• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you be okay with never seeing previous companions again?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is there a particular reason why you don't like them? I'm used to fans disliking Iris so I can probably take a guess on why you wouldn't want to see her again, but I've hardly seen anyone have anything negative to say about Dent considering that he was rather charming and entertaining.
The glaring flaws on Iris won't be repeated here.

Cilan is literally perfect as a companion that lacks flaws and that's why he is BORING. The anime never bothered to elaborate on his goal, and he never faced an S rank connoisseur to put himself in his place. He's basically flawless and only served for cheap comedy gags.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’m good with never seeing the XY group and Max ever again in my life but I welcome the rest with open arms.

BlueDragonfangirl

Well, I got used to it sadly. I do miss a lot of the old cast though, Serena being my absolute favorite female lead character hasn't gotten her cameo yet * sigh* I assume none of the Sun and Moon characters will return which I'm ok with as I could never get attached to them.

NeganTheSavior

Is there a particular reason why you don't like them? I'm used to fans disliking Iris so I can probably take a guess on why you wouldn't want to see her again, but I've hardly seen anyone have anything negative to say about Dent considering that he was rather charming and entertaining.

The constant food metaphors drove me insane. And pretty much the same reasons for the Iris hate: "OMG ASH UR SUCH A KID"

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
So girl pined for (XY) Ash and ironically the kiss ended up being her romance's death sentence.

Such poetry.

Hilarious.
I'm fine with this, along the producers not doing a cameo or special for her. She would become a badass by training with a fighting girl in Hoenn, so yeah she doesn't need Ash.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
NeganTheSavior said:
The constant food metaphors drove me insane. And pretty much the same reasons for the Iris hate: "OMG ASH UR SUCH A KID"

I did find Dent's constant need to include references to food and fine dining to be a little contrived at times, but I think that out of all the male sidekick characters, he had the most personality and honestly the best battling skills out of all of them.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Tracey was rather bland if you took away the fact that he was an artist. He had Pokémon but rarely used them in battle. He was in the background for a lot of the Orange Island episodes not contributing very much except some commentary or using Marill’s super sensitive hearing or Venonat’s eyes to look for something. He was just there taking Brock’s place but with no real purpose other than to be a commentator. So I’d be fine not to see him again.

Cilian is a slightly different story. If the writers didn’t keep pushing the stupid gag of him being a connoisseur of practically everything, he’d be very acceptable and better received in my eyes. There was nothing wrong with his battling skills and he could have been a much more interesting character if he had gotten more character development. Every time it seemed like he was going to get it, the writers seemed to pull back. For example, we know Cilian has a fear of Purrloin but we never found out the reason because just as he is about to tell Iris and Ash the reason, the episode just ends. This fear is then never brought up again and had no satisfactory closure unlike Dawn with Plusle and Minun.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
For example, we know Cilian has a fear of Purrloin but we never found out the reason because just as he is about to tell Iris and Ash the reason, the episode just ends. This fear is then never brought up again and had no satisfactory closure unlike Dawn with Plusle and Minun.
Worse. He did end up telling them, but for whatever reason, the episode obscures what he says on purpose and skips to their reactions just to be funny.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
Really? I would say Kiawe is a superior battler than Cilan tbh

Maybe it's my own personal bias talking, but I was never particularly impressed with Kaki's skills as a trainer. I thought that his Lizardon was strong, but that his Garagara and Bakugames were average at best. On this subject, I wouldn't mind if Kaki never appears again.

SerenaRulez

No because the idea that we might never see Serena or the other girls again is painful. I'm not asking for the writers to bring them all back but I want to keep hope that they could reappear someday.

D

Deleted member 384931

I think there will be some episodes with past companions, but not before episode 100