• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst moments?

Diego And Argyle

Hating Consequences
Catching Missingo in my old Blue not realising it would screw my game up.

PhiJer

Thunder Trainer
my friend was too scared to go further than the first grass...so he trained his bulbasaur into venusaur to lvl 100...in the first grass...unbeliveble

TrombonCosmico

Vamo' lo' pibe' loco
I catch like a lot of Missingos and M', and all of they become Rhydon =(

shining snorlax

I heart noobs
I'm replaying the game right now out of nostalgia: I was trying to catch a Jigglypuff on Route 3, and when I FINALLY encountered one, my Wartortle's tackle missed...and the only move Jigglypuff knew was sing. So, I'm asleep for 6 turns, and when I wake up, I'm immediately put to sleep again. Now I wanted it more than ever. After another 6 turns of sleep, I finally woke up...and sing MISSED! I was to happy to tackle again, only this time I got a 'lucky' critical hit and KOed it. Not really that bad, I guess, but that was probably 20 minutes of my life gone XD

Last edited:

Espeon Eyes

Watching you
I'm replaying the game right now out of nostalgia: I was trying to catch a Jigglypuff on Route 3, and when I FINALLY encountered one, my Wartortle's tackle missed...and the only move Jigglypuff knew was sing. So, I'm asleep for 6 turns, and when I wake up, I'm immediately put to sleep again. Now I wanted it more than ever. After another 6 turns of sleep, I finally woke up...and sing MISSED! I was to happy to tackle again, only this time I got a 'lucky' critical hit and KOed it. Not really that bad, I guess, but that was probably 20 minutes of my life gone XD

Heh... I feel your pain. I believe Jigglypuff is the leading cause of people throwing their Gameboys out the window.

koxcstar23

Loser w/o shoes
When I played the ist gen games I never knew how to get surf, so I would wander around all the time, or before i got to the house where the guy is, I ran out of steps.

Espeon Eyes

Watching you
I once made the mistake of walking past the door to Blaine's gym without the key, just as that girl was walking past directly below me.
I got stuck between the door and the girl; it just kept saying "It seems you need a key" or whatever it says, and then it would make me turn around but I couldn't move because the stupid girl was in my way, so it would turn me back around and say I needed a key....
It went on in a loop like this for a few minutes, not letting me push any buttons or anything, and I finally just shut the game off and lost a good chunk of previous play (this was before the cord went on the fritz, causing the game to periodically shut off and me to save every minute or so to avoid tragedy).

dingodile555

I once made the mistake of walking past the door to Blaine's gym without the key, just as that girl was walking past directly below me.
I got stuck between the door and the girl; it just kept saying "It seems you need a key" or whatever it says, and then it would make me turn around but I couldn't move because the stupid girl was in my way, so it would turn me back around and say I needed a key....
It went on in a loop like this for a few minutes, not letting me push any buttons or anything, and I finally just shut the game off and lost a good chunk of previous play (this was before the cord went on the fritz, causing the game to periodically shut off and me to save every minute or so to avoid tragedy).

Yikes! That must be frustrating.

hawaiian ale

zapdos master hoo ra
my wrost moment was when i kept loseing to gary @ ceruluen

getting lost mount moon so many latters

Jedtai

My silver version was always a little glitchy. All of my pokemon were really strong. Then one day, it only gave me the option to start a new game. All of my progress was gone.

Mine would have to be when I completely skipped Lt. Surge's gym in Blue, because I couldn't figure out his trash can puzzle. I beat Giovanni before I beat Surge, and went that long without Fly.

I got stuck in the Cerulean-Vermillion part of the game for ages.
It took me a while to figure out how to get past the ghost Marowak.

My movesets back then were bad. Really, really bad.

~Dotaitos~

My friend asked me to restart my game and trade him all the starters, saying that it wouldn't erase my game. I lost a high powered team which had just beaten the elite four because of him.

I caught a nidoran male..........with a master ball. then my friend told me that was the only one in the game,so I restarted.

I caught a nidoran male..........with a master ball. then my friend told me that was the only one in the game,so I restarted.

sixonesix

VGC player
My worst moment was when I did the Safari Zone glitch (the one where you pay to get out. I forgot I had done it, so I saved and turned off the game. A couple of weeks later I picked up the game and was in Celadon City when I got the message "Ding-Dong! Time's up! Your Safari game is over!" I warped to the entrance house in Fuschia city and ended up in Glitch city without a flying pokemon. To this day I only have 488 steps to do what I have to do before I inevitably end up trapped in Glitch city forever.