• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would Ash be a master if he relived his whole journey?

Would Ash re-challenging Gyms and Leagues be such a bad thing?

• Yes, he should re-challenge some Gym Leaders!

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • No, he shouldn't!

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Yes, but it'll never happen, why bother J-boogie?

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • No, Ash is not all that great to do so.

• Gym Battles Bore Me

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't know or care

• Total voters

J-boogie200

Suppose the writers need new ways for Pokemon to continue.

If I remember correctly, Ash had promised nearly every Gym Leader he faced for a rematch.

Although he has yet to do this with the most of them(cause Watson was a huge disappointment), it is not impossible.

It is a great way to not only make Ash stronger, but to also give all his Pokemon decent screentime, and make up for any of their flaws.

It could give Pokemon more popularity and definitely make the fans happy.

However, there's one word that is standing in the way:

Promotion!

If the writer's re-realeased their old games, we may get somewhere, but other than that, it may never happen.

However, Ash challenging gyms that he already faced and entering the Leagues he lost definitely shows his determination and drive, and with this The Term Gotta Catch Em All will no longer seem irrelevant.

So what'd ya think?

If not this, he should at least face every Elite Four Member once of each region.

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

Yes I think Ash should do that. I think he'd be better off facing the elite 4 though. Taking the Champion's title + doing all the things he did like helping out ppl and entering tournaments would make him be a master.

J-boogie200

Yes I think Ash should do that. I think he'd be better off facing the elite 4 though. Taking the Champion's title + doing all the things he did like helping out ppl and entering tournaments would make him be a master.

I know right, I totally think that Ash deserves that much at least.

Ash has had one long journey.

I also want to see how far the Gym Leaders have come.

I'd like him to face Misty last. Pokeshipping rules and best for last, duh! haha

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I think it would be cool if Ash challenged some of the more memorable Gym Leaders, such as Surge, Claire, Blaine, etc. It be boring to watch him battle all the Gym Leaders again just for the sake of battling them, because a few of them just weren't that interesting.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Sounds like a good idea, but it probably wouldn't hold through. He wouldn't receive anything other than the satisfaction of knowing that he is still better than them upon defeating them. He already has their badges, which was all he needed in the first place.

If you think about it, he already had this opportunity before. He could have re-challenged the Kanto Gym leaders in the Battle Frontier Arc, but he didn't. There was no incentive, unlike the Regional Challenges which require you to collect 8 badges of the region.

Not to hate on Misty, but I think Blaine or Koga would provide a better rematch for Ash than her. In all of Kanto, they seemed to be his toughest opponents despite all of the pity badges. That, and I consider myself more of a Pearlshipping, but to a small extent.

Misty still would be a fun challenge. She seems to have gotten stronger Pokemon since the last time Ash showed her as did he. Ash would certainly mop the floor with her.

DarthVader

What might work better would be if Ash meets one or two of the former gym leaders on the road or another place outside their gym, and they have a field match there. That way it may not take up multiple episodes or anything, if you know what I mean.

J-boogie200

Sounds like a good idea, but it probably wouldn't hold through. He wouldn't receive anything other than the satisfaction of knowing that he is still better than them upon defeating them. He already has their badges, which was all he needed in the first place.

If you think about it, he already had this opportunity before. He could have re-challenged the Kanto Gym leaders in the Battle Frontier Arc, but he didn't. There was no incentive, unlike the Regional Challenges which require you to collect 8 badges of the region.

Not to hate on Misty, but I think Blaine or Koga would provide a better rematch for Ash than her. In all of Kanto, they seemed to be his toughest opponents despite all of the pity badges. That, and I consider myself more of a Pearlshipping, but to a small extent.

Misty still would be a fun challenge. She seems to have gotten stronger Pokemon since the last time Ash showed her as did he. Ash would certainly mop the floor with her.

Now I don't know about mop the floor with her, lol. I think Misty actually deserves Elite Four status, if May and Dawn get their Ribbon Cups, why can't Misty achieve her title as master!

IMO, Misty had always been the better trainer out of her and Ash anyway.

I enjoyed their last Gym Battle more than Blaine's and Koga's, there was too much hype around them. I love Water Pokemon though, that's why I'm biased towards Cerulean Gym.

Misty,Claire, Flannery, Giovanna(him in person), Pryce, Whitney, Erika, Jasmine, Juan, and even Brock maybe? They would all be awesome rematches, not one on one, at least 3 on 3, or double.

They do have rematches in the games after all.

Chimchartrainer07

Well even though he doesn't have to rechallenge the gyms and regain all the badges to go back to any of the previous leagues, I wouldn't mind him facing a few of the GLs, especially the Kanto ones. Most of his Kanto badges weren't really earned by him, the gym leaders just gave them to him for being a good person, of course the exceptions being Surge, Koga, and Blaine.

