• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Nintendo Game!

Waldorf

ungrateful
The Mewtwo Master said:
Don't know if these go down as Nintendo Games or not, but the CD-i Games are worse then the Virtual Boy Games, so bad, they're made fun of ALL THE TIME in Youtube Poop Vids (Youtube Poop is slang for Random Nonsense) Especially the Legend of Zelda CD-i Games Nintendo let Philips make, don't know if you'd consider CD-i a Nintendo Console or not :/

Have you ever played the CD-i Zelda games? Well of course you haven't, they're rare games that only work on a rare and obsolete system.

But my point is that the only reason why people mock those games is because of their horrible cinematics. I don't think anyone who has ever called those games the "worst ever" or something along those lines has actually played them.

Have you ever played the CD-i Zelda games? Well of course you haven't, they're rare games that only work on a rare and obsolete system.

But my point is that the only reason why people mock those games is because of their horrible cinematics. I don't think anyone who has ever called those games the "worst ever" or something along those lines has actually played them.

I've seen the Non-Youtube Poop Cutscenes. I wanted to hurt myself to a bloody pulp, as Ganon would say:

NOT INTO THE PIT, IT BURNS!!!

It's almost as bad as E.T. On Atari

King Harkinian in YTPs is a a Thug xD

Last edited:

BeatsTehShiz

I <3 Silver
Yoshi's Story. Far too easy.

I wouldn't say it was bad because it was too easy, just not as interesting or challenging.

The worst Nintendo game I've ever played was Pokemon Ranger. Played it for 12 minutes. Was disappoint. :[

Watch the AVGN's review. You'll see why they suck so much.

jellsprout

Who here has actually played the CD-I games? If you haven't, you don't have any right to bash/praise them and should just shut up.

Everyone who says Zelda II is ********, Christ. Zelda II is easily in my top five Zelda games. I actually hated it due to nostalgia of getting my *** kicked and it wasn't till recently I sat down and beat the whole thing. And wow it was a fantastic experience. The music is amazing and the technical challenge actually forces you to think for yourself. Zelda needs to bring back the difficulty of Zelda II and put it in the form of a 3D game.

Mikau Seafox

Veteran Trainer
Oh man, I can think of so many games that are just absolutely horrid, but most of them are third party, so I can't list them.

But I'm going to file four games: Best Game Of All Time, Biggest Impression, Biggest Disappointment, and Worst Game Of All Time. All of them will be first party.

Best Game Of All Time: Super Mario Bros. 3
Many people have said it's also the best Mario game of all time as well, but seeing as it still stands as my favourite game even today, SMB3 is still one of those games you just pick up, play for hours on end, whether by yourself or with a friend (and kick his/her *** in the name of love x3), and the SNES version just made it better, with improved graphics, sound, music, and the ability to go back to World 1 before choosing the game. Nothing says kicking Bowser's *** multiple times than having a huge stock of 28 Whistles in your inventory. I had a hard time choosing between SMB3 and Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Worst Game of All Time: Mariokart Wii
Now before you folks start coming at me with rakes, flaming torches and pitchforks, let me explain. Yes, Nintendo has a vast history of making good games, so it was quite tough to pick which first-party title sucked the most. In the end, I came to three choices: Pokémon Battle Revolution, Mariokart Wii, and Duck Hunt. I say Mariokart Wii, since I feel that this game was quickly rushed to the gaming market quicker than Sonic '06 (except Mariokart was complete, so HA), so what we got was generic Gamecube-like graphics, horrid voice acting, and crappy tracks. While we're able to play it on the Gamecube controller as an option, I still feel that Nintendo should've taken more time working on Mariokart Wii, and improve the VA's before its final release. Like I said, I had a very hard time trying to decide which game sucks the most for first party, and I can't say Hotel Mario, since it isn't on a Nintendo console, technically. For the record though, I do love the Mariokart games, but the Wii version, not so much.

Biggest Impression: Tetris DS
I'll be honest here, I was torn between Super Smash Bros. Melee and Tetris DS, deciding which game left the biggest impression on me, but in the end, I chose Tetris DS. Why? Well, despite it being the same Tetris game as it ever was, what was really cool about it is that it gave us some small throwbacks by tossing in some classic 8-bit sprites from the NES days. There are six game modes to choose from, each with different styles and challenges, plus it is one of the first Nintendo games (the very first was Mariokart DS, I know) that allowed you to play over Nintendo WFC, and challenging other Tetris players can be a lot of fun.

