• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Moments of XY(&Z)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
-Two League Battles of Ash were skipped
-Master-Class Showcase's Final Round (You needed the fanbase to win the Master-Class? Really? That makes no f***ing sense.)
-Korrina Arc
-Filler Episodes

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ash and Team Rocket hogging 90% of the screentime, especially in the first 40 episodes
Hardly any group conflicts and group chemistry was bland as well
Everyone in the group looking up to and overglofiying Ash
The Korrina arc and all the unnecessary Lucario promotion
the handling of Serena's and Clemont's characters and lack of screetime for both. Serena should have been upgraded to a co-star imo. She also should have gotten more than 3 Pokemon.
Amourshipping becoming overhyped and overrated
Serena never getting to battle much or finish most of her battles
Most of the fillers were horrible
Showcases should have been fleshed out more and handled better
Ash catching 2 dragon types.
The league, though I honestly had no interest in it besides the final round anyways.
Ash's gym quest was boring and rushed as hell.
The rivals were bland and not really good rivals at all imo

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Uhm.. Pardon me asking, but.. "Arbok Bondage"? When did that happen?
Bonnie telling Clemont's future waifu what he's into. :D
Also, do you mean you think it's a worst moment that people are whining about the league loss, or what? Because XYZ (including Mega Evolution Act I-IV) is still probably the best contained series of about 50 episodes we have in terms of writing.
That's what I'm saying. It went from XY being really good to most people but when Ash lost, some people were saying it's the worst saga ever JUST because Ash lost the League when there are a lot more interesting and good things in XY(&Z). I was talking about those people. I've enjoy XY(&Z) for the most part like I am with most sagas.

Markerz

From the collective comments in this thread, I can conclusively say that the only good moment in the XY(&Z) series was the appearance of the brothers at the Battle Chateau. :p

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
-TR stealing cheese.

-ZardY curbstomp.

-Blast burn in the league and the amount of ties.

XYZ where awesome, but moments like those really bring down the entire arcs, we could have foregone TR entirely on that episode and it could have been better, Alain win was offensive for the VA, the animators and the viewer intelligence altogether.

spacedp

Showcases
Rushed league
way too much filler
Clemont
"Never give up til the end"
Clemont episodes
Clemont's gags
Over-used Afro hair
Ash's friends worshipping him
The heavy attack > explosion > fainted Pokemon cliché.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
- Characters

Ash's...
- lack of continuity.
- lack of training for Goodra and Noivern.
- lack of victories for late!Goodra and Noivern.
- creepy obsession with his Greninja.
- league defeat after ALL that rushing.
- lack of a real league female rival, again.
- anti-Mega Evolution user.
- killjoy squad.

Serena's...
- late goal finding.
- showcases.
- absurdly low Pokemon count.
- hopeless crush on Ash.
- lack of action moments.
- battle interruptions because she's never allowed to win many of them.

Clemont's...
- goal being nonexistent or getting fixed after 3 episodes of his debut.
- his ghost of a Luxray.
- decking Heliolisk.
- failed Dexter expy.
- WHERE THE HELL IS HIS MOM.

Bonnie's...
- attitude.
- bratty brat.
- English voice.
- crybaby.
- worst younger companion after Max. Hey, at least he tried to fight.

Alain's...
- ...pretty much everything about him: battle prowess, lack of scenes with his other Pokemon, super Charisexual, stupid cliche goal, an absurd powerful bypasser to the league who won everything and gave everyone in there middle fingers, empty shell of occasional hatred, what the hell is that outfit?, hell I like Sasuke from Naruto better in the angst department!

Scottie "Shota" Sawyer's...
- late introduction.
- failed ORAS promotion.
- basically being Clemont as a rival without the machine inventions.
- lack of kiss for Ash... C'mon, you all thought this was possible!

Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna's...
- cannon fodder status, especially Trevor and his Y Zard.

