• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Movies Ever!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I saw a review on Daddy Derek’s video about gun safety for women and he went to a gun convention and mentioned kids being there but no Kids were seen. The reviewer pointed this out and I said in the comments, “Oh there were kids there. Their mommies were holding them close and telling them to stay away from the crazy man who wants everyone to call him Daddy and is married to a giant cat mascot which is also his son in drag and with giant paper lips.”

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I mentioned Foodfight earlier. This one actually has a kind of weird history; I'll let an IMDb reviewer explain:

While work on the film began in the early 2000s, the hard drives for the film were apparently stolen and work had to begin again! I assume that these folks simply had never heard of the concept of making backup copies. Also, I can only assume someone stole the film in order to save humanity. Unfortunately, work began again--and the original release date in 2003 came and went. Release dates kept changing until eventually the filmmakers were in default on their loans. The film rights were bought at auction for a tiny fraction of the cost to make the film and it was eventually released to DVD only recently.

And the film itself is the stuff of nightmares:

The animated Titanic movies (yes, I did say "animated" and "Titanic" in the same sentence) are also atrocities in themselves. You probably may have seen the Nostalgia Critic or JonTron episodes on these, and if you have, you probably remember this cringeworthy (and anachronistic) scene...

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The animated Titanic movies (yes, I did say "animated" and "Titanic" in the same sentence) are also atrocities in themselves. You probably may have seen the Nostalgia Critic review these, and if you have, you probably remember this cringeworthy (and anachronistic) scene...

And the two that were connected to each other fully insults the tragedy by have literally no one die in the first movie (including one mouse that clearly was dead yet was magically alive at the end of the movie) and the sequel having a gay lisping fish with a spring stuck up in a particular location that doesn’t help the stereotype or bizarreness.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Couldn't really name the worst film I've ever seen (but I've seen a lot of really bad comedies -- because comedy is so subjective, you end up with a shocking amount of people in the business whose idea of comedy is indicating that genitalia exist -- not even saying "X object is phallic," which is a little bit on the easy side, but just saying "hey, those parts of our body exist;" at least put some effort in...)

However, I've seen two films that are widely considered worst-ever candidates, those being Howard the Duck and Laserblast. Both are not that bad. Laserblast is more disappointing for its wasted potential, since it plays with a reasonably neat idea but is made on zero budget and doesn't focus enough on the most interesting parts of the concept, but is decent. Howard the Duck's most major problems stem from the fact that the creators want us to think it's a Howard the Duck movie.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
And the two that were connected to each other fully insults the tragedy by have literally no one die in the first movie (including one mouse that clearly was dead yet was magically alive at the end of the movie) and the sequel having a gay lisping fish with a spring stuck up in a particular location that doesn’t help the stereotype or bizarreness.

The grandpa mouse who appears at the beginning and end of one of the first two movies (can't remember which one) also says he knows the "REAL" story of the Titanic. Yeah, apparently 1,500 people didn't die when the Titanic hit an iceberg and sank in the cold waters of the North Atlantic; instead they were all saved by a school of dolphins and an octopus with a dog face, and they all lived happily ever after. :rolleyes:

Laserblast is more disappointing for its wasted potential, since it plays with a reasonably neat idea but is made on zero budget and doesn't focus enough on the most interesting parts of the concept, but is decent.

Isn't Laserblast a sort-of Star Wars ripoff?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
So I just discovered this Halloween cartoon special got an unnecessary Christmas sequel and it is really bizarre and confusing. The entire plot makes The Rapsittie Street Kids nonexistent plot look like Shakespeare. Spookily the Square Pumpkin actually has a Christmas special and with how the new characters were designed, it looks like the writers had no idea which of the one of three biggest holidays to make a special about so they said “Screw it” and just put together a Halloween/Christmas/Easter story. First off there’s this Christmas colored cat that has an entire green body with a white heart shaped patch being the only other color on the main body, red feet that are just mittens with white trim without being actually mittens, and his tail has green and red stripes and looks like a raccoon’s tail. Then there are these kittens that are colored pastel pink, blue, and yellow and look like Easter eggs. Take a look for yourself!

