• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you have prefered Hilda to Iris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolminun

Banned
Oh yes, a thousand times yes! Same with Hillbert.

The only problem is her role in the group.

I second this. Her look kinda remins me of avatar Korra, and I'm sure hilda is fiesty. Here name means battle girl according to Bulbapedia, and it'd be refreshing to see ash with a female rival for once.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
What? You do know that Bianca is the same age as her right? Let's not make age excuses for this show. It's not helping.

They had to come up with an excuse for Bianca being older than Ash and Iris, though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think Hilda would have been too similar to Dawn, who in turn was too similar to May.

Iris may not be handled as well as she could have been but it's a nice change of pace.

I think Hilda would have been too similar to Dawn, who in turn was too similar to May.

Iris may not be handled as well as she could have been but it's a nice change of pace.

Iris is handled perfectly well as a character,her journey has just only begin for her.

Ver-mont

I would have preferred Hilda as the main rival, to be honest. I can't see her as a sidekick to Ash. She has this tough and badass look that would fit the rival role perfectly.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!

No one is saying that Hilda would have to be a coordinator but what's wrong with just being a trainer? I know Ash is one too but that would be more interesting than seeing Iris do nothign for gaps at a time.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
iris. im very OCD so aftr watching a whole season of iris and cilan with ash, im used to it now.

GenerationRed

Pokemon Trainer
I don't think there is any reason to assume Hilda would have been like May or Dawn (not that they were bad). The writers clearly went into Best Wishes wanting to do something different, so I'm pretty sure Hilda would have been very different to what we were used to. That said, I'm still gonna go with Iris. Because she has the ability to swing on magical never ending vines. Also the hair. The hair is cool.

Bardische

Elegance.
Honestly I would have, but it seems any hope of that every happening is next to impossible at this point. That flop Dawn is crawling back to Ash's lap, and I guess she'll ruin the anime by trying to side track our heroes into doing musicals or something.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Honestly I would have, but it seems any hope of that every happening is next to impossible at this point. That flop Dawn is crawling back to Ash's lap, and I guess she'll ruin the anime by trying to side track our heroes into doing musicals or something.

Let's not say that and let's hope she's just visiting an event like Misty did back in AG. I don't want the guys side tracked by that either since there are Don battles and other stuff Ash could be doing.

GenerationRed

Pokemon Trainer

Hmmm...I'm getting this strange sense that you aren't Dawn's biggest fan. Lol anyway, stranger things have happened. There are a number of characters that were introduced completely out of the blue, e.g new rivals when Ash has got nearly all the badges already. So there's still a chance. Albeit a slim one.

Status
Not open for further replies.