• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst moments?

Espeon Eyes

Watching you
I caught a nidoran male..........with a master ball. then my friend told me that was the only one in the game,so I restarted.
Ugh.
Although, you don't really NEED the Masterball for any Pokemon... even Mewtwo can be caught with a purchased ball.

Bronze_Dragon

Lopunny's puns pwn.
I used to have an awesome save file on my Yellow.

Every single pokemon, including a legit Mew my friend got for me.
63 of them were Lvl100.

One day, I turned on my game, to play my beloved game.

To find that my cousin had restarted the game.

And saved.
It was very very very horrifying for me, you know?

Last edited:

sixonesix

VGC player
I used to have an awesome save file on my Yellow.

Every single pokemon, including a legit Mew my friend got for me.
63 of them were Lvl100.

One day, I turned on my game, to play my beloved game.

To find that my cousin had restarted the game.

And saved.
It was very very very horrifying for me, you know?

Yeah, ah, I learned very early on that starting a new game over an older and more valuable game is very, very bad juju. Makes you kinda wish Game Freak would think to have multiple save files on each cart.

Espeon Eyes

Watching you
I once released my cousin's Togepi because I didn't get the difference between "Release" and "Withdraw."
In my defense, I'd never played the game before.

Losa

I like Sandstorm.
Being so good in the game everybody lended my Articuno. And I loved it. Then somehow when I once traded it to Silver and saved it was gone.

mewmew202

I killed Mewtwo, couldn't reach surf for forever, didn't realize until a long time you could skip seafoam isalands, and caught Magikarp with a Masterball. I also saved after catching Missingno. before I knew what it did.

azuvipsel

Tried to clone Mewtwo and ended up cloning the magikarp and loosing Mewtwo. Very annoying, more so at the time because I thought Mewtwo was amazing and great and the best etc.

Whitby

Dog Man Star
I can't think of anything horribly heart-stopping that's ever happened to me... but, I don't know. I guess when I was young and lacked my mad skillz, I had an extremely hard time getting past Brock... it would take me hours and hours, and hours. EVEN with a Squirtle...

Dragon99970

The Terror of Death
i was like 4,5,or 6, i accidently put charizard in the pc and i thought i lost it :)
to me, i was glad i had saved recently

Shiny Rokon

Worst moment: When i'm friend's sister was looking at my pokemon on my gameboy, dropped it on a tiled floor and the screen went blank, turned the gameboy on again and all the data had been erased!! ;__; lots of very good pokemon, i was crushed for weeks.

Rose Spirit

All-Type Trainer
My silver version was always a little glitchy. All of my pokemon were really strong. Then one day, it only gave me the option to start a new game. All of my progress was gone.

...I just found out this evening that that happened to my Crystal game... T^T But it wasn't glitchy before! Just really old, I guess, with over 200 hours invested in it...

I guess my most embarrassing moment was getting lost in Seafoam Islands for about a week, then finally stumbling out the entrance. >.< I didn't even get to Articuno on that run, I was so lost.

Or you could count the time I was running to catch the bus in fourth grade, tripped, and accidentally tossed my Game Boy about seven feet away onto the sidewalk, knocking out the batteries. Thankfully it was off, and there were no ill effects, but I still felt... really stupid.

Titan500

Solar Panels
My worst moment was when I beat the 2nd gym and saved and just yesterday I played it again and I was back in pallet town with a lv: 5 charmeleon

The Mighty Wurmple

^ Doubt it.

My worst moment was when I realised I couldn't get more than one Master Ball, and used it on an unusually high leveled Electrode in the Cerulean Cave.

Webslinger

Got lost in Seafoam Islands for over two weeks.
And of course, trying to challenge Misty having chosen a Charmander as starter...all i can say is...i got owned.