• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would Ash really lose the Kalos League?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I don't think they changed their mind, made a 180 and let Ash lose against Alain. That was already planned in early XY imo as SM games were in the works by that time. Now if you ask me could Ash have won or did he deserve to win the Kalos league? My answer is a solid yes.

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
I'm honestly just disappointed that, outside the false hype making me believe Ash did win it in Kalos, there's the sour note that he didn't win ONE battle against Alain. Not one, and I thought he would get his one win against him in the league, but he didn't, so it just feels kinda... idk, poinless? Idk what word I wanna use. Fruitless? Why make him lose so many times to the guy (Which helps contribute to having what is essentially a fricking breakdown at that alongside losing against Sawyer and the whole power struggle thing), having his rivals surpass him, and then when it seems he MIGHT FINALLY get at least one against Alain, the writers don't let that happen? It just... it screams bad writing to me imo.

Kalos practically whittled Ash to nothing by that point near and during the Ice Gym arc and yet despite all the build up and hype they threw out making us think "Oh my god he might actually get a WIN in Alain and in the LEAGUE nonetheless!" he STILL didn't get to beat Alain not ONCE during the entire guy's debut...
Idk, no mater how good the battle itself was, the outcome of it is what really soured it for me. And although I have MAJOR issues with the Alolan League, I am happy it managed to rectify the pass losses, but I still feel like we were robbed in terms of Kalos's league

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm honestly just disappointed that, outside the false hype making me believe Ash did win it in Kalos, there's the sour note that he didn't win ONE battle against Alain. Not one, and I thought he would get his one win against him in the league, but he didn't, so it just feels kinda... idk, poinless? Idk what word I wanna use. Fruitless? Why make him lose so many times to the guy (Which helps contribute to having what is essentially a fricking breakdown at that alongside losing against Sawyer and the whole power struggle thing), having his rivals surpass him, and then when it seems he MIGHT FINALLY get at least one against Alain, the writers don't let that happen? It just... it screams bad writing to me imo.

Kalos practically whittled Ash to nothing by that point near and during the Ice Gym arc and yet despite all the build up and hype they threw out making us think "Oh my god he might actually get a WIN in Alain and in the LEAGUE nonetheless!" he STILL didn't get to beat Alain not ONCE during the entire guy's debut...
Idk, no mater how good the battle itself was, the outcome of it is what really soured it for me. And although I have MAJOR issues with the Alolan League, I am happy it managed to rectify the pass losses, but I still feel like we were robbed in terms of Kalos's league
Kalos taught that us that, no matter how hyped you are, what exclusive power you get, who pines for your love...
MEGA CHARIZARD X YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Kalos taught that us that, no matter how hyped you are, what exclusive power you get, who pines for your love...
MEGA CHARIZARD X YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
B O R A S T O B A A A A A A A A A N

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I wanted Alain to win (mainly because I'd rather Ash win a league with more continuity than XY) but even then what's the point of even skipping matches if you're going end up with the main character losing? It's like you wanted to get to the meltdowns quicker!

BabaVanga

I'm honestly just disappointed that, outside the false hype making me believe Ash did win it in Kalos, there's the sour note that he didn't win ONE battle against Alain.
That's why I prefer league rivals tbh, they only battle Ash once so there's no pressure Ash has to win at least one battle against them. With his early introduction, Alain could've been the best league rival if he didn't battle Ash prior to the tournament.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Honestly if we’re discussing being salty over characters not beating their rivals I think Dawn and Zoey stings more since Zoey was there from the beginning and they were implying quite a lot that she’d beat Zoey in the finals. Zoey started out ahead of her, continued to be ahead of her and stayed ahead of her. She was a good friend and person but terrible rival in a sense. If Alain and Ash had more interactions I’d probably be just as upset but they had like three (two?) battles

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Honestly if we’re discussing being salty over characters not beating their rivals I think Dawn and Zoey stings more since Zoey was there from the beginning and they were implying quite a lot that she’d beat Zoey in the finals. Zoey started out ahead of her, continued to be ahead of her and stayed ahead of her. She was a good friend and person but terrible rival in a sense. If Alain and Ash had more interactions I’d probably be just as upset but they had like three (two?) battles
Dawn beat Zoey at the Wallace Cup, so that opened the interpretations a bit.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:

I never thought much of Nozomi as a character, so while it irked me a bit that Hikari never defeated her, I sort of made peace with it. I also made peace with Alain beating Satoshi at the Kalos League, but that situation was different for me since I never really expected Satoshi to defeat him, anyway.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Alain and Zoey beat our heroes and it's up to us to just deal with it!

About Blast Burn - since people like to joke about that - I've been playing Pokémon Masters and Red's X-zard (who knows the move) is absolutely OP. While I used to struggle with reaching 1000 damage, Charizard does like 2-3k with barely any boosts.

Alain's is probably from the same breed :p

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
As an achiever, however? Nope. Red is a hell of a lot better than Ash there. Dude got rid of TR quickly. Ash can't even get rid of three of them. Ha ha.

I dunno. In the anime-verse, Ash did everything in the anime within less than a year. And a year younger than Red, mind you.

And really, Red didn't really got rid of Team Rocket since Giovanni came back... again and again. He's even got a Team Rainbow Rocket and a Mewtwo. So has Red actually made the world better or worse?