• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would Blaziken work as a Sub-Puncher?

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Well, I wanted Blaziken to be in my team, but I couldn't see how he'd fit it. So I came up with this idea:

Could I make him a SubPuncher?

What are your views on this?

Do you think it would work, if so, would it be any good?

I don't think it's a good idea personally. I rather use Blaziken as a physical sweeper or Reversaler.

nubinator

Banned
Yeah Blazikens can be used as Sub-Punchers.... Although Im not very fond of Sub-Punching :s

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
blaziken doesn't have the defenses to substitute, the sub would be KOed in one hit. and it's too fast to get the sub up under something, so it's completely useless.

the only way sub is good on blaziken is as part of a reversal set, but you can just use endure in that case, there are better pokes to use the Sub tutor on.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
-_- thats the idea of a subpuncher, it needs to be slower that its opponent...

Unless u mean, that be4 it subs for the 1st time it will take too much damage.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
i c...

im assuming the prob might be so much damage would be dealt that it would not be able to make a substitute, and that even if it could, it wouldnt be able to do another one?

Scepgatr

If SubPuncher was a successful moveset for it, then you would have seen it being used by other people. Blaziken is weak to moves that are commonly used by sweepers. They are generally faster than Blaziken and due to Blaziken's defenses sweepers can hit him hard. Its best to go with other movesets. You can have SubPuncher, however only if you have good prediction skills. Put up a Substitute when the foe is not going to use a damaging move. Its hard to predict against the AI, so use other movesets.

BAM

Not the finger!!!
It is best as a sweeper. SubPunching just doesnt work for it.

EDIT: New Rank! YAY!

Thunda Night

Manaphy Egg owner
The only chance you'd have of keeping a sub up is if they switched first turn.
But if they did that, you'd be able to focus punch them on the hit and use the element of surprise.