81ywR0cc2mL._SL1500_.jpg

I seriously can’t be the only one to think of Easter when staring at those kittens. They keep singing songs that come from nowhere and aren’t even that good and the entire plot was basically pointless as nothing really was accomplished as all of the challenges in this thing was basically given to us already as we knew what was happening and why it happened.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Some of the worst movies I've ever seen were ones that I couldn't even watch all the way through.

Momento - Just way too convoluted.

Dumb and Dumber - Offensive to the nth degree and not even remotely funny.

The Tree of Life - A pretentious movie that doesn't make a lot of sense.

Little Miss Sunshine - This movie was so dysfunctional that I couldn't get through it.

Stargate: The Ark of Truth - One of the worst movies that I have ever seen. The acting from the main actors was nonexistent and the only real good actors were the secondary ones. Was cringing the entire time that I watched the movie, all 20 minutes of it, that I did watch.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
So I just discovered this Halloween cartoon special got an unnecessary Christmas sequel and it is really bizarre and confusing. The entire plot makes The Rapsittie Street Kids nonexistent plot look like Shakespeare. Spookily the Square Pumpkin actually has a Christmas special and with how the new characters were designed, it looks like the writers had no idea which of the one of three biggest holidays to make a special about so they said “Screw it” and just put together a Halloween/Christmas/Easter story. First off there’s this Christmas colored cat that has an entire green body with a white heart shaped patch being the only other color on the main body, red feet that are just mittens with white trim without being actually mittens, and his tail has green and red stripes and looks like a raccoon’s tail. Then there are these kittens that are colored pastel pink, blue, and yellow and look like Easter eggs. Take a look for yourself!

81ywR0cc2mL._SL1500_.jpg

I seriously can’t be the only one to think of Easter when staring at those kittens. They keep singing songs that come from nowhere and aren’t even that good and the entire plot was basically pointless as nothing really was accomplished as all of the challenges in this thing was basically given to us already as we knew what was happening and why it happened.
It’s children’s entertainment. i enjoyed the story of the Square Pumpkin when I was little. At least the cats look cute. Semi-related: I saw a plush of the green cat at the local farmer’s market last month.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Isn't Laserblast a sort-of Star Wars ripoff?
Not in what I'd call any appreciable way.

The most Star Wars-y things about it are that it has aliens, that it has laser guns, and also one character blows up a road sign advertising Star Wars, in a scene I'm kinda surprised anyone got away with. Instead it's a story about a teenager (played by someone a little too old to be a teenager) who finds a laser gun in the desert and uses it to start vaporizing people who do horrible things, but as he keeps using it, he gradually turns more and more into a monster and just starts murdering more random people and blowing up more random ****. Except for some sequences of a couple of aliens communicating with their boss, everything takes place on Earth.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It’s children’s entertainment. i enjoyed the story of the Square Pumpkin when I was little. At least the cats look cute. Semi-related: I saw a plush of the green cat at the local farmer’s market last month.
I disagree about the cats being cute because in the picture they look okay but in the actual cartoon they really are not that cute and the kittens are extremely obnoxious in a bad way. And I’m not saying that the Halloween special was bad but was Spookely the Square Pumpkin really in need a Christmas special? This is like giving Frosty the Snowman an Easter special. Some things just don’t go well together.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

81ywR0cc2mL._SL1500_.jpg

That probably isn't the worst Christmas special there is. Many people say the Star Wars Holiday Special is bad, but it doesn't compare to the horror that is Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny. It's a rather obscure film (if it can even be called that) from 1972, where Santa crash-lands in Florida after his reindeer accidentally left him behind on their way to the North Pole. As his sleigh is stuck in the sand on the beach, some random kids come up to rescue him, and while they're doing that, he tells them the story of Thumbelina (or Jack and the Beanstalk, since there were two versions). That's basically just lazily slapping another story right in the middle of another just to fill up that runtime, and the titular Ice Cream Bunny doesn't even appear until the last five minutes or so, when he finally gets Santa unstuck, the reindeer magically reappear, and they fly back to the North Pole. :rolleyes:

Instead it's a story about a teenager (played by someone a little too old to be a teenager) who finds a laser gun in the desert and uses it to start vaporizing people who do horrible things, but as he keeps using it, he gradually turns more and more into a monster and just starts murdering more random people and blowing up more random ****.

