• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would You Like James to participate in Pokemon Musicals?

Chimchar15

To me James has been getting less and less attention in the anime compared to Jessie. It wasn't that bad in AG when Jessie started doing contests because she wasn't good, but in DP she got more attention and even managed to make it to the top 4 of the Grand Festival. Basically I would like James to get so attention this season and in Musicals are in it would seem like a good thing for him to participate in, to me it fits him. If Dento also turns out to do Musicals maybe they can be rivals. I know this may not seem that important for a thread as there has been a lot of useless threads around here lately but this has been on my mind for most of the DP saga. So what are your thoughts?

TheNewGuy

Actually, I like this idea.

Giving Jessie her new interest, contests, worked fairly well and now it's James' turn. Seems like a James-y sort of thing as well.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
It would be a cool idea, but James only has 2 pokemon, so he would defiantly have to get a new Pokemon because he cant do what Jessie did and use her pokemon for them as its a bit more of Jessie's nature than James'

terminoob

The Underdog
Man, Chimey would've been great for these.

Regardless, I hope he does. He's one of my favorite characters and my favorite on TR, so I hope he gets some screentime to do something [especially since his ol' pal Brocko won't be sticking around for him to talk to during contests.]

PePer

That would be hilarious and totally awesome, also with James personality giving him such thing to principate in, that would put his character into new light, also creating mirror to Dawn/Jessie > Dento/James, I wouldn't be suprised if that actually happens.

Lucario770

What's in the box?
His thing was the PokeRinger Competitions, where he did use Jessie's Pokemon. He most likely would use some of her Pokemon. I could actually see him in the Musicals, if they do catch on.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
No. Musicals should be as important as Pokethlon was in teh anime.

Thats right.... a one episode mention.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
His thing was the PokeRinger Competitions, where he did use Jessie's Pokemon. He most likely would use some of her Pokemon. I could actually see him in the Musicals, if they do catch on.

I just dont see James using Jessie's pokemon, as he is always acting abit more proud of himself and i would really enjoy to see him catching more Isshu pokemon to be ahed.

Silver_Seoul

Yes.

10Char.

Edit - Seeing as TR's roster usually consists of:

Meowth
Plant
Snake
Flyer
Cute, Non-Battler
and Wobbuffet,

They'd have to change that around to work for James.

masukippa

If the musicals are important, then yes, I could see this happening. The anime will likely (unless its a 1-episode thing) incorporate battling in in some way. Interesting idea

Chimchar15

No. Musicals should be as important as Pokethlon was in teh anime.

Thats right.... a one episode mention.

Should we actually wait to find out more about Pokemon Musicals before bashing them? Anyways it would be cool to see James catch more than two Pokemon if musicals are implemented.

Lucario770

What's in the box?
I just dont see James using Jessie's pokemon, as he is always acting abit more proud of himself and i would really enjoy to see him catching more Isshu pokemon to be ahed.

Yeah, you're right there. I think he only used Jessie's Pokemon because it was a sudden thing, and his couldn't fly. It was basically a one time, unexpected event.

Chimchar15

Man, Chimey would've been great for these.

Regardless, I hope he does. He's one of my favorite characters and my favorite on TR, so I hope he gets some screentime to do something [especially since his ol' pal Brocko won't be sticking around for him to talk to during contests.]

Lol it took me a while to realize who you were talking about when you said Chimey. Who knows, maybe with some luck they'll bring Chimeco back if he does do musicals. It would fit perfectly.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Yes, Even more so because James needs some new pokemon and doing the musicals would mean he have to catch more.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I could see James doing musicals, he used to love Chimecho's singing, so he might have a thing for music. Plus, he likes little cutesy pokemon, so if he gets a new one in Isshu, I can see him putting it in musicals.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Although James' thing seems to be the PokeRinger contests, he does need something else to do when those aren't around.

But I don't think musicals are his thing. James seems to be interested in really obscure was in bonding with his Pokemon. The Orienteering Contest thing seemed to be something he was naturally gifted at. Maybe a competition like that will be better suited for him.

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
Lol it took me a while to realize who you were talking about when you said Chimey. Who knows, maybe with some luck they'll bring Chimeco back if he does do musicals. It would fit perfectly.

If they give it a new evolution then that is probably going to happen. If not, it will probably just stay with his Grand Parents. To get it to him they could, by luck, be visiting the Isshu mansion for a little get away, and brought it along.

Profesco

gone gently
James hasn't had a specific, continuous "thing." He's displayed skills and experience in a few random events that add some (largely irrelevant) history to his character, but there's been nothing as seriously goal-like as Jessie and Contests.

And yes, if Musicals become a sideplot in BW, I would personally enjoy seeing James become an earnest participant. James is certainly effete enough to match up well with the idea. Maybe we'll see the flaming Moltres costume again, who knows?

... I have a hard time seeing Jessie take a backseat/supportive role, though. She's stated explicitly - and multiply - that if anyone is the ~*~star~*~ of Team Rocket, it's she.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
James, in Pokemon Musicals? Haha, no not really. Yes, he needs a hobby other than collecting freaking bottle caps and entering random competitions every 100 episodes or so, but he isn't suited for fame and glamour like my girl Jessie is. Sure James has great fashion sense, courtesy of having cross-dressed for years on air but he doesn't have the flare for something like a beauty/singing/dancing contest. How can he teach his Pokemon to charm and sing and dance if he doesn't know the first aspect of it himself? I mean heck, Meowth has more charm and better dance moves than James and even the voice of an angel, something James cannot compete with. He should just sit there in the stands, cheering for Jessie, where he belongs because the only thing he seems to be good at is boosting morale :p

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Yes TR need a full team roster each.