• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

worst games ever

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Not really.

It's not one joke, it's a complete hodge-podge of random, stupid, poorly thought out, disconnected, and overall annoying jokes that ruins the game's humor.

Why do I mention it as one of the worst games ever made? Not just because of that and the boring, by the numbers gameplay with no real interesting quirks or decent gameplay mechanics, but almost everything else about the game is generally unlikeable too, including the graphics and the OST. I've heard the argument that the graphics were good for their time, but honestly I strongly disagree. To make matters worse, it's a game that I'm basically forced to play again and again and again because the fanbase thinks I should give the game another chance, but the more I play it, the more it's "by-the-numbers" gameplay makes me want to sleep. I could almost forgive this if it wasn't for all the people who are like "NO! You are not allowed to hate this game! It's a GOOD game because we said so! YOU MUST LIKE THIS GAME!!!" Sure, it doesn't have any glitches or anything like that, but I sure as heck didn't have fun playing it.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking of doing. You're going to try and play the "YOU MUST LIKE THIS GAME" card around on me because of Skylanders. No, I'm not saying you have to like Skylanders by any means, I'm just saying at LEAST try the game before saying you truly hate the game. I have no problems with people disliking a game if they've actually played it. Most Skylanders haters, however, have not.

...Just for the record, though. I wasn't the one who mentioned Earthbound. I was just discussing it. Again, I don't know about "worst game ever" bad, but I do dislike Earthbound more than just about any other game I've played.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
"No, you HAVE to like Earthbound. It's not a choice, it's law!"

Said literally by no one ever.

And who ****ing cares that "retardedly" isn't a word? You think I don't realize that?

Yes.
Best part is there no way to prove that you didn't know prior to everyone calling you out on it.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
A soup drinking contest isn't random?

Let me ask you this, what jokes in the game were so bad, that it is so off-putting that the game was unendurable for you?

After answering that question, I want to ask what qualifies this game to be mention in worst games ever.

Plus, nothing is as retardedly random as plumbers don't wear ties. Seriously, can anybody endure the non-sensible plot.

Wait I can't tell if this guy is actually bashing chrono trigger or not. And its worth noting that a soup drinking contest isn't so random when you take into account that it took place in like 13,000,000 bc and no one knows what things they actually did for fun. Just saying. At any rate if you are really even attempting to compare earthbound to chrono trigger all of your credibility is lost. In quality alone chrono trigger surpasses earthbound in literally everyway. And btw Psychic dinosaurs > hippy clowns just saying.

Now I am honored that my opinion caused such a heated pointless discussion, but my spidey sense is saying this thread is more then going to get closed cuz you guys cant get off the topic of earthbound.

Abstinence Pistols

Well I sure as hell know that "Spyro's changed design" or "The game is expensive" doesn't have anything to do with gameplay or fun factor, or anything inside the game.
If I do not feel that a game is worth the money I paid for it then that is a valid reason to dislike it.
That's a better reason, but it's still kind of beside the point. It still doesn't explain the gameplay or why the game itself actually sucks instead of just you not willing to pay for action figures and such.
It's also a valid reason to dislike a game if I'm forced to spend more money alongside what I already have in order to get the full experience. See: Mass Effect 3.
Okay, so hating Earthbound for the actual game itself (Because as I said, I hate it for the actual gameplay as well) is such an awful crime, yet hating a game without even playing the game is good?

Also, stop trying to make Earthbound seem any less random by listing things in other games that really aren't that random at all.
So wait, a soup-drinking contest in the middle of a quest to destroy the world is not random, yet Earthbound is?

Wait I can't tell if this guy is actually bashing chrono trigger or not. And its worth noting that a soup drinking contest isn't so random when you take into account that it took place in like 13,000,000 bc and no one knows what things they actually did for fun. Just saying. At any rate if you are really even attempting to compare earthbound to chrono trigger all of your credibility is lost. In quality alone chrono trigger surpasses earthbound in literally everyway. And btw Psychic dinosaurs > hippy clowns just saying.
He's making a point. Also, the hippy clowns make sense in the context of the game.
Now I am honored that my opinion caused such a heated pointless discussion, but my spidey sense is saying this thread is more then going to get closed cuz you guys cant get off the topic of earthbound.
OVGD is basically no man's land, it takes a hell of a lot more than arguments over Earthbound to get a topic closed.

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I give up! You guys just keep acting like your opinion is law and I'll continue to loath Earthbound even more. Let's just pretend the only reason I hate Earthbound is it's retarded humor and that a game being too expensive has ANYTHING to do with gameplay at all.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
And btw Psychic dinosaurs > hippy clowns just saying.
The New Age Retro Hippie, which was supposed to be a clever oxymoron mind you.

