• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

worst games ever

Rezzo

Occasionally
ffs kid I was trolling, If I changed my mind I would have just edited my post.

@Rezzo: *claps* I am glad you realized your error. Now here is my point, I stated in I think 3 other posts why I dislike the game. This mind you is not including the one you are talking about.
Earthbound sucks imo get over it. TIme to move on kids.

What the **** am I reading?

un0va said:

Hey at least it's up for sale in your region.

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.

Yes. For god's sake people, Opinion isn't fact. You may question the choice of using the term "retardedly random," but that honestly describes how I felt the humor in Earthbound was, retarded and random. It's so stupid and not-funny it disturbs me. As for not being a bad game, in my opinion, yes it is. When you look past the abysmal humor, you find an RPG engine that's more or less bare-bones. There's a few things that set it apart, but nothing that makes the game fun for me. I am sick and tired of people telling me "No, you HAVE to like Earthbound. It's not a choice, it's law!" And who ****ing cares that "retardedly" isn't a word? You think I don't realize that?

Worst game ever though? Maybe not, but it's definitely the game I hate more than almost any other game.

Random is not always a bad thing. Skylanders is random, but you like that.

Seriously, no it's not. And if I ever said I liked it, I mislead you. I've never actually played it, but I defend the game because most of the bad I hear about it is from people who, you know, NEVER PLAYED THE DAMN GAME. They just hate it because "Oh, it's expensive, it's a cash cow, they changed Spyro's design, it's not a Spyro game, blah blah blah." Most of the people I've met who have actually played the game actually like it.

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I think I'm going to go with youAPOSTROPHEre favorite game, also possibly EarthBound.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I like how you just explained the game is both varied and formulaic. I like how you explained that consecutively.
I noticed that too actually, but I think that's "retardedly random" to bring up. Lol, that phrase should be viral.

Okay, I enjoy a wonderfully crafted game, and you play something else. Sounds good.

Earthbound could give me a profit at this point. Maybe when it really gets expensive, and I played it to heck, I could use it for a charity drive, or something.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
You don't have to like the game but not liking it because it's "retardedly random"isn't a good reason.

Seriously, no it's not. And if I ever said I liked it, I mislead you. I've never actually played it, but I defend the game because most of the bad I hear about it is from people who, you know, NEVER PLAYED THE DAMN GAME. They just hate it because "Oh, it's expensive, it's a cash cow, they changed Spyro's design, it's not a Spyro game, blah blah blah." Most of the people I've met who have actually played the game actually like it.
Oh, so never played it huh? So you defend a game you never played because people bash a game they never played. Dear Neptune, what sense does this make?

None at all

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
You don't have to like the game but not liking it because it's "retardedly random"isn't a good reason.

Oh, so never played it huh? So you defend a game you never played because people bash a game they never played. Dear Neptune, what sense does this make?

None at all

Actually, I hate Earthbound because, in all honesty, I thought the game itself was really boring and by-the-numbers with shallow gameplay. The groan-inducing humor just made it worse.

Actually, you're wrong. Since I've never played the game, I cannot truly say I like it NOR dislike it. HOWEVER, that still doesn't mean it's wrong for me to defend a game that's mostly hated for biased reasons. It's actually the ones that have not played it and come up with dumb reasons for not liking it without even playing it that that make no sense.

And while we're on the subject, you ask me to explain why I dislike certain games, but I have yet to ask you why you hate Skylanders, assuming you've actually played Skylanders. So if you have played it, why do you not like it?

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Thought so. You haven't even played it either, so you're one to talk.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I'm not even criticizing the game. I'm criticizing the ones who haven't played it, and come up with dumb reasons of not liking the game much like the reason you just provided.

Abstinence Pistols

Actually, you're wrong. Since I've never played the game, I cannot truly say I like it NOR dislike it. HOWEVER, that still doesn't mean it's wrong for me to defend a game that's mostly hated for biased reasons. It's actually the ones that have not played it and come up with dumb reasons for not liking it without even playing it that that make no sense.

And while we're on the subject, you ask me to explain why I dislike certain games, but I have yet to ask you why you hate Skylanders, assuming you've actually played Skylanders. So if you have played it, why do you not like it?

So let me try and understand something.

You defend a game on an internet forum because people bash it for having problems, and you think that those are biased reasons, despite never actually having played the game to know for yourself?

Just checking.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
So let me try and understand something.

You defend a game on an internet forum because people bash it for having problems, and you think that those are biased reasons, despite never actually having played the game to know for yourself?

Just checking.

Let's forget that the problems people normally claim of Skylanders have absolutely nothing to do with the game itself. If the normal reasons actually had to do with the game itself instead of "It's expensive" or "It's real life DLC," then it would be a different story.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Well I sure as hell know that "Spyro's changed design" or "The game is expensive" doesn't have anything to do with gameplay or fun factor, or anything inside the game.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
That's a better reason, but it's still kind of beside the point. It still doesn't explain the gameplay or why the game itself actually sucks instead of just you not willing to pay for action figures and such.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Do you know what's really retardedly random: Chrono Trigger.

It has a stupid race in a middle of an RPG, as well as a soup drinking contest, a stupid telekinetic dinosaur (makes me think of other stupid things with PK powers), as well as some spiky monster that destroys the world as we know it at 1999. That's a retardedly random year to pick.

I can chastise games without solid reasoning as well; it's not hard.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Do you know what's really retardedly random: Chrono Trigger.

It has a stupid race in a middle of an RPG, as well as a soup drinking contest, a stupid telekinetic dinosaur (makes me think of other stupid things with PK powers), as well as some spiky monster that destroys the world as we know it at 1999. That's a retardedly random year to pick.

I can chastise games without solid reasoning as well; it's not hard.

Okay, so hating Earthbound for the actual game itself (Because as I said, I hate it for the actual gameplay as well) is such an awful crime, yet hating a game without even playing the game is good?

Also, stop trying to make Earthbound seem any less random by listing things in other games that really aren't that random at all.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Also, stop trying to make Earthbound seem any less random by listing things in other games that really aren't that random at all.
A soup drinking contest isn't random?

Let me ask you this, what jokes in the game were so bad, that it is so off-putting that the game was unendurable for you?

After answering that question, I want to ask what qualifies this game to be mention in worst games ever.

Plus, nothing is as retardedly random as plumbers don't wear ties. Seriously, can anybody endure the non-sensible plot.