• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you mind if Iris had no goal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
Wait...doesn't Iris do that already?

I'm kidding. But I do detest the notion that Contests are pointless. Honestly, I've been with the series since day one, and I'm throughly more interested in Contests than Gym Battles. There's just a bit more substance than in regular Battles.

On another note, Misty was an okay character, and most fans like her because they're obsessed with the original everything, many people not even giving May or Dawn the chance, just "NO! MISTY IS THE BEST AND THAT'S IT! BRING HER BACK OR I'LL GO OUT AND KILL HOOKERS!"

Out of all of them, May was the only interesting one, seeing as Dawn was like an opposite twin of May and Misty, though she had some pretty vague goals, really was just there, along with Brock just for the ride.

Like...Brock said he wanted to be a Breeder...but the fan reaction is, "...um...what does that mean?" Just because he stated a goal doesn't mean that we see too much of it.

Misty had a goal of being a "Water-Pokémon Master" and she's good at it or something, but it's not enough to make her interesting again (both to me and to newer, younger viewers.) She's had her time in the light.

Aquanova

I wanna see Iris like battling like Ash, why cant the girl still be friends like Ash, but like Pokemon battling too, like i hate to say it a friendly rival. She dosent need to be like Misty or Brock or like Dawn or May.

blob

I'd hate for the only character in BW that I like to have no goal and just be another Background character.

pokemon fan 132

Misty had a goal of being a "Water-Pokémon Master" and she's good at it or something, but it's not enough to make her interesting again (both to me and to newer, younger viewers.) She's had her time in the light.

On the contrary Misty is already interesting charater with many people liking way she developed in chronicles and cameos liking mix of old and new personality being fun,and bringing her back to expand more on her story and to advance her goal could be a good thing.

Writing has improved alot so in case of return she would be handled better in these days.
She could do water based competitions,expanding on whole term of water master thing more with writers breaking new grounds with it.Water races,tournamnts,contests are just some of many possible options she could have done.

Also new fans dont know her or barely heard anyhing about her,so to them she woul be essentially new character giving her a chance,and majority of older fass from what i noticed wouldnt mind her return not judging it before it happens.

Please take into account how this doesnt mean Misty will return to main cast,but if she ever does she would be just as good contributing to this show.Afterall you dont bring character after 8 years of absence without planning out something to give him purpose in show.

But this is beside the point of this topic.

Champion Jared 14

Pokemon Fan, it's okay...For what it's worth, for the time that she was brought in, if Misty isn't the type of character that they like, then there's no need to explain her good qualities to them.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Cyber, just because something APPLIES to Misty, doesn't mean you should bring her up... Christ, can this fandom ever not think of Misty for once?

You say that as if Cyber IS the fandom.

Speaking of, really, Cyber? Another thread meant to bait Misty fans? I was going to tell you to grow up, but you're not going to grow up, are you, Cyber? You're just going to pretend we're still on the original series, pretend AG and up don't exist, and bait/bash/flame the people who actually take everything beyond Johto as fact, just like the three-year-old child you really are. Well, good luck making friends with that attitude.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
ou're just going to pretend we're still on the original series, pretend AG and up don't exist, and bait/bash/flame the people who actually take everything beyond Johto as fact, just like the three-year-old child you really are. Well, good luck making friends with that attitude.

Where did you get that idea from? I'm more pro-newer Pokemon than older Pokemon. Even though I'll always like Kanto/Orange for nostalgia.

Champion Jared 14

CyberCubed said:
Am I the only one who keeps track of the female characters appearances/screentime? I admit I mostly do this to spite certain fanboys, but whatever.
This is so you don't forget either, just so you'll know.

terminoob

The Underdog

Can we just ban that word from your vocabulary?

Moving on...

Honestly, yeah. From what we've seen of her, she has a great personality and that could easily keep her entertaining without having to see her do much. Plus, not having a goal could mean she isn't shackled to just one thing, so she could just do whatever the hell she wants and just do it for funzies.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
Having no goal is finy by me, but like we all know, it'd be totally pointless for her to come along if she hasn't.

Xx Flare xX

I'm fine with no goals since she's new she could take the role of "just learning from Teacher Ash Ketchum".
But I'd love to see her become a really good trainer and take part in activities like battling/contests.

Mabey she could be the first REAL breeder on the team since Brock failed miserably(imo) at it ;).

terminoob

The Underdog
I'm fine with no goals since she's new she could take the role of "just learning from Teacher Ash Ketchum".
But I'd love to see her become a really good trainer and take part in activities like battling/contests.

Mabey she could be the first REAL breeder on the team since Brock failed miserably(imo) at it ;).

Becoming
Really
Excruciatingly
Exhausting
During
Elongated
Regions

Silly acronyms that don't reflect my views of the character aside... Maybe Iris could keep the eggs in her hair. It'd be like an Easter egg hunt.

NightRainn

While, I don't think she would have nothing to do, I actually don't know if I would mind or not.

I mean, if she doesn't have that good of a personality, I probably would mind, just because atleast if she had something to do, I might actually like to watch her in whatever her goal is, and she might be tolerable.
If she has a good, interesting personality that I like/can stand, I probably wouldn't mind so much, because with (or without) a goal, I would still (hopefully) find her interesting.

So, in the end, it all comes down to her personality, and how the writers handle her character if she doesn't have something to do.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Only if she has some battling skills, catches interesting Pokemon, and actually moves the plot along.

If is just there to derp around and not do anything for 100+ episodes, then she would be better off not in the show to begin with.

Thriller

Its almost time
Where did you get that idea from? I'm more pro-newer Pokemon than older Pokemon. Even though I'll always like Kanto/Orange for nostalgia.

Then STFU about Misty. You really are the only person who brings her up nowadays.

Do fans of the Simpsons always bring up Dr. Marvin Monroe?

Do fans of South Park always bring up Ms. Crabtree?

Do fans of Taxi always bring up John Burns?

NO!

When a character is retired, they are retired. When someone or something is retired, let it be and let them enjoy it.

HoennMaster

Seriously Cyber, how many Iris threads do you need to make before you realize it's more then likely going to be closed.

I'd actually like to see Iris and Dento do Musicals together.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Iris is a good character and I don't just want her to do nothing. If it was the BW girl instead people would want her to do something.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I wouldn't mind at first but she'll be left out if she doesn't participate in some kind of competition

Status
Not open for further replies.