• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Pokémon Models?

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
well i thought it was one too but every time i go up against kadabra and it faints that happens

anyway golduck also looks weird when he uses moves like water pulse.

TheMagician

Illusion & Deception
Arcanine looks awful. It has a blocky sprite that resembles a horrific dog-like creature.

I thought so myself. Being that its my favorite, I was upset about it. The N64 Arcanine looked great, but Battle Revolution? Man... And its worse when I have my Arcanine use Crunch, since the camera goes in close when it comes to that move, where'd Arcanine's tongue go?

I can name another one that looked kinda weird to me too. Its Raichu. I don't know what to say about it, it just looks weird. Anyone else feel that way?

In general though, in terms of visual quality, the first and second generation Pokemon can't compare to the third and especially the fourth generation.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
yeah raichu's kinda weird too

and in my game (and in probably everyone's game) they added an extra sound with his normal sound. Anyone noticed that

oh and sandslash looks weird too

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Golbat is just, no. I hate its looks when it attacks, I mean since when did they have a massive tounge???

I also don't like how Garchomp runs while attacking, its legs look to widely spread and stiff

;249-d;

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
well for me i like gengar's old look then now. It just looks weird ._."

Firehawk10590

Never lost a randbat
Rampardos' arms have horrible animations.

SelenaluvsDylan22

Goodbye Rebellion
Flygon is a bit unusual

TheMagician

Illusion & Deception
You think so? Jolteon looked pretty normal to me. It doesn't bother me the slightest bit. Though, I suppose I'm a bit opinionated because Jolteon is one of my favorites.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
I disdained Shedinja. Ugh, my pooor eyes. IT was all stiff, and ugly, and barf colors.

According to Shedinja's Dex Entry, 'It is just a hollow shell. It cannot move. It doesn't even breathe.'

And spiritomb looks like paper!

Believe it or not, that's how Spiritomb's form was meant to be visualized. technically, he is just a face on a miasma of ghastly ectoplasm.

i dont like how wailord's tounge moves it looks sort of weird

I bet you haven't seen a real whale tongue before.

Golbat is just, no. I hate its looks when it attacks, I mean since when did they have a massive tounge???
;249-d;

Since Pokemon Stadium 1.

Rampardos' arms have horrible animations.

Don't blame them for looking like real dinosaurs.

Kaisou

Hurlo Thar.
Typhlosion's model isnt 'too' bad, but the flames on his neck that erupt when he is fighting look rediculous. Its like paper mache flames .___. I was dissapointed in that, especially seeing how epic they made rapidash's.

kuroigreen

I agree, Typhlosion's flames look like paper. I also don't like how attack and speed deoxys move their arms. Like they drank too much coffee.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
I would like to note that, in general, the quality of Pokémon models gets marginally better the later they were introduced. Like they made decent models for most of the Sinnoh Pokémon, but pretty much ignored the first and second gens.

For example, in my last battle, I noticed that Electivire and Weavile looked okay, but Slowbro and Ninetales were blocky and unappealing.

Am I the only one that notices this?

I would like to note that, in general, the quality of Pokémon models gets marginally better the later they were introduced. Like they made decent models for most of the Sinnoh Pokémon, but pretty much ignored the first and second gens.

For example, in my last battle, I noticed that Electivire and Weavile looked okay, but Slowbro and Ninetales were blocky and unappealing.

Am I the only one that notices this?

Few yes, few no. I like Ninetales, Slowbro... eh, don't really care about it. However, Kangaskhan and maybe few others I can't think is rather odd and, maybe "blocky". Its fainting animation is... uh... how to put this in words...
It faints too quickly and suddenly, should be like "gah... I'm down... bleh... *falls*", however its like "OHGOD *falls*".

I also wish that Magneton be, yaknow... together. They always been separate from each other and only join in to attack...
Eh?

Short and simple: Yes, I have notices that the newer Pokemon looks all great and stuff, and the older Pokemon looks all blocky.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Crobat's teeth are just so danged ugly... I can't get over it D: Coupled with a zoom-in when it attacks... ew.

Also, Spiritomb is just... ugh. I hate that spinning head when it attacks, and the googly face it makes when being attacked @_@ But it's cool when it faints, going back into the Keystone ^^

Kecleon looks so gross when it faints. It's like a spasm =\

Oh there are so many others, but they definitely take the top spots ^^