• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Movies Ever!

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
Might add in a few later if I think of them, but off the top of my head, Killer Clowns from Outer Space. I know it's a popular movie, but I just don't get it. I'm not really into horror unless it's paranormal, but this movie isn't even scary. I don't even know if it's supposed to be. I found it to be more humorous if anything.

TornadoAdvisory

The Imminent Storm
Might add in a few later if I think of them, but off the top of my head, Killer Clowns from Outer Space. I know it's a popular movie, but I just don't get it. I'm not really into horror unless it's paranormal, but this movie isn't even scary. I don't even know if it's supposed to be. I found it to be more humorous if anything.

IIRC, I'm pretty sure it was meant to be humorous. I think it falls straight into that 'So Bad, It's Good' category that I mentioned earlier, where people get a kick out of it because the sheer concept of mutant clowns from outer space coming to earth and killing people with acidic cream pies and the like is too ridiculous for people to take seriously.

With that said, I didn't care for it too much either but I know people who really did enjoy it.

jaden767

Amphetamine
Xtro is one of the worst movies I've seen. The cinematography was amateurish and there was a lot of gore and what I found the most distressing was the cynicism in that movie.

I know that not all movies have to have happy endings but Xtro is just on a whole other level of negativity.

Leonhart

Imagineer
jaden767 said:
Xtro is one of the worst movies I've seen. The cinematography was amateurish and there was a lot of gore and what I found the most distressing was the cynicism in that movie.

I know that not all movies have to have happy endings but Xtro is just on a whole other level of negativity.

I vaguely remember some of the details of that movie, and some parts were more humorous to me than scary due to how bizarre and random the movie was in general. The scene with the eggs at the end of the movie still creeps me out, however.

Joycap

The Smogonites' personal George Orwell
Last Jedi....
No explanation needed.
Much like Han, Luke died an unnecessary death and the writing was even worse than the Synderverse of DC!

To me Star Wars ends with Mandalorian, there is nothing afterwards

Yeah Last Jedi was kinda doodoo in retrospect, between the amounts of wokeness in the acting staff etc.
I know of good reviews and commentators that have pointed this out in exhaustive detail.

That said... Rise of Skywalker.
I'm not even a fan of Star Wars in any sense of the word, and yet as a general form of popcorn fodder, RoS managed to legitimately offend me. First was the blatant plotholes big enough to drive a Double Decker through, one of which was that whole thing about the dagger giving instructions to this 'sith wayfinder', which Ray went back for even after she didn't need it for... some reason? Honey, you're dining on double mary sues with cheese, and you brainfart that hard? C'mon...

Oh yeah and Kylo Ren. For a moment I sort of liked the anti-hero route they were taking him on, and it made me think "huh, let's hope they're going to do something w-"
Nope, he's dead, because we went to the Adam Taurus school of running away from things...

People seem to think of RoS as a guilty pleasure, simply because it's "J.J Abrams getting his own back on that soyboy Rian Johnson". Breaking news at 10, tosspots - you're both sh*t.

The memory of RoS is fuzzy in my mind beyond that, but let's just say I'm not going to watch it again.

Missingno.Fan

I’ve been watching the Disney DTV sequels lately, and Belle’s Magical World is easily the worst so far that I’ve seen. I heard it was made out of splicing together episodes of a canceled tv series. Even if they were individual episodes, it would still suck to be blunt. The animation was horrid and nothing of interest happens.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Ugh. Sorry to say this, but a pal of mine has the Japanese Blu-ray of "Digimon Adventure - Last Evolution KIZUNA", and the movie was totally rubbish. It completely scrapped the original canon ending of ZERO TWO with the DigiDestined and their kids having Digimon known all around the world, replacing everything with this sh*t: when you reach adulthood, the bond with your Digimon will break. Then what? Your Digimon DIES FOR GOOD. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE GROWN-UP. It makes NO sense whatsoever... There were no subs or something on the Blu-ray (screw you Japan), but my friend understood almost everything. He's the one who told me what was going on. So, just like Digimon Adventure TRI, I'll pass on that one. The movie was so much trash, I didn't even fully watched it...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The recent live action Disney version of Mulan might be the worst movie I've seen in 10 years.
I saw this video a woman of Chinese heritage made about what was wrong with the movie and the ways that these errors could have been prevented. She was mainly talking about big inaccuracies to the original story and cultural representation but let a few things slide slightly since it was supposed to be a fantasy film to begin with. The main issue was that all of the writers were white and barely did any research to make things as accurate to the time period the movie takes place or how certain things should be presented. Chi being described incorrectly was one of her biggest gripes. The only thing that Asians took part in is being actors and extras in the movie which was another complaint of hers. She did have valid points and she said that the movie didn’t have to become a disaster if the writers had asked Chinese scholars and historians for input during the production period. And the fact that Disney made people pay $30 on top of a monthly fee for Disney+ just to watch the movie just added insult to injury when they let subscribers watch Onward for no additional cost when it was out in theaters and then the virus hit.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
The recent live action Disney version of Mulan might be the worst movie I've seen in 10 years.
I saw the #BoycottMulan quotes on social networks, but is it true that the actress doing Mulan supports child abuse, police brutality, torturing the Muslims/Jews and other stuff people DON'T wanna talk about...? If so, then Disney would have made a HUGE mistake of doing this movie...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I saw the #BoycottMulan quotes on social networks, but is it true that the actress doing Mulan supports child abuse, police brutality, torturing the Muslims/Jews and other stuff people DON'T wanna talk about...? If so, then Disney would have made a HUGE mistake of doing this movie...
Honestly Disney made several huge mistakes in doing a remake that is even less faithful to the original version of Mulan including having apples appear on screen when the fruit wouldn’t reach China until several centuries after a Mulan took place and giving her absolutely no character growth or development at all.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Speaking of Disney... What the heck did I just watch in "Secret Society of Second-Born Royals?" They made that movie look so dope in the trailers and then I come to find it being too gimmicky. So many loose ends were left, some acting was atrocious, etc.

