• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you choose May or Misty to come back to the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtab x3

May no doubt should come back with her nice personality and all her rivals like harley should arrive they make it more fun. Misty no offense but she disses ash and is a tomboy. we have paul to dis ash...

Satoshifangirl

Actually i can't choose so i say BOTH! is that ok? :p I like all 3 the girls! I only liked Misty more in the beginning now she's kinda boring but i still like her!

Stage On

Aura guardian
I'd prefer it if May came back full time rather then Misty. Don't get me wrong I like both of them alot but to me it seems Misty is better off as a Gym leader rather then travling around with Ash.

Frankly Misty would just devlove back to her boring Johto status where she was on the show more to fill space then actually DO anything intresting most of the time. At least with May you have the prospect of contests.

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I'd prefer it if May came back full time rather then Misty. Don't get me wrong I like both of them alot but to me it seems Misty is better off as a Gym leader rather then travling around with Ash.

Frankly Misty would just devlove back to her boring Johto status where she was on the show more to fill space then actually DO anything intresting most of the time. At least with May you have the prospect of contests.

I'm afraid you're right. If only there were something interesting for her to do... the Whirl Cup was an interesting arc because Misty and Ash got to compete, and she had more of a part, but they couldn't just do that again. I've been trying to think of something, but... She's not maturing much just being a gym leader, either, though. It helped her some at first, but she said herself that she wanted to travel the world and learn all she could about water Pokemon. She's kind of stuck now.

On the other hand, I don't know that May would have that big of a part, either. Her role's been filled by Dawn, and whoever else the writers introduce for the next generation. I think they like to have at least one character be new to Pokemon.

Misty! May is an okay character, it's just that Misty is an old favorite of mine and she hasn't been to the show the longest. Besides-- May and Dawn would be on a constant feud on coordinators...and I don't need THAT much girl drama in my pokemon... o__o

Though...I am a bit curious on how Misty and Dawn would react with eachother...hmm.

I don't know I guess I feel that misty has been off air on pokemon for so long, I feel that it is time for here to come back just for a bit at least ;-; I don't want her to feel completely over. May is a good character, but I don't know, she sort of lacks personality unlike Dawn and Misty. Though all of them have there negitive sides. o__o

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm sure we'll see Misty again in the anime at some point, even if its only for a few episodes.

The writers have made sure to show Misty at least a few times in every region since her departure. She got 2 episodes in Hoenn, and 3 at the very beginning of Battle Frontier. She also got those four specials at Cerulean Gym.

She hasn't appeared in D/P yet but going by previous seasons, she probably will stop by for a short visit at some point. When that might happen is anyones guess, but who knows. The writers never forget main characters so we'll still see her again every so often.

Profesco

gone gently
Yes, especially if May's return is any indication. I am looking forward to seeing her Pokemon again, personally. Psyduck, Horsea, Corsola, and Politoed. I miss those guys...

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Am I the ony one who thinks Dawn should have sucked at contests (which she does), gave up and became a Pokemon Ranger with May returning for contests....

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
Misty might not come back to the show because of her job to take over as the Cerulean gym leader, but good thing Croagunk is there to Poison Jab Brock everytime he swoons around Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny, and the rest of the other girls he sees nearby. That's why you remembered when Misty pulls Brock's ears when he sees any girl nearby to swoon with.

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
May over Misty any day...why?

In the beginning May caught my attention...her self-introduction was very unique and probably started the character development I love.

Her quote from the first episode she was in "The truth is...I don't like Pokémon..."

At first, she had no idea what she wanted to do in life, and she didn't really have a thing for Pokémon at all.

I like how she explained that she was uncomfortable being in the Hoenn region and that she just wanted to travel to see the world.

She didn't know how to command Pokémon attacks or types or anything at all...but once she saw a Contest, she immediately discovered her passion for life, and by the end of her journey with Ash, she was able to look back and say "look how much I've grown!"

Misty really didn't have too much development other than feelings for Ash and frankly, she was around too long, so I prefer her cameos to be just about as frequent as Gary's.

Both were very good supporting characters, but May stands out as the one who "found herself" to me.

Last edited:

Kataphrut

Neither one is very likely, but May is probably the better of the 3 girls. Misty was disliked for doing almost absolutely nothing, especially during Johto. Dawn is disliked for taking May's goal and doing little to improve it. But May was revolutionary in a way.

She was the first character to have a tangible goal besides Ash.
She was the first character to have a proper rival besides Ash.
She was the second character to star in a movie besides Ash.
She has a Munchlax

So if one should ever come back, May is the superior choice.

may is hotter :p
And she has more personality if you ask me too. and that will pay xP

Last edited:

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
Well May is already back and as a plus in that sexy looking Emerald outfit.
Really, May can return now and still be fresh but its a little tougher for Misty.

1. It would good if they gave her a little "design" change
2. New profession for her to take up (Ranger? why not!!)
3. A slightly more dynamic personality... something like jealousy towards another character or even a more hardcore demeanor.... maybe she could punch James in the face....

Originally posted by Kataphrut

She was the first character to have a tangible goal besides Ash.
She was the first character to have a proper rival besides Ash.
She was the second character to star in a movie besides Ash.
She has a Munchlax

First two reasons are good but the other two are just bias. Second to star in a movie? How? What about Brock? Max? Misty?
Also, Munchlax could have gone to anyone but at that time it was thought best to let May have it.....

Lucario Master Chris

Master of Psychics
Personally, I'd like for Misty to come back. I would like to see if Misty and Ash still had that thing between them and what Dawn would think about it. Also, I would love to see Brock swooning over another girl, Crogunk getting ready to use Poison Jab, and then Misty start draging him off by the ear, leaving Crogunk just standing there.

I found May rather boring after the first Hoenn season. It seamed to me like May was a master of the contests by that time and she new what she was doing, where as Dawn still has little clue as to what she is doing.

P.S. I think Kataphrut is talking about the Manaphy movie.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
P.S. I think Kataphrut is talking about the Manaphy movie.

If he IS talking about the focussed charecter then May would be third as Max had his moments in the 7th movie with Deoxsys and Jirachi...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I think Misty and Brock have gotten to be stale characters. So they should ditch Brock and have Ash with May AND Dawn.

Profesco

gone gently
Kataphrut makes a fair point about May's better position. But I like to think that just casts the vote all the more in Misty's favor. If May came back, her position would be the same old thing as it always was. And that's certainly the thing people around here hate (read: why people are tired of Brock). If she came back, she'd still be May and she'd still be doing the same thing. If Misty came back, the writers would have some plot creation that gave her a reason to be there. She'd have a more active purpose, and she'd be doing something she'd never done before. Plus, there's always the great chemistry she has with Brock and Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.