuff like that. My cousin is a G1 whiner. sure everyone has their own opinions...but people fail to realize that 4Kids is a horrible dubbing company, and the original Pokemon anime was horribly mutilated with replacement foods, cut scenes, weird voices. The only voice that I like that was dubbed by 4kids is Ash's voice. And I've heard the Tpci's dub, and I haven't gone deaf. Plus, in the new ones they don't cut out stuff as much as 4Kids did.

A lot of us care more about the quality of the dub than little edits like riceballs into sandwiches. Plus, we actually enjoy watching an anime dub that doesn't make our ears bleed profusely. Interpret that as you will. :)

You should also know TPCi's dub is considered drastically inferior to the 4Kids dub NOT because of nostalgia but in overall quality as well. It's obvious: better voice actors, better replacement BGM, proper emotion/effort, better intros/endings, better scripts, the list goes on and on. *sigh* And yet you guys support THIS garbage. Very pathetic.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
You know, this whole thread was almost actually good. But somehow, over the last ten pages, this managed to turn into complete ****. I'm... really amazed. You guys spent this much time arguing over voice actors for a long-running anime series?

Sigh. I think I actually have to adjust my ratings and put Pokemon at the top of my list of worst fandoms ever. I'll sit here and await the mass bannings.

Oh, and one more fanbase to throw into the fire: Pro-Wrestling fans. I cant help but laugh at the constant "wars" between Cenatards and Smarks. It truly is like a trainwreck. And don't even think about telling them that wrestling is fake. That is, unless you want a bunch of 8-year-olds wearing multi-colored "U Cant C Me" Shirts/Armbands/Hats and 35-year-old manchildren wearing XXL Stone Cold/Ring of Honor/"N" (Nexus) shirts standing at your door, all armed with torches, pitchforks, and steel chairs.

Last edited:
You know, this whole thread was almost actually good. But somehow, over the last ten pages, this managed to turn into complete ****. I'm... really amazed. You guys spent this much time arguing over voice actors for a long-running anime series?

Sigh. I think I actually have to adjust my ratings and put Pokemon at the top of my list of worst fandoms ever. I'll sit here and await the mass bannings.

Well, yes, would you like it voice actors who brought the anime to life for 400+ episodes from Kanto-Early BF were replaced with crappy people either off the street or in crap dubs like Gravitation or the worst of 4Kids VAs? I don't. It's far worse off than it was with 4Kids and frankly someone needs to rescue Pokemon ASAP from DuArt...I don't care who at this point. I can't watch this substandard crappy dubbing and it never fails to make me cringe every episode. It's absurdly pathetic. I'm not willing to sacrifice editing and somewhat better retention of the Jap BGM for so many deprovements like scripting, voice acting, better replacement BGM. That's what it boils down to in the end for me. I struggle to not bash my head against the wall watching the current dub. It is really THAT bad.

Well, yes, would you like it voice actors who brought the anime to life for 400+ episodes from Kanto-Early BF were replaced with crappy people either off the street or in crap dubs like Gravitation or the worst of 4Kids VAs? I don't. It's far worse off than it was with 4Kids and frankly someone needs to rescue Pokemon ASAP from DuArt...I don't care who at this point.

Someone needs to rescue us from YOU at this point. I don't care who, so long as they've got a Banhammer.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
A lot of us care more about the quality of the dub than little edits like riceballs into sandwiches. Plus, we actually enjoy watching an anime dub that doesn't make our ears bleed profusely. Interpret that as you will. :)

You should also know TPCi's dub is considered drastically inferior to the 4Kids dub NOT because of nostalgia but in overall quality as well. It's obvious: better voice actors, better replacement BGM, proper emotion/effort, better intros/endings, better scripts, the list goes on and on. *sigh* And yet you guys support THIS garbage. Very pathetic.

Well, you seem to be the one dragging this on. Just stop hating on something as silly as dubs of anime, because people prefer what they want to prefer. Please, quit it.

Anyways, I do agree that most, anime is rubbish at the moment. Even Pokemon (Though I admit Gen 3 wasn't horrible, but Gen 4 and 5 turned rubbish). There are definitely some hidden gems out there though...

Gen 1 whiners are the most annoying portion of fanbase, as they are so stubborn.

Someone needs to rescue us from YOU at this point. I don't care who, so long as they've got a Banhammer.

Whatever you say, whatever you say. I could care less...I just can't take TPCi's crap anymore. It's been almost seven years and the dubbing is just as bad as it was in MOMP. And Meowth is just getting worse and worse in BW...more gravely and deep with each episode. Please Ocean, Viz, FUNi, someone get this away from DuArt. I don't care who: just end this crappy dub. It's too atrocious to describe for me. I can't even begin to describe the horror I feel when watching the TPCi dub. I'm left speechless...and in a bad way.

