• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you prefer if Pokemon (new series or whatever) focused on Galar instead?

Galar focused anime?

• Yes

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What I think would work best is half the season Ash and Go travel to all of the regions to help the Professors with their research and during an assignment in Galar, Ash has to battle a Dynamaxed Pokemon that has gone on a rampage and Leon sees Ash battling it. Afterwards Leon compliments Ash on his battling skills and suggests that he take part in the Galar League. So from there we have a Gym Challenge saga where Ash is given dates of when the matches will be and thus he can still help Go complete tasks for the Professors without missing the Galar League. The version exclusive Gym Leaders could be either one with the other two facing Ash during the finals. My personal version exclusive Gyms I want Ash to challenge before the Finals are Allaster and Melony.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Galar Gyms being handled more like the island trials would probably be best since it doesn't seem like Satoshi will be traveling through Galar in linear fashion, so he likely won't visit each of the cities where the Gyms are located in the games and might instead visit them in anime-exclusive locations.

Leonhart

Imagineer
boomer915 said:
They should have at least made Sonia one of the professors in the lab so she could be a major character.

I definitely would've preferred her as the female cast member instead of Koharu. I think that anime-exclusive characters can sometimes be interesting, but I'd much rather have seen Sonia be heavily involved in the new saga since she would have direct ties to Galar.

SerenaRulez

They should have at least made Sonia one of the professors in the lab so she could be a major character.

I think Sonia could've been a main character for sure as the new professor's helper but not as a cast member like Go or Koharu since she looks way too old for that. ;)

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Damn right I would want the new series to focus mainly on Galar! I'm happy that they're still shaking things up from the old travel formula, but Galar still should've been the main setting.

The fact that the anime is going in the direction it is now further convinces me that the franchise as a whole doesn't care much for this generation. And especially this amazing region.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerenaRulez said:
I think Sonia could've been a main character for sure as the new professor's helper but not as a cast member like Go or Koharu since she looks way too old for that. ;)

Sonia could have been de-aged a bit in the anime. I remember suggesting this when everyone was speculating on who would be Satoshi's female traveling companion prior to the reveal of Koharu. Watching a whole saga of Satoshi traveling with Sonia and Yarrow would have been my ideal scenario for the Galar region.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Imo the things that would matter for a Galar series would be:

Gym Challenges
Game Characters and Rivals
Key Locations
Ash catching Galar mon

However it's possible to have all of this in the new series already, the writers just need to try enough

The only thing missing would be a game companion, but I'm fine with Ash and Gou

Red and Blue

For me the idea of Galar not being the central focus is easier to swallow when you realize this idea could have happened at any point in the franchise. If not Gen 8 then possibly Gen 9. If not Gen 9 then possibly Gen 10 and so on.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
at this point if they do decide to do the galar gyms hopefully they'll do a battle frontier like style where some of the gyms are located in different regions (this would add credence to Ash traveling the world) but of course you have to be endorsed to enter them and find them.

now I know this isn't fair to the galar region itself, but considering the anime's not giving it prime focus as things stand, I don't see that as an issue.

D

Deleted member 384931

I don't think I would. Galar is already bland in the games in my opinion and the anime won't change that.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Prof. SALTY said:
Honestly I prefer the idea of region hopping as a more permanent fixture. A more episodic feel for the show would probably breathe new life into the show

Judging by most of the reactions here and on other Pokemon forums that I've seen, the region hopping idea has only angered people that wanted the series to return to a standard traveling formula in a single region like we had from OS to XY. But I think most people could've settled for the region hopping idea without criticism if the writers actually bothered to bring up previous events or show old characters when Satoshi visits the other regions.

jaden767

Amphetamine
I'm good with what we have right now. I like the island hopping idea that's being implemented and my only complaint is that the cast is only made up of two guys.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
More so now than ever. Galar has SO much more content to showcase than most of the regions, yet we'll probably get bare minimal coverage if any on most of it.... like Po Town in SM.

They aren't covering the region hopping aspect well at all

Leonhart

Imagineer
jaden767 said:
I'm good with what we have right now. I like the island hopping idea that's being implemented and my only complaint is that the cast is only made up of two guys.

I don't mind Satoshi and Gou being the only main protagonists, I just hope that we're given more recurring villains in the new series than just the Rocket-dan trio since even they don't appear that often and of course they can hardly be considered threats in the first place.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
I was pretty supportive of the region hopping when it first started, but now I think I'm starting to lean more towards a Galar focused anime.

If they wanted to mix things up, they could have adjusted the gym battles so that Ash, to better understand each individual type, challenges the strongest team of every gym leader only using Pokemon of the same type as the gym leader, including reserves. I think this would be different enough that they could introduce a beginner trainer taking the normal gym challenge and basically get a better paced version of Sawyer.

Throw in a plotline of trainers like Bede looking down on Ash for being the Alolan Champion yet not being on the same level as trainers like Steven and Cynthia, with Leon (and maybe Rose) being the only people that see Ash as a potential threat, and I believe that a hypothetical Galar anime could have recaptured the XY hype.