• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you like to see Contest again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Exactly lol, that's what I'm saying. Ash can do the game gyms and the girl/guy can do the other gyms.

but then the writers would have to design the gym leaders, make an episode prior to the gym battles, find a VA. So in the end, the saga is going to be really long and draggy. And we all know that the writers are kinda lazy.

OI is different, because it was a filler saga, while the girl isn't. Tbh I would've like the BF ticket collecting idea that gave entry to the league.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
No we already had 2 regions of them, if contests come back, I will skip the entire contest arc...

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
String Shot disc throw RULED (-_-), it also had awesome Silver Wind spiral, May always has been the "Smart" type coordinator

When she falls and then doesn't get kicked out of the appeal round...yeah no. Dawn got kicked out of it when she had ambipom do that spinning swift manuver. And there was a valid reason for it...Yet That didn't happen for may? When May was the true beginer? I call something on the writers not thinking of it at the time. ~_~

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
...LET ME REPHRASE THIS.

I want two gym challangers in the same group...

MAKE MY SPECULATED IDEA COME TRUE DAMNIT D8

Um, I think what he/she meant was that if both ash and the girl were gym battlers AND there was double gym leaders, like tate and liza, that would be especially cool and exitting.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I'd love if a girl did gym battles to be honest. But since Ash is still here and will be here for awhile, I don't see that happening where they have both Ash and the girl take on the same gym leaders twice.

Just have some anime-original Gym Leaders.

When she falls and then doesn't get kicked out of the appeal round...yeah no. Dawn got kicked out of it when she had ambipom do that spinning swift manuver. And there was a valid reason for it...Yet That didn't happen for may? When May was the true beginer? I call something on the writers not thinking of it at the time. ~_~

I agree. If May or Dawn had to struggle in the appeals round, it made more sense that it would be May since she had just learned about contests.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Um, I think what he/she meant was that if both ash and the girl were gym battlers AND there was double gym leaders, like tate and liza, that would be especially cool and exitting.

...oh

well in that case.

I VERY much agree. :D

XY better throw something (like contests) that a female character can do, because seeing a girl sidelined is pretty much lacking development. That's why I favour May and Dawn being co-stars.

This basically. And why does it matter that it's a girl doing gym battles? Why does gender matter? Yes, girls are better at contests but still.

Squirtle_007

Blame the inexistant score system from Sinnoh, where they can register to the Grand Festival with a ribbon earned by another person *coughJessielinacough* :D

Anyway it has been almost 3 years from the May - Dawn wars and ... I´m actually not in the mood to do that right now (-_-)

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
This basically. And why does it matter that it's a girl doing gym battles? Why does gender matter? Yes, girls are better at contests but still.

It does, because Ash is doing it too. I made another post stating why I think gym battles would not work. I even suggested the next co-star doing Battle Frontier. Not being sexist or anything there.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
but then the writers would have to design the gym leaders, make an episode prior to the gym battles, find a VA. So in the end, the saga is going to be really long and draggy. And we all know that the writers are kinda lazy.

OI is different, because it was a filler saga, while the girl isn't. Tbh I would've like the BF ticket collecting idea that gave entry to the league.

Hey they might as well design the gym leaders instead of the random COTD's.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Hey they might as well design the gym leaders instead of the random COTD's.

most true statement ever made.

Though they're usually much more unique then COTD's...

It does, because Ash is doing it too. I made another post stating why I think gym battles would not work. I even suggested the next co-star doing Battle Frontier. Not being sexist or anything there.

But I've noticed that Ash's traveling companions weren't seen doing gym battles to, male or female. Yeah one of them WAS a gym leader but still, the others haven't It was just him dong gym battles.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
most true statement ever made.

Though they're usually much more unique then COTD's...

Exactly, they could easily design more gym leaders so that a companion can compete in gyms too. At least then a rival might be properly developed for once.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They will never have a girl do Gyms as long as Ash is around.

That's exactly why May and Dawn *weren't* made into normal trainers.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
They will never have a girl do Gyms as long as Ash is around.

That's exactly why May and Dawn *weren't* made into normal trainers.
I agree. Having the female companion challenge gyms would just make her feel like a 2nd Ash, and I don't want that. I think it would be best if she got some brand new side quest so that she could stand out more and be more unique than the past girls since the gym leader sidekick and coordinator co-star characters have already been overdone.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I agree. Having the female companion challenge gyms would just make her feel like a 2nd Ash, and I don't want that. I think it would be best if she got some brand new side quest so that she could stand out more and be more unique than the past girls since the gym leader sidekick and coordinator co-star characters have already been overdone.

Not to mention we'd have to watch each Gym leader get beaten twice, which would get old fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.