• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you like to see Kusaka, writer of PKMN Adventures, do his own spin on Ash & Co for the anime?

Would you like to see Kusaka, the writer of Pokemon Adventures, do his own spin on Ash & Co?

• Yes.

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No.

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm of the opinion that the Pokemon Special manga isn't quite as amazing as most fans hype it up to be since I haven't been too impressed by it myself, so I don't want Kusaka to get Satoshi involved.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm of the opinion that the Pokemon Special manga isn't quite as amazing as most fans hype it up to be since I haven't been too impressed by it myself, so I don't want Kusaka to get Satoshi involved.
Could you please explain why? Just a hunch but I bet there is an interesting opinion behind that statement since your the first one I've seen to actually disagree through different choice of words. For starters, it seems like you've actually read past two or three story arcs instead of judging it without reading it. Again, just a hunch.

shoz999

Isn't he known for writing really dark Pokemon stories.

If so, let the madman unleash his genius.
You mean dark, edgy and ultraviolent stories? HehehehahahahHAHAHAHA... nope. Not really. If I had one image to describe the tone of Pokemon Adventures it could possibly be this...

th

From left to right, you have Misty in the orange striped shirt, Ash in the red coat and Brock in the blue coat. After being on so many adventures across the region of Sinnoh, dealing with an army of Bidoofs, staying at a haunted chateau for the night, challenging the Pokemon Contests of Hearthrome City, crying in tears that the three have to go their separate ways. Your reminded that they are still just kids. Eventually you see three together again after venturing into the abyss of the distortion world. You see the three reunited and fist-bumping to each other... but wait a minute. This isn't Misty, Ash and Brock. This is Pearl, Platina and Diamond, characters who share similar traits but can still stand as their own memorable characters. You have Pearl the hyper short-tempered lad (similar to Misty) who acts as the leader and teacher of the group, which makes a lot of sense since he is the son of a Frontier Brain. You have Platina the inexperienced Pokemon trainer who challenges all 8 gyms in order to learn more about Pokemon (similar to Ash) and yet is like a living encyclopedia with almost no experience in this brand new world of Pokemon. Then you have the mellow happy go-lucky Diamond who understands and takes good care of his Pokemon while having amazing cooking skills and a pretty obvious crush on Platina (similar to Brock and his affection for girls), often helping her get back on her feet whenever she feels empty and broken inside.

If I would have to suggest a manga story arc that appeals to the anime Pokemon fan inside of all of us, it would definitely be the Diamond and Pearl/Platinum story arcs. I suppose it's because it not only offers an impressive take on the themes of friendship, hope and change better than any Pokemon medium I've seen, but it also undoubtedly offers the most joyous beautiful scene ever created in the Pokemon series, one that could make you a little teary-eyed of seeing someone's faith in humanity restored. The image I posted in general gives you a good idea on how light-hearted and fun Pokemon Adventures is. Is it dark? Not really. Does it have dark moments? Of course, it is still a mature take on Pokemon but it's nowhere as dark as your Harry Potter or Star Wars.

So why do I say Kusaka is a mad genius? The same way One Piece fans see Oda as a mad genius. He's an awesome storyteller that will blow your mind in the terms of planning and care he's put into his work.

Last edited:

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
Everyone will wonder why May, Dawn and Serena have different attitudes and goals than they used to be.

Oh! Serena is now a full time Sky Trainer and has a Froakie as her starter?
or Why is May became a female Tarzan. Wearing leaves as her clothing.

shoz999

Everyone will wonder why May, Dawn and Serena have different attitudes and goals than they used to be.

Oh! Serena is now a full time Sky Trainer and has a Froakie as her starter?
or Why is May became a female Tarzan. Wearing leaves as her clothing.
lol. Speaking of May. You know who they should've put in Drew's place? Brendan/Ruby. Drew is literally just Brendan and Ruby's personalities stuck into one.

shoz999

Whoops. Wrong Ice-type Gym Leader.

I meant Pryce.
Okay than but what about Pryce? Other than a huge bunch of spoilers and having a happy ending that many fans theorized inspired AZ's story in X and Y, what is the point? What I'm asking is, what is your point? I do not understand what kind of point your trying to make.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay than but what about Pryce? Other than a huge bunch of spoilers and having a happy ending that many fans theorized inspired AZ's story in X and Y, what is the point? What I'm asking is, what is your point? I do not understand what kind of point your trying to make.
Never mind. I guess I confused "dark" for "complicated."

shoz999

Never mind. I guess I confused "dark" for "complicated."
Are you trying to say Pryce's backstory is dark or complicated? It's both really. All the more heartwarming that he smiles at the end.

Actually looking back at your previous comments, are you trying to say Kusaka is a dark/complicated writer? I think the word your looking for is "mature". I wouldn't really call any of his work dark, maybe complicated, as it's nowhere as dark as say Star Wars Revenge of the Sith or Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince or the Deathly Hollows.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Essentially, AuraChannelerChris is half troll/half serious, and when you can't decode him, it's best to ignore. It's how I interact with him. I find some of his posts to be absolutely incredibly hilarious, like referring to Ash vs. Sawyer at the Kalos League as a Michael Bay movie, or the fact that he said he wanted to kick and punch Iris's Axew a couple days ago. At other times, I have no idea what he's saying, and at those times it's best to just ignore. lol

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Essentially, AuraChannelerChris is half troll/half serious, and when you can't decode him, it's best to ignore. It's how I interact with him. I find some of his posts to be absolutely incredibly hilarious, like referring to Ash vs. Sawyer at the Kalos League as a Michael Bay movie, or the fact that he said he wanted to kick and punch Iris's Axew a couple days ago. At other times, I have no idea what he's saying, and at those times it's best to just ignore. lol
He is not a “half troll”. Silly assumptions!

As for me, um idk let the guy stick to mangas. After FE Fates (even if that’s a video game), I doubt I could trust someone from a different department writing for another field lol

Leonhart

Imagineer
shoz999 said:
Could you please explain why? Just a hunch but I bet there is an interesting opinion behind that statement since your the first one I've seen to actually disagree through different choice of words. For starters, it seems like you've actually read past two or three story arcs instead of judging it without reading it. Again, just a hunch.

I think the manga is fine if we're judging it simply by how it's plotted, but I feel as if recent arcs have leaned too much on character comebacks and questionable plot twists that seem to be done just for shock factor. If there was a manga like that that followed Satoshi's adventures, I wouldn't read it.