• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you like the ability to choose your rival's gender?

Would you like to choose your rival's gender?

• Yes!

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • No...

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters

Chrosion

#1 waifu
Would you? I guess it'd be pretty fun. ^_^ Oh, and before this happens, this isn't supposed to be a 6th Gen. speculation thread, but I would like to see people's opinions on whether or not they'd like to see it in 6th Gen. :)

Last edited:

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Having the ability to choose your rival's gender wouldn't really hurt the game. Of course, it'd be great if the two genders each had different dialogue. That way, choosing your rival's gender would be more than just for aesthetics. :)

aloquesada

Nope, I think it's unnecesary :/
HOWEVER, I would like to see more female rivals... The way it is now is kinda sexist, both female rivals (May and Bianca) give up in their trainer carriers and dedicate to something else... I think it has something to do with japanesse society though.
The same goes for the champion, we have 5 male champions and only 2 female champions... Also only 1 female professor...

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
I'd enjoy choosing your rival's gender. Although, if we were to do that, I'd hope that there would be a difference other then design for the two.

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
I think it'd be great being able to choose your rival's gender! To be honest, I am getting tired of having a male rival.

Canto

I think it would be pretty neat. Especially if they had different teams depending on their gender (And different dialogue, of course).

ZombifiedHorror1031

It would be neat to be able to choose the rival's gender, so I voted "Yes", but truth be told the rivals are so inconsequential and underwhelming that it doesn't matter either way. That said, a solo female rival would be nice once in a while instead of the typical weaker, secondary roles that female rivals are shoehorned into.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Female Silver... I wonder how that would work out.
Female Barry is basically fastspeed Bianca
Female N!
While it would be good in other games... I don't think I'll like it in Pokémon. What I do want is at least ONE female Rival that actually wants to challenge the League. May and Bianca were both just collecting Pokedata for the Pokédex, and Bianca just battling gyms in the meantime (if I wasn't mistaken).

Lucario Fan

The chance to have a female rival for once would be awesome.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Maybe is because they (and I) think that the change must come from the game and not from the user. At least thats my opinion.

This. GAMEFREAK is really being sorta sexist now, having no main female Rival, or at least one that even wants to challenge the League.

gliscor&yanmega

I'd rather just have two rivals, one male and the other female.

I wouldn't really care about changing the gender unless there was more change to it then just visual. If it was just visual I'd probably just pick the female once, then the rest of the time male.

auteur

Fossil freak
Yeah, it would be good for a change. Or just a default female rival, without the option to choose, that would be less of a hassle probably.

Neekerisanni123

Kanbei <3 _ <3
Nah. I kind of like the "jerkish" rivals, it makes them so much more satisfying to beat down. Hahaha.
Though an actual female rival would be very nice - someone who doesn't give up their trainer careers, just because of some silly contests, or something like that.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Nah. I kind of like the "jerkish" rivals, it makes them so much more satisfying to beat down. Hahaha.
Though an actual female rival would be very nice - someone who doesn't give up their trainer careers, just because of some silly contests, or something like that.

how about a female jerkish rival then hmm? Actually had the idea of one in my mind for over three years now.