• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you like Misty/Kasumi to officially return to the series?

Would you like Misty/Kasumi to officially return to the series?

• Yes, I would like to see her officially return to the series.

Votes: 82 58.2%
  • No, I would rather that she would stay as a reoccuring character.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I honestly do not care for her regarding an official return.

Votes: 19 13.5%

• Total voters

~Mist~

revolutionary~
The reason why I'm doing this? Just to get some statistics as well as research here as well in other forums. I am doing this with the sole intention of what the opinions of the fanbase are when it comes to this topic.

Some people say that the fanbase thinks she should officially return to the group while I hear from others who say they're okay with it and prefer her to come in a cameo every now and then. I'm wondering what are your thoughts about this. I personally am okay with the fact that she is gone. As long as she continues to have her cameos, I'm completely fine with it. I'm just wondering which side the fanbase is on when it comes to this topic.

I would highly appreciate it if people would vote on the poll for the sole reason of gathering statistics and conducting my research. Also, please feel free to state your opinion in a respectful and friendly manner. Thank you.

Last edited:

Amaranth

Swag
I Honestly Could Not Chosse Between The First Two So I Chose Both >>

I'd Love Kanto Misty To Return Any Moment. But I Prefer Gym Leader Misty To The GSC Misty, Who Was Getting Tired And Boring.

So It All Depends If They Revitalised Her Or Not.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Ah, okays then. Thank you for voting and posting your opinion. =D

I don't really care at this point, since I no longer watch the show, but I would rather she didn't return. Every character I've ever liked on the show has been ruined to me by doing the exact same thing every week to the point where I end up hating them, so I wouldn't want Misty to suffer the same fate. She's perfectly fine the way she is right now.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
I see, thank you for opinion and vote. Also, thanks to those who voted on the poll. ^^

Misty punk

Jiggwypuffles! FTW!
BRING BACK MISTY!
BRING BACK MISTY!
Come on people!

Kabuto

little punks!
She should drown already. Even if its only so that all these misty return topics will be put to rest. We're in DP ffs!

*copies and pastes one of Cybercubeds rants about Misty*

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Thanks, Misty punk. Just remember to lay off the caps lock, okay? ^^;;; Also, thank you for posting, Kabuto. ^^

Kabuto

little punks!
Also, thank you for posting, Kabuto. ^^

Meh I was only kidding. As said, shes done her job. Shes a kanto gym leader and she should stay where she belongs. The only reason I welcome brock is because hes a background character. Replacing a background character for another background character would be pointless. Besides, there are some brock moments I truly enjoy.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
As much as I still like her, even I don't see any reason why she should get special treatment over other former cast members. She contributed a lot to the show, but so did like...everyone.

She's a skilled Gym Leader, she works directly towards her goal every day without holding anyone back and without being held back by anyone herself...and most importantly, she seems to like the Gym and her new job a lot. To me, it sounds like the ideal place for her.

Cut short, no.

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Thanks a bunch, Sushi for your reason. I have to agree. =D

And sure @ Kabuto. ^^;

Now, I'm wondering whether to make an analysis when there are many votes and opinions, and a few possible theories as to what the fanbase thinks. yes, I am this crazy to do something like that, and I don't mind it one bit. >D

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
Absolutely i would love to see misty return i love her character now that she isnt clutching togepi or wearing that outfit anymore, or may i wouldnt mind may returning acctually i think it would be cool if it was Ash, May, and Max just starting
Absolutely anybody but Dawn!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
As I said on the other forum, Misty has pretty much run her course.

The fact that the show has now gone on so long without her, (Hoenn, Battle Frontier, D/P), pretty much proves that she wasn't as important to the franchise as people thought she was.

She deserves to still show up every now and then, but I don't really care to be honest.

Chelc

Voted the second option.

As much as I like Misty, I don't want her returning to the main cast. There wouldn't be anything for her to do. Besides, she's a gym leader now (instead of just Ash's companion), and like Sushi said, I think she's happy in Cerulean City/with what she has accomplished. So yeah, nope.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
I love to see her make guest apperences every now and then, because that means that those eps are something very different from the regular run. Since she left the main cast her returns have included: letting go of Togepie, a pretty good mini- movie (Mirage Pokemon), and a character building story arc at the end of Hoen (we really got to see her interact more with Max and the other characters). So I think its best that she stays away for the most parts of the show, make great returns sometimes. And of course shall she, Gary and Tracy return for the end of the series (and possible some more characters such as Casey, Duplica, Sakura and Richie, the IMO only characters outside the main group that actually brought something important to story). So I voted at the second alternative.

Crystal Clair

I do hope she returns one day, not this series, as Hikari is good enough for now, but for another series.
I was thinking the other day, maybe Misty hasn't found her path to reach her ultimate goal as a water trainer. I bet it would be more like becoming a member of the Kanto elite 4. It'd be cool if she returned to the series to go on a water-Pokemon challenge where she'd challenge all the best trainers.

But for now, I'm happy for Shinji

nickstr

Would I like to see Misty return to the anime? YES of course I would! If anything I miss her and it has been a long time since her last appearance on the show. This is very a very appropriate poll to start when you consider that exactly four years ago today the episode Gotta Catch Ya Later aired in the United States, this is the very episode that marked Misty's last appearance as a full main character in the anime.

Weedle_Mchairybug

I voted yes for the official return, because out of all the female protagonists in this show, The only one who earns my loyalty is Misty. the reason being is that She is truly the only female anime character to date (or at the very least one of the extremely rare female) in the pokemon anime, or any anime for that matter, who is NOT of the female anime stereotype.

Listen, no offense to any May or Dawn fans here, but no matter how loyal you are to May or Dawn, you do have to admit that they are of that offensive female anime stereotype. My hatred of that stereotype started way back in 1999, with Princess vs. Princess, with those animalistic squealing airheaded females, and also, that particular episode is also what made my Loyalty to misty go to the extreme (notice how, when all of those animals squealed in all 3 scenes, she and jessie were the only ones to keep their composure).

Then later on in life, my hatred of this stereotype expanded when I was Introduced to the graphic novel known as "Love Hina". Eventually, when I went to the hospital, I encountered May for the first time, and after hearing what i thought was her voice, I hated her.

Listen all Misty fans/Pokemon Fans who are still in doubt across all pokemon forums who are reading this, we must bring back Misty! The show has severely gone downhill, it's moral principles have been completely wiped away and replaced with this obscenity, we must stop the spread of the female anime stereotype (If not completely abolish that stereotype). Don't let the ratings fool you, the show has indeed gone downhill (believe me, ratings are overrated, you really shouldn't trust them, especially since statistics show that the ratings rise when they show some very dirty stuff on tv). would you rather have the Female anime stereotype corrupt people any further? Does anyone of you really want the global population to believe that females act like THIS, THIS, How May acted whem she lost the Kanto grand festival (much less May, Period), How dawn acted with that Bedhead, Or especially like How those FEMALES acted in Princess Vs. Princess?! I don't know about any of you, but I most certainly don't want that. This Is why I am attempting to bring back Misty, and I would do anything to bring back Misty onto the show, even if it means initiating a global boycott of the franchise.

P.S. In case you're wondering, my hatred of the Female Anime Stereotype was pretty much influenced by a family relative of mine.

Last edited:

nickstr

Very interesting point to make I have noticed this too of all the girls I have ever seen in any anime I must say you are most likely to meet someone like Misty in real life but not exactly like her though. This is a big plus which I never thought of before and am starting to realize it.