• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you like Sun and Moon if the artstyle was kept the same as Kalos, or would you still hate it?

Applecorp

The art style wasn't that big of a problem actually. I could take it or leave it and would've rather had better writing.

Quality >>> the “badass” look
>Sun and Moon anime
>"Quality"

Its Not Realistic GIFs | Tenor

This is the same saga that had Ash wag his ass in our faces and had him puke sparkles for the love of God.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The art style wasn't that big of a problem actually. I could take it or leave it and would've rather had better writing.

>Sun and Moon anime
>"Quality"

Its Not Realistic GIFs | Tenor
We’re talking about character animation, not the writing, the music, or whatever meaningless nitpicks you wanna add onto.
This is the same saga that had Ash wag his ass in our faces
Another stupid complaint that gets way too much unnecessary attention. Stop acting like we haven’t seen anything out of the ordinary.
and had him puke sparkles for the love of God.
That’s a censor.

Jeal

No, the biggest problem with SM was not the artstyle, it was the lack of things to look foward to. We had to endure months of boring fillers until the next relevant episode, and when we got to it, half of time it was boring too. Only Johto manage to be worse.

The bad comedy was annoying too.

Humor is subjective but I thought SM was hilarious. Both the jokes and complaints lol!!
The only thing that was funny in SM was Bewear. Every other thing of comedy SUCKED.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
No, the biggest problem with SM was not the artstyle, it was the lack of things to look foward to. We had to endure months of boring fillers until the next relevant episode, and when we got to it, half of time it was boring too. Only Johto manage to be worse.

The bad comedy was annoying too.
I agree about the fillers, but I guess the one good thing about them was that the main cast were involved in the episode plots rather than just standing around most of the time like background trees like in the other series.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I agree about the fillers, but I guess the one good thing about them was that the main cast were involved in the episode plots rather than just standing around most of the time like background trees like in the other series.
I loved the fillers that focused on Lillie because we knew with each little step she takes, it builds her confidence up and she’s so relatable.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Better shading and lighting would've helped A LOT.

Art style is okay though the faces are seriously so undetailed some times. It's not Ash's weed smoking face that I doesn't like, it's the monotone colouring because shading was just so bad which makes the character actually look more like they're made of clay. When it's day and the kids are chilling outside it looks like the global illumination was put to max and I can't stand this.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Better shading and lighting would've helped A LOT.

Art style is okay though the faces are seriously so undetailed some times. It's not Ash's weed smoking face that I doesn't like, it's the monotone colouring because shading was just so bad which makes the character actually look more like they're made of clay. When it's day and the kids are chilling outside it looks like the global illumination was put to max and I can't stand this.
also the colors felt kinda washed out, Pikachu and Ash's cap were the most noticeable

SatoSereFan224888

Yes but I also feel the writers should have kept the Kalos gang together. Also there was no need for Ash to attend school . That was stupid. Hated Ash’s redesign.

Ryker101

The art style bothered me at first but I got used to it tbh

I’m glad they used it bc how good they can make the animation. Characters could be much more expressive which really suits the tone and atmosphere they were going for imo

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Feels disingenious as a question tbh
XY's artstyle would NOT allow the fluidity SM had nor would it fit with its tone, story themes and characterization
Keeping everything the same and just changing the artstyle to XY would probably make it worse tbh

Plus SM's artstyle was amazing, it was just TR and Ash's designs that sucked. Have better designs for them and you wouldnt hear nearly as much complaints
Also, reading the thread, I guess I greatly benefitted from binge watching a lot of SM rather than watching it weekly lol, to me all the fillers were entertaining (well most of them anyway) and so the stretch between the plots never bothered me while others had to endure the wait for a long time. I do think SM is best suited for binge watching than weekly and so the latter structure hurt some of its reception

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Feels disingenious as a question tbh
XY's artstyle would NOT allow the fluidity SM had nor would it fit with its tone, story themes and characterization
Keeping everything the same and just changing the artstyle to XY would probably make it worse tbh
While I agree with this…
Plus SM's artstyle was amazing, it was just TR and Ash's designs that sucked.
… I have to say here that it’s not a good sign for any anime if the design of your protagonist sucks. He’s going to be on screen nearly all the time

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
While I agree with this…

… I have to say here that it’s not a good sign for any anime if the design of your protagonist sucks. He’s going to be on screen nearly all the time
I honestly think its less it sucks and more its very jarring when seeing Ash early on. Esp as most SM fans get used to Ash later on and dont mind him, its just he stands out like a sore thumb

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I don’t believe that having XY beautiful artstyle will solve everything, since some character designs are un pleasant to begin with, like the orange boy
But atleast Ash would look wonderful again, and TR ofc