• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Worst Video Game Titles

Anzua2

A thread for the worst video game titles you've ever heard.

My vote goes to the english name for Gyakuten Saiban 4:

Apollo Justice: Ace Attourney

Seriously, WTF?

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE

WTF: WORK TIME FUN (PSP)

Hilarious title, but I don't think it'll convince anyone to actually buy the game. xD

Wild Woody (Sega CD)

I can't believe I actually remember a game about a pencil. I'm a sad person.

That's all I can think of right now. ^^;

Anzua2

Yes, it is an awesome name.

However, it makes for a sh*tty title.

It is far better than calling him Joe.
I thought Capcom would really do that for a while.

Anzua2

Crappy as in corny.

Subtle?
Yes.

Masters?
No.

Chris

Old Coot
A thread for the worst video game titles you've ever heard.

My vote goes to the english name for Gyakuten Saiban 4:

Apollo Justice: Ace Attourney

Seriously, WTF?
Apollo Justice is merely trademarked. Nothing's been said officially by Capcom.

Either way, if it does turn out to be the fourth title, who cares? Phoenix's name stems from the birds that are said to rise back up, where Phoenix himself manages to turn a nearly screwed situation into his favor. If the main character of the fourth game is named Apollo, then it's likely it stems from the Greek god of the same name who happens to also be a God of truth. The character in the game can spot lies through body language.

PkmnTrainerJ

Disney's Action Game Featuring Hercules wins it for me.

Anzua2

Apollo Justice is merely trademarked. Nothing's been said officially by Capcom.

Either way, if it does turn out to be the fourth title, who cares? Phoenix's name stems from the birds that are said to rise back up, where Phoenix himself manages to turn a nearly screwed situation into his favor. If the main character of the fourth game is named Apollo, then it's likely it stems from the Greek god of the same name who happens to also be a God of truth. The character in the game can spot lies through body language.

I get it, but it's still corny as hell.
Not even Phoenix Wright is that corny.

It may not be the worst title ever, but it sure doesn't win an Oscar.

Chris

Old Coot
I get it, but it's still corny as hell.
Not even Phoenix Wright is that corny.
Phoenix Wright
Dick Gumshoe
Larry "Harry" Buttz
Winston Payne
Frank Sahwit
April May
Redd White
Will Powers
Jack Hammer
Cody Hackins
Penny Nichols
Wendy Oldbag
Sal Manella
Dee Vasquez
Lotta Hart
Jake Marshall
Angel Starr

And that's just from the FIRST game. You were saying something about the names not being corny? Cause I could even bring up the Japanese names, which are chock full of puns.

The fact is, you're a whiner and the name fits with the series.

Awesome-O

worst game my bet is on most disney games obviously chiken little, finding nemo, the robinsons, and pretty much anything else also any game based on a nickelodeon show i saw drake and josh zoey 101 and many more games based of show that i couldnt stand also aqua man biggest pile of dump on gaming in the world the ENTIRE game is swimming and fighting it makes no since and the ONLY detailed animation is in his shining golden mullet that usually phases through his chest when he stops moving oh and happy feet i cant stand happy feet for the wii the only reason i have it is because i ordered my wii online in a kid's bundle the only one they had...but im not gonna pass up a wii just because it comes with happy feet and super monkey ball not that theres anything wrong with super monkey ball but i've never been a big fan of the series

Chris

Old Coot
Awesome-O, it's worst game TITLES. Not worst games.

bluwirz

An Ode to the Fallen
...hmm...the worst title I ever heard would have to be either

Stupid Invaders (Dreamcast)
Boogerman (Genesis)
Kitty on Your Lap (PlayStation)
Fun 'N Games (3DO)

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
Apollo Justice? Seriously? That's a ****ing awesome name. Honestly, if I met somebody named Apollo Justice I'd give em an Ultra high-five of awesome for having the most kickass name I've ever heard. Seriously, if I ever have a kid that's what I'm naming them, regardless of gender.

On-topic, I'd say Castlevania. It's one of my favorite series, yeah, but the title sucks. Then again, Demon Castle Dracula isn't a much better alternative.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
1. Gears Of War
2. Bubsy
3. Ninja Warriors AGAIN!