This made Artemis Fowl look like it should have been rated higher on the rotten tomatoes score.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
UFO: Target Earth

One of those 70's indie sci-fi films which took itself too seriously. Very slow, & it didn't even have a model space ship; the aliens were energy beings.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
There’s this dollar store animated knock off movie of The Hunchback of Norte Dame that is extremely bad. There are several videos about it on YouTube. It is so far from the original that Esmeralda is now called Melody and she has these annoying talking instruments that are more of the focus of the movie and she can also bring things to life with no explanation. Then there’s the villain who is called Jean-Claude and he is an obvious carbon copy of Gaston only with a mustache. And Quasi isn’t even deformed or ugly and it’s even worse that at the end he’s deemed handsome because his hair is brushed out of his eyes and he corrects his posture and he was hardly in this thing. And Melody’s mom clearly has no brain as she is literally smiling as she is captured by the villain and then basically has a dance party with barn animals in the barn that is serving as her prison. Jean-Claude’s father is just this fat guy who literally does nothing but eat and says stuff that involves food. Jean-Claude hates Melody because she made people dance and he apparently hates people having any type of enjoyment. Oh and then there are the useless bats that serve no purpose to the plot of the movie other than to make extremely bad jokes that even the writers of the worst sitcoms ever made would find lame and the bats also can magically open the doors to Norte Dame or lock them to prevent people from going in.

Oh you think I’m done explaining how awful this dumpster fire is? I’m just getting started. The violin starts sneezing from hay fever, these jingle bells on some small strap are magically brought to life after Melody touches them and they virtually do nothing but tell her mother where her daughter is, and Jean-Claude is going to hang Melody as soon as the bells start to ring but the stupid mom and instruments tell Quasi not to do his job and that’s how Melody gets saved. And in her cell, Melody sings some stupid song about looking at things in a Happy way which isn’t necessarily a bad message but she actually brings the window bars to life and they jump down and she doesn’t try to escape. She also brings a pile of straw to life just for it to dance and she turns this cat from being tan into a darker shade of brown for no reason at all. The only positive I can say is the animation isn’t too bad and is decent but not much else. It at least didn’t have awkward character movement or bad lip syncing. But the characters keep wearing clothes from so many time periods and there’s literally a boy in the opening scene that is wearing a tee shirt, shorts, sneakers, and a baseball cap.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
They a.k.a Invasion from Inner Earth.

Flying saucers are so cheap, you can see the ribs on the paper plates. Alien energy beings are represented by someone shining a flashlight at a wall. Just dumb on every level.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
A Little Piece of Heaven: Man is this thing a total train wreck. I am fully convinced that Kirk Cameron can’t even make a decent movie that isn’t insane somehow or pushing religion onto you!

Didn't Kirk Cameron also do that awful Saving Christmas movie?

Cool Cat: The acting is pretty bad and the creator/producer/director is insane.

This one as well. I think the Nostalgia Critic did a few videos on the Cool Cat series. Also, the creator is apparently a big bully who won't take any criticism of his... "baby", and he tried to get another YouTuber taken down for criticizing him. Kind of sadly ironic when he made a whole episode about Cool Cat "stopping" bullying.

The Enchanted Christmas had some impressive CGI for 1997 with the pipe organ and it was interesting to see what happened during 5he first winter Belle spent inside the castle.

Do bear in mind that Toy Story was already out at this time. Also, has anyone here heard of Foodfight? It's... something.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
This one as well. I think the Nostalgia Critic did a few videos on the Cool Cat series. Also, the creator is apparently a big bully who won't take any criticism of his... "baby", and he tried to get another YouTuber taken down for criticizing him. Kind of sadly ironic when he made a whole episode about Cool Cat "stopping" bullying.
Actually it was Bobsheaux that did a lot of the reviews and also one of the targets but he also fought back and said that Cool Cat tells kids to fight back against a bully and said that Daddy Derek the bully. I Hate Everything and Your Movie Sucks also did reviews but IHE was flagged and sent a “letter” that supposedly came from a law firm full of errors because Derek was impersonating a lawyer to get his way and then realized the major issue of impersonating a lawyer, sent IHE an email to “apologize” and try to talk things out civilly despite everything he did being anything but civil. YMS was never flagged for copyright infringement and thus was stuck in this weird position where he was sort of a middle man to all of this. I am pretty sure Vivica A Fox and Erik Estrada we’re drunk when filming their scene.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
”To All the Boys I’ve Ever Loved Before” (sorry if the title’s off). One, it’s a romance movie. I despise romance movies. Two, it’s a teen romance movie, which makes it even worse. Three, this line: “What’s the point of me being your fake boyfriend if I can’t touch you?”
I managed to watch half of it and then I threw up in my room and cried. I hate being single.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
”To All the Boys I’ve Ever Loved Before” (sorry if the title’s off). One, it’s a romance movie. I despise romance movies. Two, it’s a teen romance movie, which makes it even worse. Three, this line: “What’s the point of me being your fake boyfriend if I can’t touch you?”
I managed to watch half of it and then I threw up in my room and cried. I hate being single.
Also the Cool Cat movies are HILARIOUS. They’re so cringeworthy and terrible that my best friend and I spent an hour or two watching them. We died of laughter.