• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you choose May or Misty to come back to the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
The only Pokemon episodes that I'll ever watch anymore are the ones from the first season. Misty was always one of my favorite characters. I hear people say that the writers got rid of Misty just because she was boring and didn't do anything. I'd agree that she didn't do anything but follow Ash around, but she was funny.

I think if either Misty or May should come back to the show, I'd choose Misty. And I might like it if Misty would enter contests just to allow her to something else besides walk around all of the time.

ReallyOcean

Thunder Trainer
I hope so! Obsession over girls like that is idiotic! So unless you have any sensible reasons for why May should be brought back, tell me! Otherwise, just keep them to yourselves.
People have different opinions on what they consider sensible to be.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I would like to see Misty again, but only for a little while...If they bought her back for any longer, they would have to give her something to actually do...

Kariba

Misty. She was cool and smart. May was a ditz.

Someone mentioned in their livejournal that they met Veronica Taylor at a convention and talked with her, and she dissed Misty by saying that May was a better character. I so do not agree.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Someone mentioned in their livejournal that they met Veronica Taylor at a convention and talked with her, and she dissed Misty by saying that May was a better character. I so do not agree.

That wouldn't surprise me. Seriously, why wouldn't a VA say the character they played was a better character than another character?

Besides, Misty spent most of her run (especially the Johto years), standing around doing nothing holding Togepi. How anyone could find that more interesting, something completely absent of character development or interesting battles, over a character with an actual plot is beyond me.

Why do people try to positive spins on things like that? The Johto portion of Misty's character is widely considered to be the most boring run for a female character in the series. It went over so badly with the fanbase that the writers knew they could never use that group again and have continued to avoid Misty's character aside from small cameo roles because of it.

Last edited:

Kariba

That wouldn't surprise me. Seriously, why wouldn't a VA say the character they played was a better character than another character?

Because it's not terribly classy.

Besides, Misty spent most of her run (especially the Johto years), standing around doing nothing holding Togepi. How anyone could find that more interesting, something completely absent of character development or interesting battles, over a character with an actual plot is beyond me.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the Togepi addition, myself. Was it pokemopolis.com or whatever that website was that referred to Togepi as the soul-draining egg of evil? That I agree with.

But I thought it was bad form for one VA to diss another VA's character.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the Togepi addition, myself. Was it pokemopolis.com or whatever that website was that referred to Togepi as the soul-draining egg of evil? That I agree with.

The site does say that, but it was the most commonly held opinion here in the fanbase. Virtually everyone complained about the way Misty was handled in Johto when that saga ended for the first time. The fact that for the bulk of Johto she's not even focused on at all doesn't help matters.

But I thought it was bad form for one VA to diss another VA's character.

Well first of all if all Veronica said was that she thought May was a better character, that's not really a diss. Its just basically saying she liked May more, which again, makes a hell of a lot of sense since she voiced the character for 130 episodes and 3 movies.

Last edited:

Kariba

Well first of all if all Veronica said was that she thought May was a better character, that's not really a diss. Its just basically saying she liked May more, which again, makes a hell of a lot of sense since she voiced the character for 130 episodes and 3 movies.

Oh, brother.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So in other words, you should have never found that "odd."

Voice actors will usually always prefer their own roles.

Last edited:

Kariba

So in other words, you should have never found that "odd."

Are you talking to me?

Edit- just saw your second sentence. And that's not the point. But, whatever. I'm not wasting energy discussing my opinions with you.

Last edited:

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
I'm not wasting energy discussing my opinions with you.

You don't need to either. What Cyber is saying seems basically right.

C'mon guys, get real. May and Misty will not come back to the show permanently because they have done what they have to.

Though I really don't like to be seeing May/Misty come back permanently, but I still have an idea. Though I do not support my idea myself....

Misty can meet Juan and be addicted to Pokemon Contests by him. Can't she? (XD)

Yes that can happen, but only in my unpublished fanfic. There are a lot of odd things that happen there.

latios reborn

The only Pokemon episodes that I'll ever watch anymore are the ones from the first season. Misty was always one of my favorite characters. I hear people say that the writers got rid of Misty just because she was boring and didn't do anything. I'd agree that she didn't do anything but follow Ash around, but she was funny.

I think if either Misty or May should come back to the show, I'd choose Misty. And I might like it if Misty would enter contests just to allow her to something else besides walk around all of the time.

she didn't get boring she only left to make way for the new generation girl

HikariTajiri

Back! =D
By the way, Togepi rules. And yeah, it is unfair that one VA should diss another over their characters. I wonder what Misty would think of Ash x May? <insert angry Misty here>

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
There was never any romance to begin with.

Misty feelings towards Ash were made pretty clear in 'Gotta Catch Ya Later'...She clearly developed feelings for him, she didn't get upset and run off because of Brock, it was because of her feelings towards Ash. But he was too dim-witted to realise the obvious...

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
He's probably talking about a real romance, not just crushes.

Anyway, I still don't see why people are shocked that Veronica Taylor likes May more than Misty. Why should Veronica care about Misty in the first place?

Rave

Banned
He's probably talking about a real romance, not just crushes.

That's just probably 4kids at work again. =P

Anyway, I still don't see why people are shocked that Veronica Taylor likes May more than Misty. Why should Veronica care about Misty in the first place?

Because Misty was an annoying redhead with an annoying voice, who sounds constantly agitated.

Even though she was the best at pulling Brock's ear away.

Status
Not open for further replies.