Besides, it's like that Smash Bros. argument where someone said that Smash Bros. was inferior to some other fighting game where they compare a sexy female character to Wario. Yeah, if I got a high from one game, and a low from another game, I could make any game sound better than another game, even if the other game is better.

Edit: Mugourth: I still didn't hear a particular part of the game where the humor was so bad that it rendered it terrible. I'm just asking for an example. One solid piece of evidence that you could bring to a trial (metaphoric phrase).

Last edited:

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
@unova: Then his point is invalid because all of the things he mentioned were also valid given the context of the situation. And I am aware however a "flame war" that has thrown the thread way off topic is reason enough to get the thread closed i imagine.

edit: @politoed: Smashbros technically isn't entirely a fighting game so thats also invalid.

Abstinence Pistols

I give up! You guys just keep acting like your opinion is law and I'll continue to loath Earthbound even more. Let's just pretend the only reason I hate Earthbound is it's retarded humor and that a game being too expensive has ANYTHING to do with gameplay at all.

My favorite part is where people said next to nothing about the actual game and just tried to get you to explain yourself, which you refused to and just yelled at everyone because "YOU KEEP ACTING LIKE YOUR OPINION IS LAW A BLOO BLOO BLOO".

But whatever.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
My favorite part is where people said next to nothing about the actual game and just tried to get you to explain yourself, which you refused to and just yelled at everyone because "YOU KEEP ACTING LIKE YOUR OPINION IS LAW A BLOO BLOO BLOO".

But whatever.

No, I explained myself several times. You guys just refused to read past the complaints of the game's awful humor.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
It's a perfectly good reason not to buy the game.

In all fairness jb the game is actually completable without making any additional purchases which is true for just about every game that uses "purchasable addon content".

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
edit: @politoed: Smashbros technically isn't entirely a fighting game so thats also invalid.
So you are basically trying to invalidate every point I bring up based on a technicality. Smash bros. has a series of playable characters that fight. I still can't remember exactly which game), but it also had a series of fighters. Let me use the Playstation All-Star's Battle Royale for example. You have Kratos, a strong and formidable legend that beat the gods, versus Jiggypuff, a balloon that can doesn't even perform well in its own games. Would it be a fair contest if I brought up this contrast by polarizing my examples?

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
So you are basically trying to invalidate every point I bring up based on a technicality. Smash bros. has a series of playable characters that fight. I still can't remember exactly which game), but it also had a series of fighters. Let me use the Playstation All-Star's Battle Royale for example. You have Kratos, a strong and formidable legend that beat the gods, versus Jiggypuff, a balloon that can doesn't even perform well in its own games. Would it be a fair contest if I brought up this contrast by polarizing my examples?

Not quite, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._(series) Action, fighting, platformer. There for comparing it to other fighting games (in the sense of which is a better fighting game) is a pretty ignorant thing to do. Ssbb isnt meant to be entirely a fighting game, its an action platformer with fighting elements. PS all stars is a fighting game with action elements. See what i am saying.

At least chrono trigger and earthbound are both rpgs.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
No, I explained myself several times. You guys just refused to read past the complaints of the game's awful humor.

No you didn't. You used vague terms like saying it was by-the-numbers and it had overall annoying jokes without providing any examples. When asked, you simply generalized, making your arguments hold no weight. More than that, you chose to whine about how people were forcing you to play it (which no one did unless you were fastened to a chair with a SNES controller duct taped to your hands) rather than providing reasons to why you thought it was a bad game.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
In all fairness jb the game is actually completable without making any additional purchases which is true for just about every game that uses "purchasable addon content".
Doesn't help that the characters that come with game are all terrible. Even Spyro.
No you didn't. You used vague terms like saying it was by-the-numbers and it had overall annoying jokes without providing any examples. When asked, you simply generalized, making your arguments hold no weight. More than that, you chose to whine about how people were forcing you to play it (which no one did unless you were fastened to a chair with a SNES controller duct taped to your hands) rather than providing reasons to why you thought it was a bad game.
You should know that "the bullies always win!"

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
Are you really gonna keep at it? He doesnt the game, it doesnt interest him at all that is that. He doesnt owe anyone supporting details.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Are you really gonna keep at it? He doesnt the game, it doesnt interest him at all that is that. He doesnt owe anyone supporting details.

Of course not.

Though if he's going to assume no one read his posts I'm going to clear that up.

Abstinence Pistols

He's done this multiple times before and every time someone tries to get him to make statements that aren't so general he backtracks like crazy and whines that we're all being bullies.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
Well technically you are being bullies lol. You could, you know take his opinion for whats its worth and move on. Different strokes for different folks, I love ff13 but you don't see me creating an uproar because jb said it was his least favorite game. God this thread is worse then reading comments on top 10 list videos on youtube. -_-