• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst pokemon of generation iv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenosparadox

Happiny<3
Krickatune, It didn't have any of the little fighting prowess the other starting bug pokemon had. Thank god Wurmple was in the game. <3

Kalosian

So long
Kricketot and Combee are probably the weakest and worst Pokemon introduced in this generation as they learn very few moves before evolving, and have quite terrible stats even for unevolved Pokemon.

Mister Zero

End Religious Hoopla
I really and truly liked generation 4, and most of the Pokemon it gave us. The legendaries, especially, were beautifully designed and given great backstories.

The biggest problem in my mind was Phione. It was a weak pokemon that really served no purpose other than to muddy the waters of what exactly constitutes "legendary" and in a way dragged Manaphy down with it.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
I'd say, that finneon and Lumineon along with Kriketot and tune are probably the worst ones. They just don't really do anything and they're easy to overlook. Mothim Burmy and Wormadam were pretty bad too

FairGamer9215

Besides all of the pokemon already mentioned, I'm going to say Chatot. I just wasn't a fan. It was this gen's Farfetch'd. That whole "Chatter" ability where you could record your voice to make it say something was completely useless. No matter what you said, it came out all garbled. But I'm sure it was just to keep it from saying "** you!" or something.

Larry

It's already been posted but I agree with Male Combee. There's no point in training one.

Geekachu

Third gen.

I think that the fourth gen suffered from a lot of Pokemon, whilst nice in design, who were under-represented due to the overuse of Pokemon as such as Lucario, Garchomp and Munchlax. Mainly, the Cherubi, Burmy and Finneon lines grew to the point of irrelevance because they were so insignificant in both the games and the anime.

However, these are still enjoyable Pokemon. My vote personally goes to Arceus who, alike how ((JAWS)) says, is probably the cheapest Pokemon ever. In a way, a 'God' Pokemon is both a silly concept and something which almost makes the specialness of 'the ancestor of all Pokemon' (Mew) almost irrelevant. A lot of people argue anyway that the third and subsequent generations ruined the legendaries, but out of all of them, I've never liked Arceus.

Kricketot and Combee are probably the weakest and worst Pokemon introduced in this generation as they learn very few moves before evolving, and have quite terrible stats even for unevolved Pokemon.

To add on, male Combee is probably the most worthless, unless you have a need for Honey Gather.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
The Kricktune and Wormaddam lines for me were the most boring. I never really liked them in terms of design, they're rather weak as well and not Pokemon I plan to ever use.

I suppose I could add the Lumineon line to that too. Bidoof though at least (as well as its evolution) makes for a great HM slave.

The_Black_Mamba

Lumineon... His evolution was useful, but on his own he's almost a magicarp -_-

Ninja Dog

Banned
male Combee, I reckon 6th gen should introduce an evolution for him.

I agree with what a lot of people said about Kricktot/tune line being bad as well.

Jhovan:)

Silver-Soul
Combees are actually kinda cute x)
Many say they don't like Kricketune.. who can blame them that thing is uugly
Also Probopass.. look at that thing >>

55afrothunder

Her shoes Christian
landorus and the other genies are the worst seriously a genie pokemon bleh

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
male combee,bidoof and purugly.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
In the 4th generation i felt there were amazing designs, but they kinda rushed the moves they used

Combee should have had a powerful male evolution. it had to be said

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I thought Budew was pointless. Everytime I wanted Budew to evolve at Lv 19 so Roselia could learn Magical Leaf, and it would never evolve until Hearthome (and by then, he already missed Leech Seed and Magical Leaf) so I've never used Roserade. Erggg.....

Status
Not open for further replies.