• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would this combo work?

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Here's the combo -

Raichu -
Toxic
Substitute
Wish
---

Or for something better -

Umbreon -
Toxic
Substitute
Wish
Taunt/Protect

U use toxic, then u use wish then substitute and repeat for the poison to slowly sap the foe's exp.

Does this work?

Also, if it does work, tell me what u think of it.

Just wondering because im no expert on wish and have never used it before.

Last edited:

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
It would work, but don't use Raichu. Umbreon is WAAAAAYYY better at utilising that moveset. WAAAAYYYY better.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
lol, didnt see umbreon, i was just scouring the atkdex for a pokemon with good speed that could use all three moves.

EDIT: I dont reckon umbreon is fast enough though.... the good thing about umbreon tho is it would have massive subs, but u dont need them because u only need to not die for one turn...

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
You don't need speed for this set...raichu can get taken down in one or two hits but with EQ if the opponent is faster than you (Ie: Groudon) Umbreon has almost no flaws, except focus punch, it has better subs, and will simply survive longer than raichu will.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Yea, but u need speed to pull off the sub before they atk, and u just wouldnt send it out against a groudon or switch it when a groudon is sent out. But i get where ur coming from.

You could use either, depends on how u play the combo and how you like to play it...

EDIT: Lol, enough of this, because the thread is going off topic xP.

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
Also, a umbreon or gengar would totally screw up that moveset (magneton could as well), but Umbreon has access to other moves like taunt.

It's okay if you want to use it, but Umbreon still works better with the moveset.

Someone elses view on the moveset maybe now?

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Lol, yes we've had enough of u, jk xP

But wat happends if someone would use taunt on it and it doesnt have any atk moves? Or is toxic classified as an attack move?

Mew3

Kill `em!
No, it's not. I think you should still use Umbreon, but if you want Raichu so much, use T-bolt in the 4th slot.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
Lol, i dont really mind which i would use, its just that ive already got an umbreon using an atk move then protect + wish combo.

Also, so does taunt not do anything if theres not attacking moves of the opponent?

Mew3

Kill `em!
It does. It screws up the whole Pokemon and forces it to switch, as a Taunted Pokemon with no attacking moves can't do ANYTHING.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
I see, thats nice to know actually...

At least it doesn't render it harmless, just a sitting duck waiting to be killed....

Alzi

Toon link
It would work but thats not the best combo for a raichu if you do use that combo make sure you have protect in there so you protect while the poisen works it's way through and you gain hp with leftovers and wish.

Conquistador

Vive la Revolution!
ENOUGH WITH THE RAICHU ISSUE! I GET IT!!! -_-
lol

Anyway, i reckon stalling does work, especially with somthing like Umbreon with its high defenses

crudent

rofl, even the sub+toxic combo is simply LOL. You're better off using toxic+protect (it sucks less), and that's saying something.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
I just made the thread to see if the combo worked or not, my umbreons real moveset is protect instead of sub... xP

toxistalling umbreon is a fairly common set.... Umbreon is one of very few that can actually do it though. Taunt, if you didn't switch, would cause umbreon to struggle, hurting itself, and also the opponent but not by much.
umbreon's low speed also works to a bit of an advantage with the wish part because you can use wish, have the opponent hit you first, and if it was enough to faint it, the wish can be passed to the next pokemon... works better and not quite as sacraficial with baton pass.