I think it's kind of common in movies for teenage characters to be played by much older actors, although this seems to have died down in recent years. Stockard Channing was 34 when she played the high schooler Rizzo in Grease, and Michael J. Fox was in his mid-to-late 20s when he played Marty McFly in the Back to the Future movies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
ive seen a few bad movies, i dont shy away from B and C movies. recon 2020 Caprini massacre was pretty bad and i presume recon 2022 likely was just as bad. teenage vampires from space was one i couldnt finish or bother to. im sure there were a few i forgot to the years to list.

i do have 1 best worst movies that is actually good (unless you are squeamish of cockroaches) Joe's Apartment, its gross and hilarious at the same time.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think it's kind of common in movies for teenage characters to be played by much older actors, although this seems to have died down in recent years. Stockard Channing was 34 when she played the high schooler Rizzo in Grease, and Michael J. Fox was in his mid-to-late 20s when he played Marty McFly in the Back to the Future movies.
Even stranger about Back to the Future is Micheal J Fox is only ten days younger than Lea Thompson who played his mom and three years older than Crispin Glover who played his dad. Now that is a weird thought to think about.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Even stranger about Back to the Future is Micheal J Fox is only ten days younger than Lea Thompson who played his mom and three years older than Crispin Glover who played his dad. Now that is a weird thought to think about.

Doesn't help that in the first movie, Marty's future mother falls in love with him during his trip to 1955. In fact, I think this is why Disney (who were originally offered the movie) rejected the script.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
One movie that people often say was bad that I thought really didn’t deserve the hate it gets is Jack and Jill. If you view the movie from the perspective of someone who knows about loss and loneliness, the movie really isn’t that bad. It’s not Titanic material but it also isn’t Tommy Wiseu’s The Room bad either. When I saw it on TBS, I saw Jack and Jill as a movie about a woman who just wants to be loved by the only person she has left in the world even though he keeps pushing her away. Jill was dedicated to her brother’s family and she seemed to enjoy spending time with them. I think the message the movie wanted to give viewers is that even if you have an annoying relative it doesn’t mean you should push them away when all they want is to be accepted because you might be the only family they have and the familiar bond is more important than material things.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
One movie that people often say was bad that I thought really didn’t deserve the hate it gets is Jack and Jill.

Didn't it "win" two Razzies both for Adam Sandler as Worst Actor and Worst Actress?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Didn't it "win" two Razzies both for Adam Sandler as Worst Actor and Worst Actress?
Sometimes the Razzies are wrong about what movies or performances are “bad”. Rocky IV, the original Friday the 13th, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones were nominated for Razzies and yet they have a huge fan base and are popular movies. Especially the latter two. The 1982 version of Annie was also nominated for a Razzie and yet it is a beloved musical that everyone agrees is the superior film version of the stage musical. Annie got positive reviews from critics with Roger Ebert giving it three out of four stars and it broke even at the box office but made a whole lot more with VHS sales and rentals like many other movies from the 80s. The Razzies are opinion based and the nominees are selected mainly by one guy.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Idk i just dont like these american comedies. Especially Romantic comedies.......
I like drama or horror movies. Something unexpectable.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve recent discovered the KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park and it is hilariously cringe and too cheesy even by 70s standards which was extremely common. The bizarre thing is the movie was made by Hanna Barbara Studios And isn’t animated like you’d think it be especially since the plot is supposed to be a mystery with a costumed villain.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
The bizarre thing is the movie was made by Hanna Barbara Studios And isn’t animated like you’d think it be especially since the plot is supposed to be a mystery with a costumed villain.

Kind of like a certain cartoon series starring a certain talking dog?