• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you be up for a newer version of Pokémon Chronicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
If they were to make another series like Pokémon Chronicles and focus on what Ash’s previous companions and rivals have been doing since they stopped traveling with him, would you watch it?

If they ever did this, I think I would personally enjoy it more than the main series. I’ve grown attached to a lot of Ash’s previous companions and I want to see how much they’ve progressed. It’s been a long time since we’ve been updated on some of them.

I would love to see how Dawn’s doing, she’s always been my personal favorite. I really wouldn’t mind a series with her as the main protagonist. I want to see how she’s doing contest wise, updates on her Pokémon, and how she’s doing in the Pokémon fashion world.

I adore Misty and was ecstatic about her appearance in SM and want more of an insight on her progress. Plus I think she’s easily one of the most entertaining out of Ash’s previous companions. I want to see the writers go into better detail about type masters and they could elaborate with Iris and Misty.

I want to see Gary too. No specific reason, he was just my favorite of Ash’s rivals. :p

I think Paul is incredibly interesting as a character and would like to see more of him.

I also want an update on May’s rivals (Drew and Harley) since I thought they were some of the best characters in the AG saga.

I know I’m ranting but as you can see, I’m all for his hypothetical idea.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I would be. Ash is my favorite character in the anime but I always have "I wonder what ______ is doing right now" thoughts when re watching episodes from past sagas. One of my favorite aspects of Chronicles was seeing characters interact without the need of Ash.

Some characters I'd like to see are all of Ash's past companions, Gary, Paul, Cynthia, and Charles Goodshow (seriously, bring him back).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah, but it would probably only have the DP, BW, and XY specials that never aired in the dub since I believe that's what the last Pokemon chronicles were iirc

DatsRight

Yeah, but it would probably only have the DP, BW, and XY specials that never aired in the dub since I believe that's what the last Pokemon chronicles were iirc

I think they also mean in terms of having a running series of specials like the original Japanese run did for a while instead of it's usual two or three per year, though I wouldn't mind if we got that AND an English dub that compiled both them and the previous specials together in one program, which was kinda what the original Chronicles was.

In terms of that concept, I wouldn't mind it. I feel like the show should go back to giving more respect to its supporting cast as main characters. Though I get the feeling these days they'd likely just limit it to XY and SM characters outside the games cast since these days the cast used in the original Chronicles series would be near completely unrecognisable to a younger audience. Sure they might know who May or Dawn are due to the games, but what new fan is gonna know Ritchie or Casey?

Seriously though, after SM is over I want Kiawe and Lillie specials in a flash.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yes, I definitively would like to watch them. People would enjoy watching their favorite companions/classmates own progressions and not being forced to only care about Ash like the producers/writers did in the recent series.

Jeal

I would love it, to see how the old companions are doing in their goals. But I don't think that is possible.

NanoMoltres

YES! It would be really nice to see how the others are doing since they parted with Ash. Like imagine if we got a episode where Gary met Paul and they decided to battle? Or maybe we can see what Ritchie is up to? What about Dawn?

Slapstick-Olivia

If they will do a spiritual successor to Pokémon Chronicles, then I think we will only see the characters from S&M, Misty and Brock (since they had a special guest appearance in S&M) and maybe the characters from X&Y, since this anime is not as old as the others. Everything before X&Y is sadly a bit to old for a special episode. I actually can't see anymore specials for the old characters like May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Richie, Gary etc. since which young kid remembers those characters?

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Everything before X&Y is sadly a bit to old for a special episode. I actually can't see anymore specials for the old characters like May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan, Richie, Gary etc. since which young kid remembers those characters?

Bad argument, Cilan has appeared not that long ago in the Clemont special. They also all appeared on the ending of Movie 20.

Besides there are reruns running and Internet is also a thing everyone has. The writers shouldn't be limiting themselves to only recent characters.

Not to mention Misty and Brock returned after a looong break.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Bad argument, Cilan has appeared not that long ago in the Clemont special. They also all appeared on the ending of Movie 20.

Besides there are reruns running and Internet is also a thing everyone has. The writers shouldn't be limiting themselves to only recent characters.

Not to mention Misty and Brock returned after a looong break.

Right, I myself would love to personally see all the companions having there own episodes, chronicles series was a brilliant idea. It gave us what those guys were doing, dont know why it was finished. I would also like to see all companions in main anime again even it is for just a short arc.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Sure. PokeWorld has more than enough story potential to show what's going on without Ash-tachii and the TRio around. The fact they keep making Ash-free specials is somewhat telling.

The problem is that it might be too little, too late. The HoSo specials aired at a good time and featured characters were still fresh on viewers's minds. Now the kids would be like "WTF are these guys?".
Though bringing back Clair for BW and the Iris special shows they don't mind bringing back people who'd been gone way to long. Ditto bringing back Misty in SM (though Let's GO is giving her a popularity boost)

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly, no. I recently realized how pointless the Hoso specials were with the exception of Takeshi's and a few of Kasumi's, so I don't necessarily want more of them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hell yeah.
I'd love to see some of Dawn's adventures in Johto
And it'd be great to see the rivalry between May, Drew, and Harley again....
More adventures with Cilan and Brock would be fantastic as well!
And it'd be lovely to see Lisia's debut along with Serena's contest adventure
Maybe some adventures with Gary and Paul as well, see what they've been up to since Ash last saw them.

I'd love some episodes with Lyra as well.... but that's more wishful thinking. She could take over from Ritchie and Casey, and let Butch/Cassidy show up again too!
Kiawe adventuring through Kanto would make for some great episodes, he's the one classmate I think could carry an episode by himself. He's serious and funny... especially when he gets super serious!
Ula'Ula science fair with Clemont/Sophocles is likely the only special we'll see though.....

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
This question pops up once a year or so. The answer is "we already have one, you just don't know about it".

"Pokemon Chronicles" is a dub-invented umbrella name for various specials they hadn't dubbed yet. We've got a whole bunch of similar specials since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.