• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would You Name Your Baby After a Pokemon? (pt. 2)

Nyter

Island Challenger
Wow! The consensus is still a hard no.

Someone said it before that Roselia sounds like a close relative of the name "Rosalia" (and there is a celebrity that goes by that name)
I think the one that may sound closest to an actual name and I feel they won't resent it or get bullied for it is "Aron"... That one actually sounds viable.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
What's funny is that if someone named their kid Durant, it would probably be seen as being after Kevin Durant.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
Apparently a guy convinced his family to name his nephew after Zacian. The article goes in to depth about it but it’s stil surreal

I’d never name my kid after a Pokémon though. Just feels tacky and they’re going to be teased about it for at least the first 18 years of their life thanks to how blunt or rude people are during their school years. Would be selfish to name an entire person after a minor hobby of mine IMO

While that's a surreal situation, the name Zacian at least sounds somewhat similar to a typical boy's name like Zack/Zach, so it doesn't sound that odd.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I'm going to say no because I can't think of a single Pokemon name that I like that would fit a boy but there's some that would be good for girls like Roselia. Still that's not enough. :(

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I was just thinking about this today remembering the Zacian incident. They said they’d tell their family the name’s real origin on Christmas; wonder how that went lol.

I had thought about Roselia a long time ago. Today Meloetta came to mind as a pretty name for a girl, though I thought about tweaking it just a bit to Meloette instead. Had to look it up to see if that name belonged to anything else but Google just redirected me to the Pokémon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What's funny is that if someone named their kid Durant, it would probably be seen as being after Kevin Durant.
Durant is an actual last name. William C Durant is probably the most important person to have that last name as he founded General Motors which helped cars become an everyday use item.

NeedsAName

I was just thinking about this today remembering the Zacian incident. They said they’d tell their family the name’s real origin on Christmas; wonder how that went lol.

I had thought about Roselia a long time ago. Today Meloetta came to mind as a pretty name for a girl, though I thought about tweaking it just a bit to Meloette instead. Had to look it up to see if that name belonged to anything else but Google just redirected me to the Pokémon.

If you don't want to be redirected and want to only find sources exactly saying "Meloette", just put it in quotation marks

EDIT: Oh WOW is þat a lot of people misspelling Meloetta...