• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you boycott the next Pokemon DS game if it was not a GSC remake?

Your opinion?

• I would only buy the next Pokemon game if it was a GSC remake.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I would only buy the next Pokemon game if it was NOT a GSC remake.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • I'm going to buy the next game no matter what.

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • I don't plan on buying the next Pokemon game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
I was just wondering, A lot of people really, desperatly want a GSC remake, but would anyone actually go as far as to not buy the next game if it wasn't a GSC remake?

Or alternativly, has anyone been turned off by all of this nostalgia?

Personly, I'm only going to buy the next Pokemon game if it's a GSC remake. But before you dismiss this as "stupid", "dumb" and "Childish" as some of you so childishly have hear me out. I'm a breeder. I breed for IVs. I play Pokemon for the Competitive side of it, not the "Story" (if it can such be called). I have my Pearl version for breeding, and Shoddy (eventually competitor) to test out my new teams on. I don't really need another generic Pokemon game right now. It's just not worth $70 (aud) and a bunch of my time. That my seem hypocritical seeing as I'd prefer the remake, but at least when ninty does a remake they don't hide the fact that they're doing to same thing over again. Quite frankly, a GSC remake would hold more (sentimental) value for me, enough to warrent bying it, whereas a totally new game wouldn't.

I also don't expect any of the "prepubesent" teens that frequent this site to understand. It's fine when D/P and RESFRLG are the only Pokemon games you've been exposed too, but after four generations... well the people who have been there from the start will know what I mean. Allow me to demonstrate with ING scores (out of 10)

Pokemon Red/Blue: 10/10
Pokemon Gold/Silver: 10/10
Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby: 9.5/10
Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen: 9/10
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond: 8.5/10

I realise how open to interpretation those stastics are (I myself left out the "3rd instalments" as they, apart from Yellow, concistently score lower than their predecesors.), but they show a clear pattern. And I have to agree with them. RBY was just more "fun" than D/P. Then again, FRLG scored lower than RB so a GSC remake may not be as good as GS, but then again Ninty has the same chance of screwing up a totally new installment so whatever.

EDIT: I mean real Pokemon games *rolls eyes*. Not Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon Ranger BS. I wouldn't play those if you gave them to me for free. XD

EDIT2: Ok, perhaps boycott wasn't the exact word I was searching for, but as the exact one seems to be absent from my vocabulary it'll have to do.

Last edited:

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Pfft, doesn't count. You know the type of game I mean. (is there any proper way to refer to them?) the "catch 'em all" style rpgs with IVs, EVs, etc.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
I would get it either way. I would prefer GSC remake

Dj Travis

Personally, I think boycotting a game just because it's not what you thought it would be, is dumb and childish. That sounds like something a 12 - 14 year old would do.

So, no. I wouldn't boycot it and yes, I would by the next game.

Charizard_Millky

Punk Rock > You
I would get it either way. I would prefer GSC remake

EDIT: Damn lag

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
No. Thankfully I'm not a blind nostalgist and actually like to experience new things.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
No. Thankfully I'm not a blind nostalgist and actually like to experience new things.
"new" is quite ironic concidering not much has changed in Pokemon from RBY days

KetchupO

tωisted
Well, I wouldn't really be affected if it wasn't a remake.
Although I hope it will be because I never owned the G/S/C games and people talk about them as if they're like...The best Pokemon games ever xD

Boycotting the game for this reason is childish though. We all know there WILL be a remake -.-;
So I'd buy the games no matter what.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC

John Light

I would buy the next RPG pokemon game regardless of what it is, but I would prefer though:

Fully 3D wii pokemon RPG (like colluseum but with 'proper' wild pokemon)

And G/S/C remake including another Celebi event

PDL

disenchanted
No because boycotting something like a video game for such petty reasons as not being how you want it is completely stupid.

Anyone who does deserves to get hit by a speeding bus.

Although I hope it will be because I never owned the G/S/C games and people talk about them as if they're like...The best Pokemon games ever xD

Believe me, it isn't as amazing as people say it is. It's all nostalgia talk. I personally found it sub-par compared to the RBY games and everything afterward.

People are just retarded.

latios reborn

heaps of things have changed in the games sure you have to do the same thing but you are doing them in different regions after new pokemon and that and i don't remember red etc having double battles so there is mostly new stuff each game.

and well i would still get the game if it was a remake or not, and hell i'm even goingto get mystery dungeon 2 and ranger 2.

palkia1

Palkia Lover
Things have changed in the Pokemon games since RBY. Quite a few things. I can't be bothered naming them all but for instance, the depth of competitive battling and how varied Pokemon can be with EV's IV's and Natures.

Frankly, i think boycotting a new game because of those reasons is pretty childish.

I would definitely get a new DS Pokemon game. I like PMD, Ranger and i think that Diamond and Pearl were the best games ever.

I like GSC too, and i would like a remake. I would definitely buy it as my old one is busted.

I just think nostalgia is getting in the way of people accepting anything besides a GSC remake. It's pretty stupid. Yes, the games were good, but don't let nostalgia blind you so that you will only accept a remake of the game.

I would get any new Pokemon game for the DS, regardless of what it is about. I'm just getting sick and tired of people bashing everything new about Pokemon because they like GSC because of nostalgia.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
I'll get the next Pokemon game and I don't care if its not a GSC remake. The only reason not to buy would be if its a really, really, really bad game, but that's impossible. Yeah, boycotting for that reason is childish. Yes, I know everyone has been saying this.
;254;#Gecko#;254;​

latios reborn

it's well to be different dumb, boycotting a game due to the fact it's not G/S/C

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I would get any new Pokemon game for the DS, regardless of what it is about. I'm just getting sick and tired of people bashing everything new about Pokemon because they like GSC because of nostalgia.
QFT
I would get It because im a Original pokemon RPG collecter. Ive got evry RPG game inclunding green. But Boycotting a video game is dumb.

Lord_Sunday

Remember me from RSE
Things have changed in the Pokemon games since RBY. Quite a few things. I can't be bothered naming them all but for instance, the depth of competitive battling and how varied Pokemon can be with EV's IV's and Natures.
True, but if you want Competitive battling you can download Shoddy for free :p