• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you be okay with never seeing previous companions again?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
The girl that Ash has only liked thus far is never irrelevant

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
Except maybe Lillie and Gladion. I could see them meeting up with Ash in Galar and possibly helping him and Go stop a rampaging Gigantamaxed Pokemon. Lillie has one of her Pokémon act like a lure and lead the attacking Pokémon into a trap where the other three then do all they can to stop the attack.

I've always considered Lilie to be the main female cast member out of the three female SM classmates. Suiren might have been the better battler, but Lilie had more character development and felt more tied to the plot than Suiren or Mao did, so I think she could come back based on her importance in SM.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Giselle isn't a "previous companion" which is what the thread of the title says

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The new series had that one scene with all of Ash’s wins to show continuity.

And the writers fulfilled their continuity quota right there.
Yeah just like how Ash said he had some Tauros and then the next continuity was a lot after with the Kanto arc
That scene with the badges and trophies was one of the best non-return continuity scenes though, even ev it lasted a couple of seconds

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
No. I would've loved to see May and Dawn win the grand festival.

And Paul let Ash know of his results of battling Brandon again.

They really should have won by this point, several characters won grand festivals yet still compete in contests. The only reason I see Dawn even lost was because they didn't want her to win when Ash hadn't/wasn't
Serena? Eh, contests aren't her true goal so I honestly don't care if she's won one. I'm curious how contest life worked out for her is all and what she's doing now.

Cilan should be promoted in ranking too honestly, if he ever comes back

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Serena? Eh, contests aren't her true goal so I honestly don't care if she's won one. I'm curious how contest life worked out for her is all and what she's doing now
If fanfics were allowed, I would expect her having a great time doing them, win or loss, and her Hoenn experience would be as significant as her Kalos one if she got to see other Pokegirls or any strong girls that could assist her. But I wouldn't care about her return in the anime, because the writers don't impress me on how she was handled in XY(Z).

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
The only character that I really want to see again is Tracey because he was always one of my favorite guy characters.

It's kind of surprising that he doesn't make as much appearances anymore despite being at Oak's lab. It seems they only bring back Oak, Delia and Mimey for appearances when Johto/AG/DP treated him as a member of Ash's Pallet Town supporting cast.

I remember a ton people saying that Iris didn’t appear due to apparent unpopularity and Serena was definitely going to appear because “she’s the most popular girl yet” and I just love how that’s been disproven. It also however proves that Iris not being included in XY being a “misstep” was a blatant lie since they willingly brought back Misty instead of Serena.
However, serena is still very popular, the reason she didn't have anything else is probably due to her declaration of love for Ash

It would be nice if, before finishing Ash's story, they make 1 or 2 special chapters showing
>Hikari and Haruka Top coordinators in Sinnoh and Hoenn
>Teselia champion iris
>Takeshi The best doctor in the world
>Clemont and Mamane being great scientists
>Eureka and Masato traveling together
>Kiawe--> Kahuna
> Mao and Suiren Fulfilling their dreams
>Shinji in the Master Class
>Lusamine's family with Mohn
>Son of kukui be called Satoshi
>Serena Kalos Queen

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd like to get an update on May, Dawn, Iris and Serena. Everyone else had enough of a good closure as far as I'm concerned.

Still if they don't get said update, it won't be the end of the world for me.

Would you be okay with never seeing previous companions again?

If the price for it is never having to see brock and, specially, misty again, yes. Not just I'd be ok but would welcome it with open arms.

Everyone who grew up with a certain generation of pokemon and later would like to the companions they grew up with return to the anime, and thats the big dilemma, people who grew up with the characters.

"Everyone" is pushing a bit. Every rule has exceptions.

I grew up with the kanto series yet I don't want to see the companions from there ever again.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I hope they'll have a daughter though, would be more fun.
I'd be really interested to see Ash trying to be an older brother...except for the fact no one actually ages in the show, so, the baby is doomed to never let go his/her diapers.

I can't say I wouldn't like to see some of the previous companions, but I definetly don't care if I never see Misty, Brock, Cilan and Iris again. But, after Surge's (not physical) cameo and Korrina coming back, I think anyone is game, good or bad.

Does temporary companions count? Snap/Todd, Bianca, N, Alexa, Korrina...

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It would be nice if, before finishing Ash's story, they make 1 or 2 special chapters showing
>Hikari and Haruka Top coordinators in Sinnoh and Hoenn
>Teselia champion iris
>Takeshi The best doctor in the world
>Clemont and Mamane being great scientists
>Eureka and Masato traveling together
>Kiawe--> Kahuna
> Mao and Suiren Fulfilling their dreams
>Shinji in the Master Class
>Lusamine's family with Mohn
>Son of kukui be called Satoshi
>Serena Kalos Queen
What is Teselia, and why on earth would Paul go to the Master Class??

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Teselia is Unova and
The Master Class is Ash’s goal for the new series
hm even after opening the spoiler box I have no idea what you're talking about; i'll just assume you're talking about a different master class from this one
maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg