• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Movies Ever!

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
"Pixels" was really bad for me as well as my childhood friend. One of the worst arcade-game based movies ever done. And WHAT have they done to poor Q*Bert in the movie...? Wells, he turns into a beautiful lady, marries the main protagonist... then THIS.
aTckuxeB.jpg

Hell no I'm NOT gonna forget this easily... no wonder it won one of the "Razzies" awards for the worst movies ever...

Luthor

I've never seen those movies since I tend to avoid watching horror films in general, although I do remember seeing commercials for the Paranormal Activity movies, and I always hated the exaggerated audience reactions that they'd show during those previews in order to prove that the movies are scary.

Scariest thing was many in the audience genuinely were reacting like that.

Honestly I like to think of these "horror" movies as comedies. I just cant take them seriously when they hold on a scene for a minute only for an object to move slightly. Then once the jump scare happens the character overreacts.

It is hard to take it seriously. But it just goes on and on and becomes very boring.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
"Pixels" was really bad for me as well as my childhood friend. One of the worst arcade-game based movies ever done. And WHAT have they done to poor Q*Bert in the movie...? Wells, he turns into a beautiful lady, marries the main protagonist... then THIS.

If I recall correctly, Ludlow (Josh Gad) married Q*Bert and ... reproduced, not the main character Sam Brenner (Adam Sandler). Yes, this is somehow worse than your statement.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Don't know if I'd call it the worst movie ever (that's probably The Room) but We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story! is up there. Weird nonsensical plotline, the villain's motivation makes little sense and then just gets randomly eaten by Crows at the end, the romance between the leads is just akward instead of cute, and the most insulting part is having Steven Spielberg as a director of.... Whatever this is..?

I've never seen Home on the Range despite liking most Disney animated movies since I heard that it was bad. A lot of Disney movies from the early 2000's were bad or mediocre at best, such as Atlantis, Brother Bear, and Treasure Planet.
Hey now Atlantis and Treasure Planet were Masterpieces! Don't lump them in with that snoozefest known as Brother Bear :p

Last edited:

Nodqfan

Iron Man 3: Honestly what was the point of this movie? It felt like they had run out of ideas for Iron Man, making the Mandrin an actor? Come on man.

Also Elf it almost sucks the joy from Christmas for me.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mythical-Moonlight said:
Hey now Atlantis and Treasure Planet were Masterpieces! Don't lump them in with that snoozefest known as Brother Bear :p

If we're talking about action, then sure those movies weren't that bad. I just thought that the mix of CGI and hand drawn animation in Atlantis and Treasure Planet looked jarring. Those weren't the first Disney movies that mixed those two animation styles of course, but for some reason I thought they looked awful.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Iron Man 3: Honestly what was the point of this movie? It felt like they had run out of ideas for Iron Man, making the Mandrin an actor? Come on man.

Also Elf it almost sucks the joy from Christmas for me.

Personally I find both Iron Man 2 and 3 to be the worst films in the MCU. Mainly since they dont add anything to the overall universe, other than minor character development for Tony.

I just find both films to be the low points whenever I want to rewatch the whole MCU.

Nyter

Island Challenger
So I just saw the Kissing Booth 2... and it was better than what I expected from a "chick flick" sequel. The first was better imo but the 2nd one was good to watch. I never read the book(s) that these movies were based on but apparently they were best-sellers.

The one main gripe I had with this move was they it followed the same Netflix teen drama movie formula that other movies contained. Take for instance "To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You"... After Lara Jean gets her happily ever after guy. Another guy comes into the fold interested in the female protagonist. And a female antagonist goes after the male protagonist causing drama and doubt in their relationship, yadda yadda yadda, then they get back together. "To All The Boys: P.S. I Love You" was underwhelming especially after its predecessor was really entertaining.

Well "The Kissing Booth 2" had the same drama... another boy interested in Elle, another female interested in Noah, drama ensues, they doubt their relationship, yadda yadda yadda, they are back together. But There was a difference in this in that they did it better than "TATB: PS ILY". In that one, Lara Jean had an epiphany out of nowhere. In "TKB2", Elle and Noah AND Lee actually work through their doubts and such to solidify their relationships.

