• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you play Pokémon Green if the graphics were revamped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Would you play Pokémon Green if the graphics were revamped?

I would, as long as all the graphics would be revamped, just having the battle sprites revamped wouldn't e enough for me.

cmpunk1

For me the next games to have a revamp would be Ruby and Sapphire I personally think they are one of the most overlooked Pokemon games that deserve more love. I would also like to see a Red and Blue revamp in the new style we have seen in the X and Y trailer. Seeing Red and Blue like that would be great.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
No way. The horrible old sprites are part of the, uh, charm of the game.

happinas

fairy~
I would play Pokemon Green if it got released, the poor graphics of the first versions and the glitches contributed to making them imo perfect.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Maybe. I may play it because of the revamped graphics, but as of now, I can't understand japanese.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I would, as long as all the graphics would be revamped, just having the battle sprites revamped wouldn't e enough for me.

We did play Pokémon green just that it was known as Blue in the West, it's the Japanese Blue version that we didn't play. Furthermore Green was remade and we know it as Leaf Green.

Mew The Gato

Firstly, I hope the Gen V Pokemon will also be included.

Secondly, the Mew Glitch should still be there.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I think some of the charm of the game is in the graphic design. I wouldn't mind seeing a revamp of the games, but I like the old style. RS need remakes first that's what I want.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I love the graphics in green and tbh wish in X and Y they made a option where you could play in old school gen 1 style

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Secondly, the Mew Glitch should still be there.

If the Mew glitch wasn't in the Kanto remake then why would Game Freak add it in a future remake, especially when it wasn't mean to be in the original game in the first place.

I love the graphics in green and tbh wish in X and Y they made a option where you could play in old school gen 1 style

Go and play the original first gen game and stop trying to prevent the gen 6 from advancing.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
No, because the Kanto games bore me to death regardless of which Generation they're featured in.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I actually think the old "ugly" graphics were kind of cool.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Honestly, I would play the game as it is. I enjoy the older Pokemon games just as much as I enjoy the newer games.

Bariokie

rock dog
I have never played the generation 3 games... :(
Only played it on a emu.

I guess since there is a possibility to put gbc/gba games on the e-shop.
There are 3 possibilities for Hoenn to come back.

1. Put the gba game in the e-shop.
2. Make a brand new remake game just like HG/SS.
3. Put the Hoenn region together with X and Y

On-Topic

No I would no play it....

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I actually think the old "ugly" graphics were kind of cool.

They were cool back in 1996, they are horribly out dated in 2013.

I have never played the generation 3 games... :(
Only played it on a emu.

I wasn't aware that you could play GBA games on a real life bird.

I guess since there is a possibility to put gbc/gba games on the e-shop.
There are 3 possibilities for Hoenn to come back.

1. Put the gba game in the e-shop.

Not going to happen as it would require a lot of work to recode the game to allow Wi-Fi trading and battling. And don't say that trading doesn't matter when it's required to obtain some Pokémon.

2. Make a brand new remake game just like HG/SS.

This is the most likely thing to happen.

3. Put the Hoenn region together with X and Y

Gen 2 showed that having two region in one game is a terrible idea and that it should never be done again.

No I would no play it....

If you played Leaf Green then you already did as I stated before it's the Japanese Blue that was never released in the West.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Gen 2 showed that having two region in one game is a terrible idea and that it should never be done again.

I cannot help but ask why that is.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I cannot help but ask why that is.

The level placement in gen 2 was so bad that my Charmander didn't fully evolve into a Charizard until after the 8th gym when in other regions he normally evolve by the 6th gym. It also doesn't help that there's nothing to do in Kanto as the story is wrapped up in Jotho, the remake doesn't fix this problem, so you are just going round fighting a whole region worth of under levelled Pokémon. The only reason why anyone wants to visit other region so they can battle the other regions Gym leaders when Black and White 2 showed that you don't need a whole region to that.

Having two region in gen 2 was an experiment which didn't work, hence why no other generation have brought it back.

SimH8

The level placement in gen 2 was so bad that my Charmander didn't fully evolve into a Charizard until after the 8th gym when in other regions he normally evolve by the 6th gym. It also doesn't help that there's nothing to do in Kanto as the story is wrapped up in Jotho, the remake doesn't fix this problem, so you are just going round fighting a whole region worth of under levelled Pokémon. The only reason why anyone wants to visit other region so they can battle the other regions Gym leaders when Black and White 2 showed that you don't need a whole region to that.

Having two region in gen 2 was an experiment which didn't work, hence why no other generation have brought it back.

Surely instead of saying no to whole idea of no extra regions, they can just make improvements to the level placement. Also they can add extra story elements in the extra region. And collecting another 8 badges, serves for quite a long after game. I think if they just work on the flaws of gen 2, it should be great. And most people I know enjoyed the fact Gen 2 had 2 regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.