Well, you seem to be the one dragging this on. Just stop hating on something as silly as dubs of anime, because people prefer what they want to prefer. Please, quit it.

Anyways, I do agree that most, anime is rubbish at the moment. Even Pokemon. There are definitely some hidden gems out there though...

Gen 1 whiners are the most annoying portion of fanbase, as they are so stubborn.

I would quit it if I wasn't getting bashed for stating what really happened. I find Gen IV and V people the worst of the lot, personally. Refusal to admit when the dub is getting butchered mercilessly. I can't take it anymore: I've given them SO much time to improve and found nothing better than any of the old voice cast. It's beyond bad at this point. I'm PRAYING someone gets this away from DuArt at this point. Sorry, I tried to be optimistic about this change but it's painfully obvious this was a mistake at the get-go and only now do I realize the horrendous nature of the current VAs and the TPCi dub itself.

4Kids, you may have done bad with other things, but you should've never given up Pokemon. Biggest mistake ever.

Last edited:
Whatever you say, whatever you say. I could care less...I just can't take TPCi's crap anymore. It's been almost seven years and the dubbing is just as bad as it was in MOMP. And Meowth is just getting worse and worse in BW...more gravely and deep with each episode. Please Ocean, Viz, FUNi, someone get this away from DuArt. I don't care who: just end this crappy dub.

Ever notice that you're the only one complaining? Maybe that's a sign for you to shut up and take your argument elsewhere, please and thank you :)

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Well, yes, would you like it voice actors who brought the anime to life for 400+ episodes from Kanto-Early BF were replaced with crappy people either off the street or in crap dubs like Gravitation or the worst of 4Kids VAs? I don't. It's far worse off than it was with 4Kids and frankly someone needs to rescue Pokemon ASAP from DuArt...I don't care who at this point. I can't watch this substandard crappy dubbing and it never fails to make me cringe every episode. It's absurdly pathetic. I'm not willing to sacrifice editing and somewhat better retention of the Jap BGM for so many deprovements like scripting, voice acting, better replacement BGM. That's what it boils down to in the end for me. I struggle to not bash my head against the wall watching the current dub. It is really THAT bad.

Then don't watch it. Simple as that.

Ever notice that you're the only one complaining? Maybe that's a sign for you to shut up and take your arguement elsewhere, please and thank you :)

Spell argument correctly and then criticize others please? Also refrain from the derogatory language. Thanks. :)

Then don't watch it. Simple as that.

I can't anymore. I'm kept from the anime I love solely because the voice acting and scripting is too far beneath what I can take. That's all I can say, really. It's atrocious and I don't know WHY I held out this hope that the dubbers would improve but they haven't at all and some like Brock in DP and Meowth in BW are even worse. I guess I'll just watch the series in JPN w/subs permanently now. Way to go, TPCi, way to go. You are now worse than 4Kids ever was in my book. Just amazing how bad you guys are. May you sick twisted executives at TPCi rot in hell for the rest of your days for keeping the true English VAs from where they should be and giving us possibly the crappiest replacements on Earth to fill their shoes. :(

Last edited:
Also refrain from the derogatory language. Thanks. :)

I'm derogatory to those who deserve it. A.k.a, some jerkoff who's beating a dead Rapidash by complaining on and on about something that everyone else stopped caring about a loooooooooong time ago. So please, place your head back up your own rectum so we won't have to hear you anymore. Thank you, and have a nice day.

I'm derogatory to those who deserve it. A.k.a, some jerkoff who's beating a dead Rapidash by complaining on and on about something that everyone else stopped caring about a loooooooooong time ago. So please, place your head back up your own rectum so we won't have to hear you anymore. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Good language again. Go ahead, I'm far beyond your useless taunts at this point. It still isn't over and it won't be until TPCi loses their license to dub the series. I don't care who the hell it is...but they need to be stopped. This is a bigger trainwreck than the 4Kids One Piece dub ever was and letting it go on for so long like this...wow. I'm left speechless and appalled. Are we all really that ignorant and mean? Guess so. And here I was hoping the Pokemon fanbase was more respectful of others' opinions but they seem to be the worst of the lot in that respect. :)

And now the Pokemon fanbase is officially the worst by far, for ignoring good dubbing in favor of crap so long as there are less edits and Japanese BGM is somewhat intact. Not worth it at all-- not by a longshot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.