• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you choose May or Misty to come back to the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion Jared 14

I am more of a Misty fan, but people have got to face facts. May actually had a specific purpose of her own to fulfill on her journey whilst still traveling with Ash and co. Misty was just like, sorry to say, eye candy for the audience, or Ash's main cheering squad. Most people like Misty for her joy to water pokemon, or her temper towards stupidy as in psyduck or dumb comments made from stupid people. But other than that, she could not become a better gym leader or water pokemon master by being in Ash's personal cheering section. It would make more sense to bring May back for she'll actually have something to do.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I am more of a Misty fan, but people have got to face facts. May actually had a specific purpose of her own to fulfill on her journey whilst still traveling with Ash and co. Misty was just like, sorry to say, eye candy for the audience, or Ash's main cheering squad. Most people like Misty for her joy to water pokemon, or her temper towards stupidy as in psyduck or dumb comments made from stupid people. But other than that, she could not become a better gym leader or water pokemon master by being in Ash's personal cheering section. It would make more sense to bring May back for she'll actually have something to do.

I agree. We haven't heard from Misty in a while, and she made the show funnier.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Neither probably will, except for maybe a few episodes.

I'd want Misty back. She's the original. Why do people like May so much, anyway?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'd want Misty back. She's the original. Why do people like May so much, anyway?

Why would you even ask such a question? About 40% of Hoenn/Battle Frontier centered around her. She was the first character besides Ash to ever have a goal that went on throughout the entire region. Contests were generally the most popular addition to the show back in Hoenn, hence why they're still in the series 5 years later.

In other words, she actually had a storyline to follow. Of course now with Dawn its the same thing, but before Dawn was introduced May was the only example of another character besides Ash with an entire arc centered around her.

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
The general consensus seems to be that half the fandom wants Misty back, half wants May.

I don't understand why since neither of them would make much sense coming back permanently unless the writers twist the characters around to make them suit the current show (May being a coordinator alongside Dawn would be a problem, Misty would need a new goal, etc).

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Misty, because she's been gone forever.
What they need to do for 5th gen episodes? Have Brock go home, have Misty with Ash, and have the MALE protaganist join up with them. I'm cool with Dawn, but Brendan >>>>>>>>>> May.

the green gardian

may should come back wen they go to snowpoint city to have anotherbattle with ash the her eevee will evolve

Kataphrut

They were both good in their own right, but I think Dawn seems to be better than them both. Sure, they could return for a cameo, but that's it.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wow, this forum is filled with anime perverts.

Isn't that the truth? All of you want a character to come back because of her "overdeveloped breasts"? Get real! They won't bring May back for that reason, lest they run into some kind of lawsuit. Do all of you really want that to happen?

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Isn't that the truth? All of you want a character to come back because of her "overdeveloped breasts"? Get real! They won't bring May back for that reason, lest they run into some kind of lawsuit. Do all of you really want that to happen?

Dude, we were kidding around about the breasts thing, or at least I was. She's my favourite kharacter from the series anyway.

ZgonDuck

Like A Boss
If I had to choose, I'd say May. Misty's done with her quest, she doesn't need to travel with Ash anymore. May doesn't either, but maybe she'd want to try other things.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Dude, we were kidding around about the breasts thing, or at least I was. She's my favourite kharacter from the series anyway.

I hope so! Obsession over girls like that is idiotic! So unless you have any sensible reasons for why May should be brought back, tell me! Otherwise, just keep them to yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.