So imo, "To All The Boys: P.S. I Love You" was a bad movie. "The Kissing Booth 2" held up.

Missingno.Fan

Don't know if I'd call it the worst movie ever (that's probably The Room) but We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story! is up there. Weird nonsensical plotline, the villain's motivation makes little sense and then just gets randomly eaten by Crows at the end, the romance between the leads is just akward instead of cute, and the most insulting part is having Steven Spielberg as a director of.... Whatever this is..?
Maybe it’s just the nostalgia talking, but I kind of like that movie. It’s so weird, it’s good.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just vaguely remember seeing a few ads for We’re Back! on TV and as a book in one of the book order forms elementary schools used to give you at the beginning of the month so you could order new books. After that I sort of forgot all about it and when someone mentions it, my mind thinks, “Oh yeah. That existed.”

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I was rewatching all eight Harry Potter films and can say the second (Chamber of Secrets) is the worst film in the series. It's slow in certain spots, not as enjoyable as the others, and has the longest runtime. Think it mainly had to do with the director since afterward Chamber of Secrets the quality of production improved.
As of that, I think GoF, OoTP and HBP are the weakest since they removed so much from original source. But weakest of 3 is IMO OoTP.
My HP movie rank would be: Philosopher's Stone > Part 1 > CoS > Part 2 > PoA > GoF > HBP > OoTP.

Missingno.Fan

I just got through watching Cinderella II: Dreams Come True. This wouldn’t be so bad if it was episodes of a tv series, but as a movie it was dreadful.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just got through watching Cinderella II: Dreams Come True. This wouldn’t be so bad if it was episodes of a tv series, but as a movie it was dreadful.
I agree. Only the story about Anastasia finding someone who actually liked her and made her happy was worth it. I’ve always thought that one of the stepsisters was secretly a bit nicer but only pretended to be mean just to fit in with her family. No family acts exactly the same and always has that one person that wants to break free from what they were taught. Anastasia was always the less aggressive and confrontational of the two even during the first movie. At least the third movie retconned the second and Anastasia still got redeemed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Missingno.Fan said:

I disliked practically everything about it [or at least the parts that I can remember]. It was another horrendous straight-to-video Disney movie, and in the case of Cinderella in particular, I always felt that the original was perfect and didn't need a sequel.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The only reason I don't consider it the worst Disney Sequel is because Anastasia's redemption arc was about the only thing that redeemed it (lol) for me. Redemptions Arcs in Disney movies are extremely rare to come by so it was pretty interesting to see a change in their usual formula (even if it was horribly executed)

The worst Disney Sequels by far in my opinion are The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 and The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea.

Mulan 2
is also up there

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
OK, yeah, probably one of the worst sequels, but also, watch Cinderella III. Or, actually, just this scene:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I also watched that one. I will give it props for being original.
And at least it made Cinderella actually do something to prove she belonged with Charming other than just dancing with him and putting on a shoe while never really connecting with him on a personal level.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
I got a few.

Sand Serpents was one that I recall watching a long time ago as a rental. The premise itself was pretty bizarre, with American forces battling the Taliban when the titular monsters show up and start terrorizing the two former factions. It was more weird than outright bad, but I still recall not caring for it too much.

Grizzly Rage was another one of those 'rental watches' from the distant past; it was essentially about a bear killing a bunch of teenagers. From what little I recall of it they didn't even show any on-screen kills, instead opting for cheesy blood effects that covered the screen. Needless to say, even my younger self wasn't impressed.

Like I said before, it's been a long time since I watched both of these, so I'm not sure if I could find any enjoyment out of them now that I have gained a certain appreciation for 'So Bad, It's Good' films over the years. However, even with that taken into account there is still one more film that I can't in good conscious defend: Grown Ups 2. When I first watched it, I was like, "Okay, it's not too bad.". On a later re-watch however, I couldn't take the juvenile humor and just how cringe-worthy it was in general.