• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Internet Forums?

Dynamo_Blitzle

Champions League ★
Does 9gag count? It's not a forum, but still...
9gag's rules don't make the site any better. It's community is full of some of the most idiotic children you have ever seen.

Add Reddit if 9GAG can be counted.

Savanny Killersaurus

In Another Castle
I spent about a year on the PokeDream forums when I was younger. The mods there were uptight snobs that hung out in a little "group" in the general discussion forums. If you weren't a mod and you tried to post there, they'd flame you until you left their conversation. Possibly the rudest forum I've ever been to. Dunno if they've changed since then, though.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Maybe because there aren't better ones?

Bingo. You can argue that this is the best Pokemon forum out there (and it is), but that doesn't mean it has no flaws. Almost all video game-based forums are terrible. We're just looking for the ones that are the least terrible. If you ask me, FUS is a better video game-based forum than this one, but that's only because they're a smaller forum.

Part of the problem with this forum is that the place is way too big with way too many sections and alot of confusing rules as a result. But worst of all by far, there is a real disconnect between the staff and the members, likely as a result of this place's size. Members are nothing more than numbers to a majority of the staff, as evidenced by the countless times the number of members this place has is brought up by them whenever someone tries to make a point. Mods tell us that this site has several hundred thousand members. But how about this? Who was the 5,000th member to join? How about the 6,500th? They can't answer that without looking it up, and those early people are the people that have been here through everything, this site's most loyal members. You'll occasionally get one mod who empathizes with the members, but it's rare. And it's usually only with certain people.

Now does one flaw make it one of the worst? Not really. But it's by no means as perfect as some people seem to think it is. Thinking this place is perfect is plain gullibility. If you're going to praise this site, let's at least be realistic about it. Relish in its merits, but acknowledge its flaws.

However, nothing I mentioned above even remotely holds a candle to the worst forum I've been on. Because in the words of George Carlin, if you really want to get into the bad forums, and I mean the big time, MAJOR LEAGUE horrendously terrible forums, you have to stand in awe, and I mean IN AWE of the all time mother of terrible forums, the king of terrible forums, Sonicanime. This one is so horrendously bad, that this post woud become a TL;DR post 1000 times over if I were to explain every problem with that site, and I STILL wouldn't be done. So I'll just tell you what ended up happening to it instead.

The site had so many problems and it got so bad that their member base dropped from over 10,000 to around 2000 in less than a month. Now I know that they got some of their members back, but that's the very definition of a site crashing and burning. It's a shame, because it could have been avoided if the staff members had only listened to what I and alot of other people were saying. The site gets a few posts a day nowadays, if they're lucky.

Last edited:

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
You can argue that this is the best Pokemon forum out there (and it is)

heheheehehehehehehe

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
Looool, roblox. Used to play it. It is fun, but only to an extent. The forums are just hilariously horrid.
(Can someone tell me which button to press to stop question marks and the like from going É instead of what they are supposed to be, im a computer noob and cant use punctuation, it bugs me)

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Who was the 5,000th member to join? How about the 6,500th? They can't answer that without looking it up, and those early people are the people that have been here through everything, this site's most loyal members. You'll occasionally get one mod who empathizes with the members, but it's rare. And it's usually only with certain people.

Speaking as Member #1,994, and having seen entire populations come and go, those old members probably aren't "this site's most loyal members" and probably don't even go here anymore. I'm not even one of the oldest members here in terms of account longevity, because the site was rebooted somewhere before 2004 and people were going there before then. (Incidentally, checking for members 5000 and 6500 gives an "invalid user specified" notice -- most loyal members my achin' αss.)

Now, to be fair, I'm sticking majorly on a minor point here... but I just think it shouldn't be misrepresented that much. (And to be fair, I'm not a fan of a lot of the mods, but nor am I of most of the other members, but first and foremost I treat everyone equally before accounting for power -- because if we take that away from everyone, what really separates us in terms of class, except for stupid boundaries our "society" creates.)

However, nothing I mentioned above even remotely holds a candle to the worst forum I've been on. Because in the words of George Carlin, if you really want to get into the bad forums, and I mean the big time, MAJOR LEAGUE horrendously terrible forums, you have to stand in awe, and I mean IN AWE of the all time mother of terrible forums, the king of terrible forums, Sonicanime. This one is so horrendously bad, that this post woud become a TL;DR post 1000 times over if I were to explain every problem with that site, and I STILL wouldn't be done. So I'll just tell you what ended up happening to it instead.

The site had so many problems and it got so bad that their member base dropped from over 10,000 to around 2000 in less than a month. Now I know that they got some of their members back, but that's the very definition of a site crashing and burning. It's a shame, because it could have been avoided if the staff members had only listened to what I and alot of other people were saying. The site gets a few posts a day nowadays, if they're lucky.

>Sonic

Well, I think we've found the problem. Great game series through at least the Dreamcast, a few good games peppered in here and there, great music, but the fandom makes those villages from all those Cthulhu stories look sane and normal.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
I find it funny how every time, no matter where I go, when a thread like this is made, most people say the same forum it was made on.

Lanik

Any forum that is dominated by kids under the age of 14, such as forums that have to do with FusionFall. Those message boards often have stupid threads, and the people there aren't as bright as most of the people I've seen here. Their stupidity is contagious to me. Also, I've seen so many goodbye threads there. Personally, I think Serebii.net is the best forum I've been to.

there are internat forums outside of serebii?

THIS IS TRULY AN EYE-OPENING MOMENT

That was so funny I forgot to laugh...

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Speaking as Member #1,994, and having seen entire populations come and go, those old members probably aren't "this site's most loyal members" and probably don't even go here anymore. I'm not even one of the oldest members here in terms of account longevity, because the site was rebooted somewhere before 2004 and people were going there before then. (Incidentally, checking for members 5000 and 6500 gives an "invalid user specified" notice -- most loyal members my achin' αss.)

You may be right, but that's kind of my point. You had to look it up.

Last edited:

blackterminator3

Bulba forms for me has got to be a bit boring there. At times I do go there just to see what is going on, but a few minutes later, I become bored again. Gamefaqs oh boy, I am really careful on what boards to go on, since most of them are full of bad mouthed and topics that don't make sense.

D

Deleted member 318910

I really haven't been searching the internet to find bad forums, but I think we can all agree that youtube comments just plain suck...

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
I really haven't been searching the internet to find bad forums, but I think we can all agree that youtube comments just plain suck...

This. I would like to be able to browse comments on Youtube without seeing three expletives in every sentence and people calling each other ridiculous names.