• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Pokémon Movie

What Movie do you dislike?

• Mewtwo Strikes Back

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Power of One

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Spell of the Unown

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Pokémon 4Ever

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Pokémon Heroes

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Jirachi Wishmaker

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Destiny Deoxys

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Lucario and the Mystery of Mew!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PsYcOjOhNnY

The Great Stickman!
IMO i think that Either the 3rd one with Entei was pretty dumb or Pokemon Heros was pretty boring...lol i dident like the whole water race scene but it did make up for it with the aerodactly at the end....so maybe the 3rd was my least favorite

Astinus

Destiny Deoxys... They had no Mini-Movie! It was rather confusing to follow, as to why Rayquaza was all territorial and wanted to eat Deoxys. The greates action scene was Ash leaping from box robot to box robot? Eesh. And let's not forget Blaziken leaping around with pom-poms...

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I've seen the first three, and the worst was probably the first one. It had a couple of humerous bits. But the "battle" (if you can call it that) was just dumb.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Celebi: Voice of the Forest was a pretty bad one, in my opinion. The villain was seriously uncreative with an uninspired demeanor, the fights were lackluster and drawn-out, it lacked diversity and tired out the forest theme, and personally, I thought it failed to deliver emotion properly where it tried to, particularly when compared to the demise of Latios in Movie 5. That was the most important let-down for me considering how it tried so hard to be emotional.

Visitor of the Space Fissure was also mediocre, but at least that had a cute girl in it.

All the others are decent or better.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Movie 7. I was hyped beyond belief when I saw the trailers, thinking this would be an epic movie with Rayquaza Vs. Deoxys.

But in the end it turned into some pathetic Richie-clone character who "befriended" a lost Deoxys, and the other Deoxys was only searching for his friend. Oh, and Rayquaza is just there to fire Hyper Beams every 5 minutes until a bunch of block robots take up the last 20 minutes of the movie.

It wasn't terrible per se, as its still enjoyable, but it really fell flat. Can we have ONE movie where "the power of friendship" isn't shoved down our throats? Please?

Last edited:

Mika_Coyote

Forever learning!
I liked pretty much all of the movies(except the 3rd, which I haven't seen yet). But if I had to pick one to place on the bottom of my list it'd be Heroes. I liked it too, don't get me wrong... But something about it was just plain strange... Not to mention 4kids completely messed up the backstory of it all. (Evil trainer? WTFudge??) It made me feel a bit weirded out when it finished, even without that part...

Next would be 4Ever...

Medea

Excalibur
Dub or Japanese, Destiny Deoxys still sucks big time. So that was my vote!

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
First or seventh one. Can't quite make my mind up on which but niether thrilled me. Although the first one has a bit of sentimental value as I was watching it infront of a packed audience at the local cinema with a few friends, seemed great then.

Rainbow★Latias

Better than before!
Mewtwo returns is not there?
For me, its Celebi and the Voice of the Forest.

PDL

disenchanted
Rainbow★Latias said:
Mewtwo returns is not there?
For me, its Celebi and the Voice of the Forest.

Mewtwo returns wasn't a real movie, it was a special.

anyway, I didn't really like Mewtwo strikes back... I'm actually not a huge fan of pokemon movies where the main characters have to save the world from peril or something...

Y

Yggdrasill-sama

Hands down, Destiny Deoxys. Its plot was both boring and highly confusing. Not to mention its animation looked horrible >_>

Kijuna

Movie 5 has a cool TR team to redeem it. No such luck for 4 or 7, but I think 7 was worse overall. The characters didn't even do anything.

Blues

Monkey Dragon
I think Destiny Deoxys and Celebi Voice of the forest were pretty bad. Deoxys trying to find a friend was majorly lame, and Celebi was corny beyond belief. Strangely enough, the Celebi movie had my favorite scene from any of the Pokemon movies (the part where Celebi was ressurected and was flying along the water, just to be captured was priceless).

N

Nanashii

I liked Destiny Deoxys, I don't like Pokemon 2000, IT WAS ON TOO MANY TIMES ON MY SATELITTE! ;_;

Arrow

The Southern Cross
Each of them were pretty good, but I disliked the first one primarily because of the whole "tears" section. It seemed to be pulled out of the blue and was simply an excuse to keep the series going.

Contrast that to The Power of One where Ash's name was cleverly mentioned right from the start in the legend. That I particularly thought was quite well done.