• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you like to live forever? Yes! Why wouldn't I?

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
you would have to keep moving because people would start to get suspishous when you are supposidly 70 and you have no grey hair

Just say you've been eatin' ya green vegetables. :D Or you could always claim pokemon is the secret to looking great o_O

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
I would not, because I would go crazy eventually.

IamLegend

Legend
I wouldn't want to live forever. Which is a reason I think Christianity isn't real. You die once, just to live on forever? Doesn't make much sense.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
i would like to have eternal youth if it was eternatal (sounds real stupid) but i mean like living for thousands of years, cos no mate rhow sad something is, you will always move on, thats how i see it. i dont think about whats happenee or what will hapen, i live in the moment

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
While I understand the argument that you would have to move after x amount of years and you'd have to watch your loved ones die. That really doesn't turn eternal youth off to me. Chances are that if I am immortal I'm going to want to move around anyway so it won't affect me that much. I'm also one of the youngest in my family by several years so chances are if nothing unnatural causes my death I will watch a lot of my family and friends die anyway.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I would love to live forever, but with one condition. I'd have to stay eternally youthful, say around early-mid 20s. I'd hate the aging process to continue forever. While it would be sad to see my loved ones die, I could pick up new ones along the way. Not saying that they're a replacement, because they're not. But if I had the option to live forever, eternally youthful, I think I would.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
If you mean after I die with Jesus in Heaven, yes. If you mean here on earth, heck no.

FairGamer9215

This reminds me of Doctor Who for some reason...The Doctor never really died, he was just reincarnated a bunch, and he seemed to get younger each time. Now, take away the TARDIS and the Sonic Screwdriver, and you're left a bit miserable. Seeing all of your loved ones pass away, witnessing the worst events in history. I wouldn't want to live forever. Sure, it would be nice for a while, but it would become a bit...empty after a while. That's my opinion, anyway.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
This reminds me of Doctor Who for some reason...The Doctor never really died, he was just reincarnated a bunch, and he seemed to get younger each time. Now, take away the TARDIS and the Sonic Screwdriver, and you're left a bit miserable. Seeing all of your loved ones pass away, witnessing the worst events in history. I wouldn't want to live forever. Sure, it would be nice for a while, but it would become a bit...empty after a while. That's my opinion, anyway.

Why would he be sad? He's the Doctor.

I would and wouldn't.
I mean, I would see all my friends and children die before me, the world would change so dramatically. You would really be able to communicate with anyone, as no-one would be from your time.
Plus, would the "forever" would be that you are aging, or you "live" at a particular age. I mean, if it's aging, differently a no. Health condition would be so low, a simple breeze that wouldn't sffect you might when you were old.
But I would for the hell of it. See what happens in the future.

PokeMaster366

The only reason why I really respect and cherish life is because it is not eternal. It's a blessing if I can even manage to make it through today. If I were to live eternally, eventually, people will surpass me to the point where I'm about as useful as an old history book. I would like for my relatives after me to have their moment in the sun w/o being compared to a relic of the past.

CaptainGarchomp

Events&ShiniesTrader
Well,I would't want to live forever,but I would want to live for a long time.If you are immortal,you would have to live with all the despair and costs of daily life,and wouldn't it be boring to live the same life for 1000 years.

Bill Nye the Sneasel Guy

Well,I would't want to live forever,but I would want to live for a long time.If you are immortal,you would have to live with all the despair and costs of daily life,and wouldn't it be boring to live the same life for 1000 years.

I think you'd be very surprised at what your surrounding might look like a thousand years back. A lot can change in that time.

Also, despair and costs? Invest in some nonsense, accumulate hilarious amounts of cash over your lifespan of forever. Never need to pay a cent in life insurance, even.

Time is money, so what do you have with unlimited time? They say money can't buy happiness, but it can sure make life easier.

Notalwaysbalckanddwhite

Neighbor? Neighbor!
No, and without going too far into religion I do believe I'll see my friends and family after I die, so I would have to pass it up.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Living forever would be awful. Eventually, you'll get trapped soemwhere. Or everyone else will be wiped out somehow, and Earth won't be able to support life. But you'll still be around. Just existing with nothing and noone. Death is preferable.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
Sorry if someone else posted this but:

Just bc your body stopped aging (if that was the case), doesn't mean your mind would. Eventually even a millennia would seem like seconds. I'm positive this would lead to your mind breaking and fracturing. Driving you insane eventually. You'd lose all will to live then. It'd be hell.

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Pros to immortalty:
Nothing
Cons:
Too many to list, but I'll try
Everyone around you dying (it will pile up on you eventually)
The 100% chance of getting trapped forever
Your perception of time speeds up so fast you aren't aware of anything
The above leads to insanity
Do you really want front row seats to the apocolypse?