Ash gave up during his second battle with Brock because the sprinklers went off. TR interrupted the battle with Misty. Surge was by far IMO one of the best battles of Kanto. Erika had her gym nearly burn down and Ash and Co. helped put the flames out. Sabrina lost because Haunter was distracting her and therefore Kadabra couldn't battle. Giovanni was having problems with Mewtwo and so he had Jessie and James take over temporarily, and lets face it that one stunk. Agatha's battle was better than that mess.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Maybe we could see the Battleground in Sinnoh. The region by far has given us some of Ash's best Gym battles. The rest were either pity badges, or just meh.

Wouldn't go as far as Elite 4 status with Misty. The only reason she beat Ash was due to Psyduck's usual DEM wins. In every battle they have had, Ash was either on the verge of winning, or he ended up winning. Never did consider Misty to be better than him.

Sure she had more knowledge of the Pokemon world than him, but she was by no means a better trainer. But then again, Ash did sometimes have plot power on his side but so did she.

J-boogie200

Maybe we could see the Battleground in Sinnoh. The region by far has given us some of Ash's best Gym battles. The rest were either pity badges, or just meh.

Wouldn't go as far as Elite 4 status with Misty. The only reason she beat Ash was due to Psyduck's usual DEM wins. In every battle they have had, Ash was either on the verge of winning, or he ended up winning. Never did consider Misty to be better than him.

Sure she had more knowledge of the Pokemon world than him, but she was by no means a better trainer. But then again, Ash did sometimes have plot power on his side but so did she.

Lol, IDK bout all that, but I will say this, I respected Misty more than Ash back in the day, because if she was #1 in the show like Ash is now, she probably would've beaten the Kanto Gym Leaders the right way, and also caught the starters through battle.

It is nice to see some captures through friendship.

Kanto Gyms need the most redemption, IMO.

Brock and Misty should be saved for last, they were his first last time, but like others, those badges weren't 100% deserved.

ijea4444

I only want Ash to rechallenge gym leadres in accordance to new character desgins, Like rebattling Johto/Kanto Gym leaders in their new HGSS outfits.

kingkoopa1080

I mean the idea of going back to sabrinas gym and seeing the little girl grown up and the haunter he left there as a gengar, definitely hits my nostalgia meter...but i doubt its going to happen. There is just no incentive to do so.

J-boogie200

I'd like to see how Ash would do against Maylene with his new team now.

Also, Erika and Ash battling would be nice, I loved Erika! Even in the games, to not get a full battle was a let down.

thunderblade12

Honestly I wish they'd just make a spin off series aimed at older audiences starting back at the Kanto region. Sense they wouldn't need to pace themselves with the games, filler episodes would be unnecessary. That time could be better spent on things people actually wanna see.

Handle the character's parties, the characters, and the evil Teams better among other things. This doesn't necessarily mean evolve everything but most things at least.

Eevee7ways

Sonica Boooom!
Ash had his chance, it is time for another person to shine..... like brock.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Man, I've always loved the prospect of revisiting the old Kanto Gym Leaders with a new twist. Even something as silly as a Gym Leader tournament wherein Ash faces off against his previous foes and, provided they remember him, battles them in new and slightly different ways. With different Pokemon, of course.

But, as deathseer pointed out, they had the perfect opportunity to do this already back during the Battle Frontier when Ash was traversing Kanto. Seemingly rather wacky at the time to challenge the BF in Kanto spread out across the land, it was clear that they wanted to focus on the new stuff and reintroduce Kanto in a new light.

Can't say the Elite 4 is a bad idea.

If there's any region where meeting up with all the Gym Leaders again has the highest chance of occuring, it's Sinnoh. Each one seemed to have a closer relationship with the gang. We've had examples in the past, such as with Jasmine, Morty, Brawly, Wattson, and whoever else you may or may not want to add, but the sheer number of leaders with that relationship is bigger than in previous regions. Or at least I'd like to think so.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I too like the idea of Ash having rematches with previous region gym leaders especially the Kanto ones since none of those gym matches were real matches (except for the 3rd, 6th & 7th gym which were a bit good battles compared to the others but still not so good).
Maybe the concept of "Battleground" from Platinum could be used for this in some way.

NES

Flip me to the side!
Not sure about Gym Leaders, but i would like him to try again some leagues, Indigo league mostly. He already has the badges! In this league with his gained experience i believe he can get a better place than before, after all it is his home league.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think that Ash should do it, but only after he will win a league / will end his journey. especially in Kanto, because there the gym battles were "not professional", in Johto it was fine, and in Hoenn as well. he should do the Indigo league again.

Squaaah

Yeah, He really should go back to Kanto and rechallenge the gyms he didn't properly win IMO. I dont think the other regions gyms would be worth it, but I do think challenging all the Elite Fours would be good.

But as people have already said, they missed a damn good chance to have Ash fight the Kanto leaders again. The only way I can see it happening now is if in the HG/SS promoting they involve the gym rematches in the fighting Dojo or something.