• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you consider this cheating?

So I was on the GTS last night and I traded away a legit, trained, level 100 spiritomb for a level 100 Lucario.

When i got my Lucario, I checked out its stats only to see that it was hacked.
It was caught at level 99 on victory road, so it obviously was hacked.

I felt a little upset because I traded away a really good pokemon for it... so I traded the hacked Lucario away for a legitimate Metagross...

Now is it fair for me to use this Metagross? I think it is... I traded away a legit pokemon, so I feel like I am entitled to a legit pokemon in return...

FEEPtheFlareon

Crazy but not insane
That is a little sly, but there's really nothing you can do about it now.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Since that metagross is legit, it should be. After all, you weren't expecting a hacked pokemon in the first place.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Now the person you traded it to feels "a little upset" because they got a hacked Lucario for a rare Pokemon.

:/

Rakarei

EXCELSIOR
A trade's a trade. Not cheating, you didn't hack the Lucario.

crazysteve1001

How can you hate it?
so you kinda did the same thing that the first trader did to you? im not sure i dont consider it cheating.

hitoshura0

It's up to you. This lies on the gray lines of morality. I'd probably be fine with it, but seeing as you did it, your choice has been made.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
what has me confused is why someone who can hack would even bother trading, when if they had any hacking skills they could create what they wanted from the get go.

Gary9021

Why did you care anyways? It was a pokemon just like any other pokemon. If it had something wrong with it, like 999 stats or something, I'd understand, but if it was just a regular pokemon the why does it matter?
It's data. Deal.
Hard work? Who cares about the hard work put into a video game? The end result is what matters. If I traded away a legit lv 100 Lucario for a hacked lv 100 Lucario, I wouldn't care, because besides IVs, etc, it would be no different.

flygonabsol99

its not cheating,but it just isnt nice.when you were unhappy,you traded it.now the other persons upset,and now there sending hacks into gts.if people do this,Everything on gts becomes hacked,and pokemon removes it

Sonic527

Speed fanatic
Alls fair in trade as long as you get the pokemon you want. If its hacked and you can't stand it then make it have an egg.

Cutty

Forever now
Well, everytime if I get a hacked pokemon or bad iv's pokemon, I will trade them back to other random trainers.

The last time I got a hacked shiny Deoxys. Well, I just wanted a normal one, so I sent him away.

Anyway, you shoul've just kept or released the hacked pokemon.
That's really so not nice of you.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
No, it's not cheating. Use the GTS at your own risk, people should know that. And you don't know for sure that person minds having a hacked Lucario. They might be just fine with it.

Floydyboy

Oink oink
Well, you did the same thing as the person who originally had the Lucario did, so if he was cheating, then so where you.

The GTS is filled with jerks like this, so enter at your own peril. (I don't actually know if the GTS is filled with jerks, as I don't have Wi-Fi. Probably a good guess though).

NES

Flip me to the side!
Well you was aware of it being a hack and still you choose to trade it. So it probably is.

Now it is nothing you should worry about, really. Enjoy your Metagross, if it was up to trade it means the OT didn't really care about it. He/she will let go as well.

Private Caboose

Enthralled
Yeah, this happened to me all the time ever since I first got Diamond and Pearl. It's okay and who's to judge you? Almost every person who ever used the GTS should have received a hacked Pokemon at one point or another anyway.