• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Internet Forums?

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
That thread where Serebii popped up proved a bit of a point: It may be a bit strict, but it gets far worse.

I used to lurk on BZPower, which is a Bionicle Discussion forum that is dwindling as we speak due to the whole dead-ness of the franchise and the fact that everyone there grows older by the second.

It was one of my secondary objectives as part of the "News Update" daily homerun that would occur roughly every two weeks when Bionicle was still going. I found the harsh, unwelcoming attitude of a community I thought myself to be a part of both amusing and somewhat depressing. They had an entire chart of things you could get infracted for roughly three average me-posts long, and a Fan-Comics sub-forum that I felt did not live up to the self-professed quality of it's parent website (At least compared to the level of variety one would find here.)

It's what I would call the worst, mainly because I had the time to observe it from beginning to end. As a part of my understanding towards the society of the Internet, it contributed much, but not in the good way.

As far as the worst I don't actually go to but have most certainly heard about, I hear Bulbapedia got bought out by a company or something.

waffle_x_v

Fun stuff
I find smogon forums much like a dictatorship. They delete any post that doesn't fit their view. Not to mention how seriously they take pokemon. I like pokemon, it's fun, but it's not a way of life.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
About 8 years ago, I was in this Hi-5 forum, I was a mod there, I was stupid (I was 12, okay?!) and made MY friend a mod XP and I got banned LOL and kept coming back there XD Well I eventually left coz I was bored XD hehe, nya~

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
i kinda dislike the 4kids forum

o_o I forgot 4KIDS has a forum...

I don't go on a lot of forums, honestly. Serebii is really the only active forum I use, and I do enjoy this place. I have been on a few, but I don't like them, nor do I hate them. I just found them dull and uninteresting. (Yes, even the TGWTG forums.) Therefore, I don't know what forums are the worst out there. I just go by what other people say, since I know I'm not going to the forums anyway just because I can't bring myself to.

rocky505

Bulbagarden is annoying sometimes to me. The Mods will take stuff too seriously. It's like they don't know what sarcasm is.

Flame Mistress

Bulbagarden is annoying sometimes to me. The Mods will take stuff too seriously. It's like they don't know what sarcasm is.

Ditto on that. Maybe it's just because of the fact that it seemed seriously disorganized to me after frequenting Serebii, but the mods over there make the mods here seem like cuddly kittens.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I have some problems with bulbagarden forums, mainly because some of the moderators takes their "job" too serious.
Specially the one of the mods of the anime sub-forum. I have a some infractions there...

That being said, I must say that bulbagarden is way more organized than serebii and actually prefer some sub-forums on there than some from here...
"Pokémon World", "Contest Hall" and "Fun & Games" are some of the sub-forums I spend my time on there.

Besides bulbagarden, I don't like the osu! forum, the people on there are too immature and biased.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
From what I'm seeing, Serebii forums is the only Pokemon based forum that doesn't suck.

I've only really been active on one other forum; Bungie.net. I loved how they set things up, and they allowed you to make separate groups that were almost like your own personal forums within a forum. Serebii pales in comparison to Bungie.net. Especially since it was made using all of Bungie's Halo money

But my most hated forum is 4chan. I found it to be incredibly unoraganized and near impossible to follow. No to mention the content within was complete garbage anyway. And I can't even access it at school because it's blocked for "adult imagery".

I only am on three forums, technically: Serebii, Gamefaqs, and Fur Affinity Forums. When it all comes down to it, I'd say GameFAQs is the worse, though I like it. A lot of the regulars, though, can be a little dislikeable, even if there are some half-decent people on there. Next up would be FAF, because though it's a cool forum, it gets a bit boring.

Flame Mistress

I have some problems with bulbagarden forums, mainly because some of the moderators takes their "job" too serious.
Specially the one of the mods of the anime sub-forum. I have a some infractions there...

That being said, I must say that bulbagarden is way more organized than serebii and actually prefer some sub-forums on there than some from here...
"Pokémon World", "Contest Hall" and "Fun & Games" are some of the sub-forums I spend my time on there.

I agree with you on that first paragraph. They must be really into it if the head admin himself (Archaic) comes down to mock anyone who isn't a PokéShipper.

I don't really like how BMGf has these ridiculous names for everything, unlike SPPf, where the names of the sections are much more to-the-point. (Also, the maintenance RPG section is atrocious. They have something like five sub-sections, yet not one of those RPGs have a decent plot, and they come nowhere near the standards of SPPf. The RP mods would probably shut down the whole place if they saw it. But that's just my opinion.)

Zwitter™

Surhomme
GaiaOnline.

Worst forum known to man.
I'll second that

I only am on three forums, technically: Serebii, Gamefaqs, and Fur Affinity Forums. When it all comes down to it, I'd say GameFAQs is the worse, though I like it. A lot of the regulars, though, can be a little dislikeable, even if there are some half-decent people on there. Next up would be FAF, because though it's a cool forum, it gets a bit boring.
Seriously, FA? I'm just don't even....

From what I'm seeing, Serebii forums is the only Pokemon based forum that doesn't suck.

I've only really been active on one other forum; Bungie.net. I loved how they set things up, and they allowed you to make separate groups that were almost like your own personal forums within a forum. Serebii pales in comparison to Bungie.net. Especially since it was made using all of Bungie's Halo money

But my most hated forum is 4chan. I found it to be incredibly unoraganized and near impossible to follow. No to mention the content within was complete garbage anyway. And I can't even access it at school because it's blocked for "adult imagery".
Never tried Bungie.net but might now. Also 4chan is an Imageboard not a forum. You don't need identity. Think of it as the worst of the internet painting graffiti over some back street wall. That's why it's so disorganised and full of crap.

Tbh I haven't found one I have strong opinions about either way. Serebii will draw me back every couple of months of so but that's about it.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I forgot to mention gamefaqs. Really, that place sucks.

I agree with you on that first paragraph. They must be really into it if the head admin himself (Archaic) comes down to mock anyone who isn't a PokéShipper.

Wait, what? He does that?

If so, that explains why some moderators have such a bad attitude. In fact, besides Kakuna Matata and maybe winstein, I don't know a moderator in there who aren't at least a bit arrogant.

Flame Mistress

Wait, what? He does that?

If so, that explains why some moderators have such a bad attitude. In fact, besides Kakuna Matata and maybe winstein, I don't know a moderator in there who aren't at least a bit arrogant.
Oh, yeah, he does. Well, not exactly "mock everyone", but in the similar vein. Just check out the Shippers' Paradise.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Oh, yeah, he does. Well, not exactly "mock everyone", but in the similar vein. Just check out the Shippers' Paradise.
I am gonna do it.

Lol, I didn't even know he really posted on there.
I thought he was the kind of admin who only likes to create rules and observe the forums.

Bulbagarden is a little boring but I swing there just to post fanfiction. I kinda go to the shipping section to but just to lurk since most of the parings I support aren't popular. The site itself is becoming like facebook.

I did forget to mention that I'm not too big on Sonic Stadium. I mean cool forum, cool discussions but the members there can get a little old school on you if someone knew that I meant. Plus it's okay for the mods to have a idgaf personality but there's a fine line between being stern and being a *****...

Pokecommunity is a little boring as well. I don't know but it's not as good as this forum. Maybe this one's more active? Or maybe the other place focuses more on he games itself than here.