• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you be okay with never seeing previous companions again?

brtnvm

Giselle best girl
Heck no.
I'd love to see Brock, Kiawe, Cilan, May, Dawn, etc have been up to since we've last seen them. Spending an episode with an old character easily tops Ash meeting/helping some COTD/POTD

Like if Ash went to Pewter or Cerulean City and made no effort to visit Brock or Misty.... I'd be steaming mad!
And many fans are quite upset over the neglect Tracey's been given, not even a freaking cameo at Oak's lab! Tracey deserves better

Now Max and Bonnie? Yeah, they can stay gone. Not like they're going to change any when Ash is still 10, if they actually aged everyone up a few years then I'd change my stance on these two

So you'd be ok with Max and Bonnie if they were 10 yr old trainers?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew2 said:
I agree, especially since Ash has finally won a game League. I'd like to see characters like May, Dawn, and Serena win the finals of their respective goals, or heck, just make it Contests for all three of them since they're currently all doing them anyway.

A Contest [or better yet, a Grand Festival] where Haruka, Hikari, and Serena would all compete against each other sounds interesting, although I wouldn't know who to root for since I like all three characters.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
A Contest [or better yet, a Grand Festival] where Haruka, Hikari, and Serena would all compete against each other sounds interesting, although I wouldn't know who to root for since I like all three characters.
Serena's first battle in the battle round will probably get interrupted or she loses it since she's not allowed to win one on one battles alone.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Now Max and Bonnie? Yeah, they can stay gone. Not like they're going to change any when Ash is still 10, if they actually aged everyone up a few years then I'd change my stance on these two

I've seen people claim that Max and Bonnie might come back with Pokemon of their own and I just laugh because we know damn well that they won't age offscreen so there's like zero chance that they'd become trainers.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I've seen people claim that Max and Bonnie might come back with Pokemon of their own and I just laugh because we know damn well that they won't age offscreen so there's like zero chance that they'd become trainers.

While I don't think that either of them will ever become trainers either, I still don't think that them returning would be bad thing. In fact I was surprised that Masato didn't return with Haruka back in DP considering that they were pretty much inseparable in AG.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So you'd be ok with Max and Bonnie if they were 10 yr old trainers?

Well yeah, what's the point of them returning otherwise? They'd literally be the exact same!

Every other character can have team changes or actual progression, those two are permanently stuck in the state they're in until Ash is 12/13

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
Well yeah, what's the point of them returning otherwise? They'd literally be the exact same!

Every other character can have team changes or actual progression, those two are permanently stuck in the state they're in until Ash is 12/13

While I understand your point about them not making any real progress since they'd have no Pokemon, I think that a lot of the people who liked Masato and Eureka would simply be happy to see them again regardless of their lack of progress since Masato and Eureka were still beloved cast members even with their flaws.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Idk how people can say that liked Bonnie but Dawn’s Piplup made them hate the entire species when if you think about it Piplup’s personality was just smacked onto Bonnie just a lot worse. That’s just my hot take.
Stark contrast is Bonnie never shoved herself into battles.

She only shoved her kawaii face into grown-ups'(?) business while going "yay!" 80% of the time (but didn't make a fool of herself unlike Piplup).

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
Idk how people can say that liked Bonnie but Dawn’s Piplup made them hate the entire species when if you think about it Piplup’s personality was just smacked onto Bonnie just a lot worse. That’s just my hot take.

I don't understand it either, although I'm assuming that since Eureka was a young kid, some people were just more tolerant of her personality because she was acting her age.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I don't understand it either, although I'm assuming that since Eureka was a young kid, some people were just more tolerant of her personality because she was acting her age.
Yeah, and it's hard to understand how Pokemons age, unless their evolutions make them "older". For humans, it's much more clearer.

Bylethsak

Bonnie was written like the same as any lead female companion, unlike say Max or a random forced pokemon. Which is quite a feat for an underage girl character who couldn't have a real pokemon or a goal. Bonnie had the best emotional episodes of XY, the Tyrantrum filler, the whole Squishy arc singing to Zygarde and killing Lysandre, and between all that some funny moments and good interactions with her brother. She's also the only XY character who was kept almost consistently active, whereas Serena and Clemont switch off during the saga over which one was getting focus and which was just put in the background for awhile. She basically had good moments in the group and the few bratty moments she had were short-lived or played for humor, and didn't linger.

Leonhart

Imagineer
NeganTheSavior said:
I would absolutely be okay if Iris and Cilan never came back. Good. God.

Is there a particular reason why you don't like them? I'm used to fans disliking Iris so I can probably take a guess on why you wouldn't want to see her again, but I've hardly seen anyone have anything negative to say about Dent considering that he was rather charming and entertaining.