• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you prefer if Pokemon (new series or whatever) focused on Galar instead?

Galar focused anime?

• Yes

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters

Sham

The Guardian of War
With SWSH coming out this recent Friday and knowing what you know about the games and their story would you of prefer it to be the main focus and setting of the new anime series currently airing?

Last edited:

BabaVanga

I have a mixed opinion about it.
At one hand, yes, because if other regions received it's own series, it's only fair if Galar got one too.
At the other hand, no, I don't like majority of Galar Pokémon and if there's a chance we won't see as much of them as we could if this series was solely focused on Galar, I'm all for that.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Yes,but unless gyms, Pokemon, gimmick and people( which is kinda confirmed) to appear in previous regions, I don't mind that Galar is not main focus. Only thing that's left are locations in Galar.
1. Pokemon in previous regions( confirmed) we have seen Corviknight and Yamper in Kanto.We have seen wild Pidove in Oak's lab meaning Pidove is also native in Kanto, Johto etc. So wild Gen 8 Pokemon will be in other regions.
2.Gyms, IIRC someone said that gyms will be in previous regions unless I am mistaking into thinking that but even if I did: gyms could easily be in other regions under Galar ownership or something.Example Milo to have gym in Johto in new anime exclusive city in Johto.
3.Rivals; Ilima was in Kalos, Paul was in Kanto, Johto
4.Gimmick now this is what I remember is one animator saying that gimmick can appear in other regions. So, Dynamax/Giga will appear in other regions as Max Raid and in gyms since IIRC Dyamax only can be done in that and not in random battle in field.

Red and Blue

It's a bit too early to tell if Galar or the SwSh story will get the shaft or not.

If they can somehow make it work within the world tour plotline I'm okay with Galar not always being the central focus. My only question is if this will be a thing for Gen 9 and onward

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
With SWSH coming out this recent Friday and knowing what you know about the games and their story would you of prefer it to be the main focus and setting of the new anime series currently airing?

Also ignore the "is" it's suppose to be "if"
I'm a fan of the Pokemon Adventures manga and often the agreed consensus is that the manga always does the games better and that the anime's best strength is in its original content, with its attempts to adapt the games often causing heated angry discussions of how it fails to capture the games. As of now that I'm speaking, I'm seeing a lot of positive reception for the first images of Pokemon Adventures SwSh, once again cementing high hopes that it will be a great adaptation of the games as usual for the Adventures series. For me, having two adaptations that focus closely on the games can be a bit of a bore for the anime, especially when its quality isn't always consistent in adapting the material. With that being said, for the very first time in a long time, I have genuinely high hopes for Pocket Monster 2019 for embracing more on its strength on focusing on more original content and after seeing the first episode, I think it is easily the best Pokemon episode of the entire anime series in over its 20 year run.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I voted for yes, but seeing how the anime has an history of issues, whatever their directional attempts, I doubt they would really use both options at their full potentials.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Definitely want a Galar only saga. The region hoping idea would work better as a side saga like BF or Declore Islands though I'll still wait until it comes out to give my full views

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since the nostalgia angle doesn't appeal to me much at the moment, yes, I'd rather see Satoshi traveling through Galar consistently instead of him visiting past regions that he already explored.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If they actually have continuity and call backs then world tour would be better but since that doesn't seem likely and the games were so fun I'm rn going with galar.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It depends, will this series prioritize Kanto much like a certain previous series did for no reason?
Over Kanto, hell yeah. I'm sick of Kanto, especially Eevee and Charizard. Pikachu's fine as he's the mascot, but everyone involved with Pokemon seems to have forgotten WHY Eevee is popular, it's the Eeveelutions! Not Eevee itself...

But I can't deny I do want to see more of Johto-Kalos Pokemon. Just not at the expense of Galar Pokemon winding up like a good chunk of the Alola Pokemon, where some got ONE episode if any as a focus and that was it. There are so many awesome Galar Pokemon, and I want to see every single one get proper screen time!

And seeing how every location(City wise) is tied to the Gym Challenge, it's not like Galar will suffer having Ash not traveling through it. I just hope they properly show off the big cities and don't have Ash leave once he has a badge.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I want there to be lots of Galar but have Ash still travel to the other regions and get gym badges.There should be a option for in between.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Change is a good thing when done right and right now I like that things are refreshing and not as predictable as before. So I'm glad that Ash isn't in Galar for 3 whole years.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The new series with occasional travels to Galar for Ash doing the gyms or meeting SwSh characters
Ash only traveling Galar would end up with useless forest Cotd fillers that plagued even glorified series like DP and XY

The new series isn't much different from that, but traveling through regions has more charm than a random forest between cities. I hope It's not only this, though

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:
Ash only traveling Galar would end up with useless forest Cotd fillers that plagued even glorified series like DP and XY

That's true. Dull fillers are one of the downsides to sagas that involve traveling from place to place within a single region, whereas I expect that the current series will have less of that kind of filler due to its fast moving pace.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
It is a bit tricky, on the one hand the travelling nature of a classic Galar-focused anime could mean the return of generic CoTD/PoTD fillers but the “world tour” format could mean the Galar Gym Leaders could get gutted because of it.

Ashton Ketchum

Well, for now I hope - current season will be separate saga, and each next season of Gen 8 will be made in own style. And next season will be in Galar, with more detailed art style, serious tone and cool Ash.