• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you play a Pokemon game made for teens?

Would you play aPokemon game targeted at teens?

• Yes.

Votes: 69 53.9%
  • No.

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Depends on the game-play..

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • Depends on the maturity level (swears, violence, etc.).

Votes: 32 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mewthreehundredandfour

Bring on the Shamwow
Hey, I'm planning on e-mailing nintendo asking if it would be possible to make a game targeting us teens instead of children. Would you play it? please post anything you would like me to say in the e-mail ^_^... Infact, we could all flood nintendo with e-mails...

I personally find most teens persfer real-time battles *wink wink*

Last edited:

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
Hmmm.....it's not a bad idea. With the third 4th gen and 5th gen coming, there's a possible chance of making the games for teens.

You should make a petition of people who want a teen rated pokemon game.

Pokemon is made for a wide age group, so it isn't specifically for children. I don't think they should make one. They'd lose money in the longrun, and most teens think Pokemon are for small children.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
It would be intresting but how would they make it for teens? Plot line? Or anything?

Atari

Did it on 'em
What exactly would the games include? A few curse words?

I'm pretty sure the current games could be classified under all ages, with appropriate content for all ages. Seriously, how would a "teen" version differentiate?

Mewthreehundredandfour

Bring on the Shamwow
Show a Charizard riping out another charizard's throat. The teens'll flock to it...

I personally blame the fact that they constantly shove morales down our throats...

Look at Halo, what does that tech us? "Do what's right!" *plasma grenades sergant Johnson in the face*. Everyone loves halo...

How they could change... Let's start by sayyyy... why you have no fathers! let's say he got burned to death by Hounddoom's! WOOT!

Last edited:

Meg Is Hoenn's Champ

Meg Is Hoenn's Champ
Yeah,It would make nerdy,violence hungry teens like us go rushing to the selves but then the little Poke'fankids wouldn't be allowed to play Pokemon and their parents would make a big stink to Nintendo,And,What do you know...The plan is doen the tube! :(

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
The only way I see pokemon actually aiming for teens is in the anime or manga.

Mewthreehundredandfour

Bring on the Shamwow
Well, Ash's charizard arleady ripped the throat of of another's in the Japanese manga... Anyway, they could have a separate franchise for kids... they just have to pick the right wrds to say apon anncouncement... Anyway, I hate little kids high on video games... plus, their tactics are pathetic?

Ever meet a nooby kid who keeps using cheap moves on Super Smash Bros. Brawl?

^^check out the first post, I added in a line...

Last edited:

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
I'm with Takaru, what about the game would be 'teen oriented'? Before you do anything, you should pause and consider what the other teens in your school think is fun: that will greatly effect your, and Nintendo's if they even pay attention, choices.

For example: Many teens play the Grand Theft Auto series, and they consider this normal. While there are still many of us Pokémon fans, we are not nearly as outspoken, or hopefully as influenced, by our games as they are by the GTA games. Also, many teens consider First Person Shooters and war games to be normal, and as Nintendo puts out far less of those, they turn to the Sony and Microsoft lines. Most of these people wouldn't even know if a Nintendo game came out that might remotely interest them, unless it had Guitar Hero in the title. (speaking form experience here, on my Junior year in High school.)

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but you should probably think through what you want to inlcude in this hypothetical game. Most of the aspects of current popular culture, as seen by Sony and Microsoft's games, just aren't quite compatable with the Pokémon universe.

Mewthreehundredandfour

Bring on the Shamwow
Well, let's say someone walks up to you to battle, you have the option to say NO, MY POKEMON AND NEARLY DEAD!

Say it's for the wii, you send out a charizard, move it around with the nunchuk (or whatever) and say you punch out with the wiimote to use "fire punch". You hit a mightyena with it, and it stumbles back whimpering, rather than randomly exploding then yelling; "MIGHT-Y-ENA!"

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
Mew304(shortened for ease)-- How is that more mature? That's just using the newer technology, and giving the option to decline a trainer battle.

Neither do I think they would do it nor do I know how they'd do it, but I do know I would play it simply because it would be a pokemon game.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
It would be extreamly hard to make a game for teens. Since well its pokemon. What can they do? Add more violence well thats it really. Like I said intresting yes. What can they do?