Extremely rushed league.
Showcases, and their lack of male rivals.
Showcase rivals in general.
The Gosh darned Korrina arc. USE YOUR STUPID AURA ONCE, YOU DUMB JACKAL. STOP USING YOUR STONES!
Mary Sue Aria. She lifts a finger, she regains her title. Serena pulls all the stops (with fire, again) but it's not enough.
Lack of jerkass rivals. Well, they DO force the main characters to have tension.
Late evil team plot.
The dub's bad lines and music.
Lisa Ortiz grinding her voice on a Gym Leader AND becoming the voice director? Ha ha, NO.

I could say more but I don't want to kill this season.

Last edited:

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
- Characters

Ash's...
- lack of continuity.
- lack of training for Goodra and Noivern.
- lack of victories for late!Goodra and Noivern.
- creepy obsession with his Greninja.
- league defeat after ALL that rushing.
- lack of a real league female rival, again.
- anti-Mega Evolution user.
- killjoy squad.

Serena's...
- late goal finding.
- showcases.
- absurdly low Pokemon count.
- hopeless crush on Ash.
- lack of action moments.
- battle interruptions because she's never allowed to win many of them.

Clemont's...
- goal being nonexistent or getting fixed after 3 episodes of his debut.
- his ghost of a Luxray.
- decking Heliolisk.
- failed Dexter expy.
- WHERE THE HELL IS HIS MOM.

Bonnie's...
- attitude.
- bratty brat.
- English voice.
- crybaby.
- worst younger companion after Max. Hey, at least he tried to fight.

Alain's...
- ...pretty much everything about him: battle prowess, lack of scenes with his other Pokemon, super Charisexual, stupid cliche goal, an absurd powerful bypasser to the league who won everything and gave everyone in there middle fingers, empty shell of occasional hatred, what the hell is that outfit?, hell I like Sasuke from Naruto better in the angst department!

Scottie "Shota" Sawyer's...
- late introduction.
- failed ORAS promotion.
- basically being Clemont as a rival without the machine inventions.
- lack of kiss for Ash... C'mon, you all thought this was possible!

Tierno, Trevor, and Shauna's...
- cannon fodder status, especially Trevor and his Y Zard.

Extremely rushed league.
Showcases, and their lack of male rivals.
Showcase rivals in general.
The Gosh darned Korrina arc. USE YOUR STUPID AURA ONCE, YOU DUMB JACKAL. STOP USING YOUR STONES!
Mary Sue Aria. She lifts a finger, she regains her title. Serena pulls all the stops (with fire, again) but it's not enough.
Lack of jerkass rivals. Well, they DO force the main characters to have tension.
Late evil team plot.
The dub's bad lines and music.
Lisa Ortiz grinding her voice on a Gym Leader AND becoming the voice director? Ha ha, NO.

I could say more but I don't want to kill this season.

[Breathe in] Boi, you did DESTROYED the series already LMAO

Janovy

Banned

Opal Pikachu13

Serena not having a goal for halfway through the season
She finally gets one, although Showcases weren't that great.
Bonnie's pointless episodes of her befriending Pokemon, but unable to keep them (Flabebe, Tyrantrum)
Bonnie's marriage gag
Pikachu hardly having any official battles after Lumiose Gym until the Snowbelle Gym rematch
Too much Greninja focus
Noivern had lack of training, lost horribly in Kalos League
Goodra, same as Noivern with lack of training, was released to the wetlands, then brought back losing horribly in Kalos League
Alain vs Trevor Kalos League match
Furfrou trainer's interruption almost cost Ash the League

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
so far the most consistent complaint is showcases sucking, which sounds about right.

Imagine waiting 40 episodes for a pokegirl to get a goal and its the debatably worst pokegirl goal, that doubly stings

Red and Blue

Can't we all just agree XY is a huge improvement over BW? At least Ash had progression this season instead of regression

Janovy

Banned
Can't we all just agree XY is a huge improvement over BW? At least Ash had progression this season instead of regression
Believe it or not, people watch this anime for more than just Ash.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

I agree about Ash's placement, sort of, but I still rank BW season 2 and XY about the same. There's no way it's better than the first 20 or so episodes of BW season 1 though.

Lunala

Banned
I watched more of XY recently and now I think it's an improvement. I used to dislike XY a lot and prefer BW.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

Pretty cheap way of escaping the complaints, but yea it's true that it's better than BW for the most part. Doesn't say much though...

Status
Not open for further replies.