• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would Ash really lose the Kalos League?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
As an achiever, however? Nope. Red is a hell of a lot better than Ash there. Dude got rid of TR quickly. Ash can't even get rid of three of them. Ha ha.

Ash helped getting rid of Team Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma and Flare.

Also, it's worth pointing out Red becomes a punching bag as soon as he starts being a NPC (basically, we can go to Mt. Silver and consistently beat him)

Anyway, that's kind of a weird competition since Red and Ash are counterparts. On XY, Yajima went on record to say Ash's clothes were based on Red. There's even concept art of XY Ash with the same pose as FRLG Red

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I dunno. In the anime-verse, Ash did everything in the anime within less than a year. And a year younger than Red, mind you.

If Generations is any indication, the badge quest is much harder than what's depicted in the anime as Agatha comments that it has been a long time since the last challenger gathered the badges.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Starters aren't quite unbeatable/OP unless your name is either Charizard and, ironically, Greninja.

If it was those broken OP mons like Garchomp, Mega Kangaskhan and their peers, then it'd another story.

Red and Blue

If only Pikachu inflicted more damage on Charizard before going down. Especially if he ended up paralyzing it

Leonhart

Imagineer
U.N. Owen said:
If Generations is any indication, the badge quest is much harder than what's depicted in the anime as Agatha comments that it has been a long time since the last challenger gathered the badges.

That's a whole separate series, so I wouldn't use any of the information revealed there and apply it to the main series. Judging by how many competitors we've seen at the various Pokemon Leagues in the main series, collecting eight Gym badges doesn't seem to be that difficult.

cam24t

Master
I just watched the match last night and chuckled when Alain was screaming he couldn't lose anymore. lol chump you been curb stomping people all over the place and finally Ash threatens to put an end to it and suddenly his ego grows by 1000. terrible attitude. I really wish Ash would have flattened him then and there.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I dunno. In the anime-verse, Ash did everything in the anime within less than a year. And a year younger than Red, mind you.

And really, Red didn't really got rid of Team Rocket since Giovanni came back... again and again. He's even got a Team Rainbow Rocket and a Mewtwo. So has Red actually made the world better or worse?

And Red immediately lost his champion title AND got stomped by Gold a year later followed by Nate and Sun kicking his ass as well. Red's a bigger chump than Ash ever will be

Leonhart

Imagineer
cam24t said:
I just watched the match last night and chuckled when Alain was screaming he couldn't lose anymore. lol chump you been curb stomping people all over the place and finally Ash threatens to put an end to it and suddenly his ego grows by 1000. terrible attitude. I really wish Ash would have flattened him then and there.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that his desire to win was renewed after his interactions with Manon prior to the battle. I always figured and she was one of the reasons why he was so passionate during the Kalos League, as she was basically his only friend and one of his main driving forces.

Epicocity

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that his desire to win was renewed after his interactions with Manon prior to the battle. I always figured and she was one of the reasons why he was so passionate during the Kalos League, as she was basically his only friend and one of his main driving forces.
It's kinda twofold. Mairin is definitely a reason that pushed him forward, but it was also his plain obsession with strength, which you can see after the battle is over that he still wants to fight more Mega Evolutions (read: collect energy, but the actual intent is obvious) and he never has an answer for what he plans to do after it's done because all he can think about is getting stronger, meaning it will never be done.

Rather, Alain is the strongest trainer in the League, but Ash is the better one, since he actively pulls people up, while all of Alain's strength meant nothing.

But yeah, it's both Mairin and his obsession that are his driving forces. They're a see-saw for him.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, seems like even Alain end up monologuing about how he can't beat Ash.

In the end, he won solely on brute strenght. Ash's victory end up being a moral one.

Fitting considering Yajima's fondness for metaphors and symbolism.

"Friend"? Riiiight :p

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Yeah that's what i thought as well, simply say alan's desire to win for manon was greater than ash's desire to win the league even though this was his 6th league. I wont lie after this loss i thought it was fixed he was never gonna win any league simply because of this silly reason, i was sceptical of ash winning alola league as well simply because gladion also have same desire (to win for his fathers sake as well to unite his family) but a miracle happened.

Jeal

I just think it's strange that they acted as if in Kalos he was finally going to win, if he was going to lose like every other time. Do you guys think they planned him to win in XY, but had to postpone for SM?

If he had won in XY, would the next season be Pocket Monsters like now?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I just think it's strange that they acted as if in Kalos he was finally going to win, if he was going to lose like every other time. Do you guys think they planned him to win in XY, but had to postpone for SM?

Doubt it. Pokemon Go was in its (rocky) infancy during SM and Pokemon Masters didn't exist until the last third. When those two got more exposure (and Masters used OLM for the opening movie), Pokemon GT was born.

Cradily19

He might have originally been intended to win (the Flare arc would have played out pretty much exactly the same whether Ash won or lost), and the only scene they'd have to change is that awkward shot of Alan holding the trophy with Ash instead. But obviously before the eps were animated they changed their mind.

Maybe some of the higher ups told Yajima Ash couldn't win. Then after the huge backlash they received worldwide (remember the anime staff is on social media on twitter), it obviously convinced them Ash winning won't be the end of the anime, hence the SM league and now the current saga.

Red and Blue

If Ash won in Kalos I think they might of had him still do the WC but maybe omitted the Go aspect and given him a different companion.

Or possibly replaced him with a new lead for Alola