• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Nintendo Game!

Surfing_Pikachu

Although you have a point, why do you say that it was "just meant" to be a battle game? Most the previous Pokemon titles on home-consoles has had loads of content and variety. So wouldn't it be logical to expect the same with PBR? Colosseum and XD had a deep and lengthy single player mode. Stadium 2 had minigames. All PBR had was the shallow single player mode of Stadium 2... only it didn't even have minigames. It felt half-baked to me.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to start a debate, rather I'm just asking your opinion on these points.

BCVM22

Although you have a point, why do you say that it was "just meant" to be a battle game?

Because... it was? At no point in what we saw of its development was it ever presented as anything but what it is. It's not as if the game was conceived and presented as one thing but finalized and released as another. That's what I mean.

Most the previous Pokemon titles on home-consoles has had loads of content and variety. So wouldn't it be logical to expect the same with PBR?

Both of which are subjective. PBR contained any number of individual colosseums and what have you in which to battle, gave you the abilities to customize your in-game trainer and battle online and it continued the tradition of giving you rare Pokémon and items that can be transferred back to your DS title as rewards for achievements within the game. Couldn't you call all of that "content and variety"?

Chris

Old Coot
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood: Sonic wrote a check that those Canadian doctors refused to cash! (Why did GI gave that game an 8.5)
Sonic belongs to Sega, not Nintendo.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Simply because 90% of the criticisms leveled against it on this board seem to be complaints about what the game was not or doesn't have, which is a poor way to judge anything, much less a video game. You've read most of them, I'm sure.

"It didn't have minigames!"
"It wasn't what I was expecting!"
"It let me down!"

I would extend the same defense to anything criticized in such a matter. Judge something on its own merits and based on what it does have. You're not the first to ask, though:

http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9965036&postcount=8
http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9965220&postcount=10

Most of my criticisms went towards how half-baked it felt, not necessarily with content or the lack thereof, but with the easiness.

Not all easy games are bad, but IIRC many of the same Pokemon would show up in the same round. Take the Gate Colosseum for example.l 8 Pokemon appear more than once in the first round, and it's about the same for Main Street too.

On top of that, most of their movesets stink. I know because of the Roulette and Select Colosseums, which are difficult largely in part that in the former, you're pretty much screwed if you don't get any of your own Pokemon (which are more than likely way superior than most of the Pokemon you go up against in the whole game), and all of the Pokemon in the latter suck. The fact that the development team apparently loves Bug and lowerstage Pokemon and almost all of the rosters consists of them doesn't help either of those flaws.

If you think that BR solved it's intended purpose of being a 3D Pokemon battler, that's fine, but that doesn't make it a good game. Not Superman 64 bad, but still a disappointment.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Pokemon, it is a horrible game

Wat.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, the whole series. Terrible writing and "meh" graphics are small complaints compared to his horrible gameplay. It's not strategic at all, litterally all you do is go around, hit A, kill weak enemy, repeat, kill boss which is slightly but barely fun. And I just loooovvveeee how if your partner, who must have the worst AI in the world, dies, you die too. JUST GREAT.

Darkrai0203

Propaniac
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, the whole series. Terrible writing and "meh" graphics are small complaints compared to his horrible gameplay. It's not strategic at all, litterally all you do is go around, hit A, kill weak enemy, repeat, kill boss which is slightly but barely fun. And I just loooovvveeee how if your partner, who must have the worst AI in the world, dies, you die too. JUST GREAT.

This saddens me since one of my favorite DS games is the original Mystery Dungeon, but I get why you don't like it.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
As repetitive as it is, the Mystery Dungeon games probably has the best story out of all the Pokemon games.

Anything made for the american e-reader.
Damn thing, they made cards for like 8 different games, and a few full games.
I guess it's not a game but... it's frustrating me a lot right now.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Anything made for the american e-reader.
Damn thing, they made cards for like 8 different games, and a few full games.
I guess it's not a game but... it's frustrating me a lot right now.

A lot of the cards were only found in Japan. I'd love to try out those extra levels that were in the SMB3 remake for the GBA, but they were e-reader-only and it was hard as hell to find the cards...

R_N

A lot of the cards were only found in Japan. I'd love to try out those extra levels that were in the SMB3 remake for the GBA, but they were e-reader-only and it was hard as hell to find the cards...

I would have liked it if more of the Pokemon E-Card sets made it over here as well. iirc, there were a number of those sets then just the little amount we got over here. I think there were even some for Colosseum & FRLG, too.

Chris

Old Coot
Most of them were useless and added little to nothing, aside from the couple of obtainable Pokemon via Colosseum.

jellsprout

BCVM, what is in your opinion the worst Nintendo game? I don't think you've said that yet.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Super Mario Bros 2 was the worst game of Nintendo. Not compare to the original.

R_N

And then it will just be a single sentence.

As for worst Nintendo game for me, it would have to be Hey You Pikachu.
I just couldn't get into it, it wasn't fun, and I never seemed to be able to do anything.

YoshiPrower04

Mario and Sonic Fan
Dude...

NINTENDO GAMES! Not 2nd or 3rd party games!

Why are you getting that bent out of shape? I put one 3rd party game in there (no one said about it he should've put in the thread...) I just saw the topic and posted there so if anyone is upset that I put a one 3rd party game I'm sorry sheesh...