• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst/Hated battle in Anipoke History

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash vs Elesa lmao

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ash vs Elesa lmao
Case closed lol
We've had a lot of shitty battles, but I really don't think this one can be topped lmao, it has ZERO redeeming qualities
Atleast Ash vs Cameron had good animation and Pignite Chad
Trip vs Ash....Ash wasn't a total loser?
Leon vs Alain..... that end bit animation was nice
Ash vs Roxie..... Iris and Cilan were cute while cheering
Ash vs Tobias...... Ash took out two legendaries
Ash vs Alain.....insanely well animated
Ash vs Hapu...... The strats had atleast some basis
Ash vs Hau....Ash still won
Ash vs Drasna.....The writing for the mons was still cool despite the shitty choreography and animation

But Ash vs Elesa is just horrific
Bad writing, mediocre animation, no funny moments, no cool moments, Ash winning feels like more of an insult, the strats make me wanna bleach my eyes, etc. Etc.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Also, while I still believe Ash vs Elesa is the worst
I do want to mention this horrific fight as well that I don't see brought up much

Ash vs Morrison
I'm sorry but that episode was bad. Morrison sacrifices half of his team for such a contrived reason and poorly baked plot, Ash still almost loses showing Morrison is definitely better, animation is awful, strats mid and an awful end to a shortlived and anti climatic rivalry

Oh and also Ash vs Ritchie was bad, but atleast Charizard was funny

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Alain vs Leon. I honestly don't think a match has been this despised since the Kalos League finals (ironically)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
kind of sad the only unova league battle Ash had that was decent was against Stephen.

though outside of the tournament, Elesa wins hands down.
I agree. Ash vs Steven was a great battle. It’s such a shame his best (and only good) battle was with the rival he interacted with the least. Ash vs Elesa is definitely up there though

Sceptilee

Alain vs Leon. I honestly don't think a match has been this despised since the Kalos League finals (ironically)
Ash vs Alain was actually a pretty good battle, the only problem was the result as there was so much hype that Ash would win. Atleast it was a hard fought battle that recognised the strength of both Charizard and Greninja, and gave some pretty cool feats to Pikachu.

As for Alain vs Leon, we already knew Leon would win and would very likely embarrass him and yet it was still disappointing, Alain's Charizard got no respect at all aside from beating a Rillaboom that was already weakened. That battle definitely fits here, although I agree with Ash vs Elesa being the worst.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
I actually don't mind the Elesa battle too much. It was meant to be humorous and not taken seriously, so I can forgive it for making Ash dumber than usual. This wasn't a case where a character was stupid for the sake of making the battle tougher or easier.

Speaking of characters being stupid for the sake of making the battle tougher. Cameron threw a Swanna at Pikachu and a Ferrothorn at Pignite, just so Ash wouldn't lose 2-6. And it's so weird that Ash didn't just go "Well, let's let Cameron get a sixth Pokemon." No. The match was weighted in his favor unfairly, he was basically fine with this. Cameron threw freebies at him. They made Cameron, a character dumber than Ash by default, even dumber to make Ash look better.

DayQuil95

I'm sorry, but like, I prefer Vs Cameron over the battle from today. Ash vs Cameron was literally a rebooted Ash vs A Moron, and it still managed to be entertaining in some aspects, animation was good enough, and the choreography made sense for the skill level of both characters at the time, as Ash was rebooted and Cameron just sucked.

The battle may have been a 5v6, but given how Ash was literally using Pokemon like Unfezant over his big hitters from Unova like Krookodile and other competent battlers like Leavanny, it made enough sense for me. Granted, the battle was still horrible, but today's battle just sucked beyond everything I have seen in years in the anime.

High expectations and potential contributes to bigger disappointments, and it's much easier to get disappointed with the strongest trainer in the world vs the one rival that Ash never managed to beat than two newbies fighting each other because naturally, your expectations for the battle will be much higher than usual.

In this case, Leon used G-Max Rillaboom for no reason, and it ended up contributing nothing to the battle other than not allowing him to utilize G-Max Charizard for what would have been a legitimately great and entertaining confront between G-Max and Mega Evolution, but instead, they presented no good justification as for why Leon used G-Max at that moment, other than once again showcasing just how much of a horrible Gimmick it is within the anime, not hitting Chesnaught with a single move, and having its moves blocked by Spiky Shield or dodged.

I'm not even hellbent on Leon using G-Max Charizard over G-Max Rillaboom, but rather about what was the reason for him to do so at the very beginning of the battle, that just felt like lazy writing and lack of effort when it comes to even make a nice choreography for a battle that ended up being horrible in every spectrum of the word for what should be the beginning of the tournament with the highest stakes for Ash up to this point, at least from what they pretend within the narrative.

But yeah, if Ash vs Cameron was a 5/10, this was a 4/10 easily. Both battles sucked and had horrible decisions, but this one, in particular, was a worse offender due to how much narrative weight it should have for the tournament and series in general, nice one writers.