Biggest Disappointment: Metroid Prime Hunters
When I played the demo version, First Hunt, upon the release of the original Nintendo DS, I thought that this would be a great game to be added to the Metroid Prime roster. I was completely wrong. As a massive Metroid fan, I was very well let down with how bad the game is, in terms of gameplay, and playing online didn't help either, since almost everyone is a goddamn sniper, making me relive the Halo nightmares over again, which is why I refuse to play Halo 3 on Xbox Live. Metroid Prime Hunters, as nifty as the graphics are (and the commercial was amusing), it just sucks, plain and simple. You don't even get much of a chance to find out what the bosses' weaknesses are, since that alone is inherently vague.

treespyro

Vintage much?
Well another few I can add to the list

Well I could say Wii Sports but I don't have a proper reason to say why it is the worst due to the fact that it doesn't feel right as a sport game let alone anything remotely close to excerise.

Mario Party Advance was not what it seemed to be, not much of a story line and only 4 characters.

Any Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games on a Nintendo system or any after the PS1 days.

But Superman 64 is still number 1

Worst Game of All Time: Mariokart Wii
Now before you folks start coming at me with rakes, flaming torches and pitchforks, let me explain. Yes, Nintendo has a vast history of making good games, so it was quite tough to pick which first-party title sucked the most. In the end, I came to three choices: Pokémon Battle Revolution, Mariokart Wii, and Duck Hunt. I say Mariokart Wii, since I feel that this game was quickly rushed to the gaming market quicker than Sonic '06 (except Mariokart was complete, so HA), so what we got was generic Gamecube-like graphics, horrid voice acting, and crappy tracks. While we're able to play it on the Gamecube controller as an option, I still feel that Nintendo should've taken more time working on Mariokart Wii, and improve the VA's before its final release. Like I said, I had a very hard time trying to decide which game sucks the most for first party, and I can't say Hotel Mario, since it isn't on a Nintendo console, technically. For the record though, I do love the Mariokart games, but the Wii version, not so much.

How does Voice acting make a difference in a racing game unless you are in a proper racing one e.g. Rallies (Where directions are given to you) and F1 (Where Sector times, car status and pitting is voiced out).

The point I see of MKWii was online, that is the biggest strength of the game, Wii is not really a console that relies on graphics, I mean compared to the 360 and PS3 it really doesn't have a shot. Since the graphics doesn't mess the gameplay at all, I don't see why it is relevant.

Who here has actually played the CD-I games? If you haven't, you don't have any right to bash/praise them and should just shut up.

We however have the right to an opinion on them from reading reviews (NOT SCORES), other impressions, and so on.

Zazie

So 1991
We however have the right to an opinion on them from reading reviews (NOT SCORES), other impressions, and so on.

You do if you want to sound like a conformist sheep. One of the major problems with video game fans today is the complete lack of thinking for oneself. Someone says a game is bad. That must mean it's bad regardless of whether I have played the game or not. It gets incredibly obnoxious when people keep parroting the same opnions over and over again, like it's some kind of profound new insight. It gets even worse when people try to do the opposite for the sole purpose of being edgy.

The only way to really get a good opinion on a game is to play it. Anyone who chooses the right words and emphasizes the right aspects can make any game sound good or bad.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
What are some of the worst games made by Nintendo that you have played?

Here are mine:

Super Mario Bros 2
Mario vs Donkey Kong 2
Pokemon Explorers of Darkness
Kirby Squeak Squad
LOZ II: AOL

What are yours?
That one isn't that bad :p. I like it.

As for the worst Nintendo games that I've played.

I'd put up a vote for Lufia: Ruins of Lore. The saving in that game was horrendous and there were quite a few bugs in it (like game freezing and the like). Complete waste of time and money there on that one.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
PBR, it's not the worst but certainly not good in many ways. The music gets annoying after a while. Some of the graphics weren't updated. It lacked a story mode and mini-games. You needed a DS Pokemon game to beat it entirely. There should of been a more complex Wi-Fi compatibilities. Aside from that, the game gives you nice items and interesting strategies plus the announcer is a step up from Pokemon Stadium (still gets on my nerves though).

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
PBR, it's not the worst but certainly not good in many ways. The music gets annoying after a while. Some of the graphics weren't updated. It lacked a story mode and mini-games. You needed a DS Pokemon game to beat it entirely. There should of been a more complex Wi-Fi compatibilities. Aside from that, the game gives you nice items and interesting strategies plus the announcer is a step up from Pokemon Stadium (still gets on my nerves though).

Yea I heard it wasn't that good. I was going to get a used copy from my local game store for around $28, but their copies weren't in good shape at all. I wouldn't get it new...

Bummer about the story mode though, you'd figure since so many people liked it in the previous games, that they'd put one in there.

Oh well maybe next time...

skawt24

"insert pwn here"
Going by the gameboy advance I would say Mother 3 was awesome

for the worst GBA out there made by nintendo I'm going with mario kart advance.