• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you prefer if Pokemon (new series or whatever) focused on Galar instead?

Galar focused anime?

• Yes

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 27 43.5%

• Total voters

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Right now, YES. How they gave us Armor and Crown, I feel sad that they didn't focus on Galar because I feel they'd be much and much content when it comes to SH/SW. I wouldn't be surprised that they don't even show and episode about Armor and Crown. Hopefully, either: a) PM stops doing this format in like episode 40-50 and makes Ash and Go travelling through Galar( Armor and Crown locations) until the end. b) if they continue this format I hope Gen 9 is back to normal stuff with better story.

Maybe they will stop this format when EP comes...or maybe when EP comes they will focus more on Galar and Armor and Crown like 80% of them and 20% Kanto,Johto, Alola etc.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Right now, YES. How they gave us Armor and Crown, I feel sad that they didn't focus on Galar because I feel they'd be much and much content when it comes to SH/SW. I wouldn't be surprised that they don't even show and episode about Armor and Crown. Hopefully, either: a) PM stops doing this format in like episode 40-50 and makes Ash and Go travelling through Galar( Armor and Crown locations) until the end. b) if they continue this format I hope Gen 9 is back to normal stuff with better story.

Maybe they will stop this format when EP comes...or maybe when EP comes they will focus more on Galar and Armor and Crown like 80% of them and 20% Kanto,Johto, Alola etc.

I doubt they stop this format after 40-50 episodes. It's like when people wished ash would leave school after 40-50 episodes.
The expansion is being treated as an alternative to a third version by the Pokemon company so i expect it to be adapted similar to how 3rd versions are. Considering we are seeing Leon soon we may yet get a gym challenge

Leonhart

Imagineer
SerGoldenhandtheJust said:
I doubt they stop this format after 40-50 episodes. It's like when people wished ash would leave school after 40-50 episodes.
The expansion is being treated as an alternative to a third version by the Pokemon company so i expect it to be adapted similar to how 3rd versions are. Considering we are seeing Leon soon we may yet get a gym challenge

I think that the current format of the Pocket Monster series will continue for about three years since that's the standard amount of time that each era of the anime lasts for. At the very least, I don't see Satoshi and Gou stopping their region hopping adventures 40 or 50 episodes into the series.

Scorbunnie

Maybe when the Shield and Sword expansion pack gets released we'll get an arc that happens in Galar where Ash and Go will challenge the gyms.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
Maybe when the Shield and Sword expansion pack gets released we'll get an arc that happens in Galar where Ash and Go will challenge the gyms.

At the very least I do expect to see more Galar themed episodes around that time. As for whether or not those episodes would focus on the Galar Gym challenge, I'm not sure. I think that the writers would mostly showcase the new features from the expansion pack more than the Gyms themselves, but who knows what could happen.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Unless things improve with the Koharu and Leon episodes, currently leaning towards yes. A region hopping series sounds fine on paper but the writers so far are not doing a great job at it.

Litleonid

Honestly, I'm hoping Ash battling against Champion Leon gives him a goal and gives the series some actual direction. It desperately needs some direction right now.

As of now, I genuinely wish they just brought the series back to its roots and had Ash traveling Galar and competing in the Gym Challenge. I would have much rather seen Ash battle Champion Leon, lose to him, then join up with Gou and Koharu to travel the region and earn his chance to battle Leon again. Or even Ash joining Gloria and Hop or Allister. I'd much rather have this than just watch Gou catch Pokemon like its nothing without battling them.

SerenaRulez

Unless things improve with the Koharu and Leon episodes, currently leaning towards yes. A region hopping series sounds fine on paper but the writers so far are not doing a great job at it.

What is Koharu doing that's so wrong? I know she hasn't gotten that much attention but she's just one character so I don't get why people seem to be picking on her more often these days. :(

catzeye

Writer's Block
I originally voted yes. But changed it to no now. Because this region hopping is really interesting. And way better than another standard gym formula one.

Same...I feel better about the world hopping nature now that the past three episodes have delivered.

Episode 10 delivered by giving Ash a Pokemon from a previous region ( a lot of fans including myself wanted to see the series capitalize on the region hopping plot by letting Ash capture Pokemon he missed during his original journeys)

Episode 11 delivered by giving solid world building in the form of seeing what life is like for people not in Pokemon-centric careers. Again the world tour nature of the series lends itself well to episodes like this as we get to see more of how the Pokemon World functions

Episode 12 delivered by adding connectivity between different regions by having Lance and Leon face off. This had the benefit of showcasing a previous character Lance, highlight SwSh through Leon and also adding to the world building by introducing the world championships.

I hope the anime continues to produce episodes like the past three

Litleonid

I honestly wish we got a true Sword and Shield series without Gou. No Pokemon Go elements, just Pokemon Sword and Shield. I would like some elements from the SuMo series though, such as far less CotD's and more episodes sticking to one place for a few episodes.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I do prefer the world tour format. But I'd prefer it if the base was in Galar and most of the episodes would be set there instead of Kanto.

Now that would have been awesome and I wish the writers would have done that. That way Galar could still get a focus since it is the main region for this generation, but we still get a chance to see the rest of the Pokemon world

Applecorp

I don't like how the new saga is going but I liked Sun and Moon so I wish that this saga had followed the Sun and Moon formula but with Galar instead of it becoming something completely different.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I like the new anime the fact that we aren’t stuck in one region and how it’s kinda breaking reaction is cool.