• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Would you prefer Pokemon Origins to supplant the regular Animé?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Would you prefer Pokemon Origins to supplant the regular Animé?

As the tin says.

Red > Ash anyway, unless Ash gets Mega Charizard Y (and even then Fire/Dragon is a much better typing).

ZeoViolet

No.

There is enough room in the fandom to have both. That said, I am quite eager to see how it continues.

Janovy

Banned
No.

As much as I liked The Origin, it was too predictable.

It basically followed the games and while I do like that type of loyalty, I far more enjoy the fact that our current anime strays so far from the games, introduces original characters, has anime original plots, etc. Granted, I can be often annoyed by how they skip some points from the games like the appearance of the the villains, but I enjoy current anime far too much for it to be replaced by another one. I wouldn't mind a second anime like The Origin airing next to it, but replace? No way. Plus, it would just make it horrible. We have been watching Ash battle for 16 years and for him to be suddenly replaced without any sort of conclusion to his journey would suck. I'd rather Ash was replaced by the next generation protagonist, rather than Red, if that ever happens.

Also, Red is overrated.

ZeoViolet

Watching that bit with Squirtle and Charmander...wow, that struck me as pretty brutal. Then again, that is just me.

Also...can anyone tell me why they're locking all these threads in here? I wanted to comment on the recent airing with Brock and Cilan, but how can I do that if the thread for it is locked? I've been looking around for an announcement to that fact, but I can't find one.

Janovy

Banned
Also...can anyone tell me why they're locking all these threads in here? I wanted to comment on the recent airing with Brock and Cilan, but how can I do that if the thread for it is locked? I've been looking around for an announcement to that fact, but I can't find one.
These initial threads are all speculation threads where you discuss the episodes before they air. Upon their airing, those threads are locked and you can discuss the actual episodes after they've aired thread in the 'Episode Discussions' section. Here's the one for the Cilan/Brock special.

BlueDragonfangirl

~Magic Thunderbolt~;16470800 As the tin says. Red > Ash anyway said:
Please don't open up a can of worms by saying Red is better than Ash as I prefer Ash to Red, he's my favorite favorite character in the series and don't want to get into that :/

Any ways, I don't think we need a series for this. If they want to make more just make more Chronicles, that way they can make more and more specials of other characters at time. I'm dying to know what happened to May and Paul :(

~Magic Thunderbolt~

But Red has won a game region league while Ash got closest in the Lily of the Valley Conference and was promptly beaten by a trainer with legendaries on his team. :p

That said, the regular animé has character dynamics as an advantage.

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk
Oh heck yeah! Team Red all the way!
I mean the regular anime series has its good moments and Ash is an okay character...
BUT RED IS JUST A STRAIGHT-UP BEAST! He would probably be more successful as a Pokémon master...
AND I would personally would like to see a more mature Pokémon anime than the regular kids stuff we get these days.
I'm not hating but I just would really like to see more game based Pokémon anime...
I mean do you still remember the Black 2/White 2 anime trailer? That was sick! Had similar animations to Origins.

Janovy

Banned
But Red has won a game region league while Ash got closest in the Lily of the Valley Conference and was promptly beaten by a trainer with legendaries on his team. :p
Ash won the Orange League.

BlueDragonfangirl

That said, the regular animé has character dynamics as an advantage.

So what? See if I care about what the heck Red did, he still doesn't beat Ash in my book in my opinion.
Why are you comparing the series now? However if we are going to do that, I like Ash's friendship with the main girl characters ten times better as again in my opinion they have good chemistry mostly my favorite Dawn with him :)

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Ash won the Orange League.

I said game region league and while it would be a nice change of pace to have an Orange Islands based game, we don't have one yet.

So what? See if I care about what the heck Red did, he still doesn't beat Ash in my book in my opinion.
Why are you comparing the series now? However if we are going to do that, I like Ash's friendship with the main girl characters ten times better as again in my opinion they have good chemistry mostly my favorite Dawn with him :)

What does Ash do great again? Serious question, and I have a soft spot for him compared to many fans.

Janovy

Banned
I said game region league and while it would be a nice change of pace to have an Orange Islands based game, we don't have one yet.
But I said, Pokémon anime doesn't follow the games. It's its own universe with anime original stuff.

I don't care about what Red won since The Origin strictly follows the games. The fact remains that Ash already won a league.

BlueDragonfangirl

What does Ash do great again? Serious question, and I have a soft spot for him compared to many fans.

Than why say that about Ash and Red if you have a soft spot for him? I hate getting into debates about stuff like that, we don't need to do that here.

I just adore the guy for many reasons over Red, I'd have to give a big summary about why I like him over Red, want me to do that here?

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Watching that bit with Squirtle and Charmander...wow, that struck me as pretty brutal.

That's the only clip of it that I saw and yeah, I wouldn't like Pokémon to actually be like that. Too much...and then hearing how they kinda show Marowak getting killed...*shivers*

And oh great! The Red VS Ash argument again!

~Magic Thunderbolt~

That's the only clip of it that I saw and yeah, I wouldn't like Pokémon to actually be like that. Too much...and then hearing how they kinda show Marowak getting killed...*shivers*

But I thought fans wanted stuff like the Arbok split in half.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
well i want the origin become a series :3 ( that squirtle bite chramander is so brutal the scream just wow its like the fight is really serious :eek:)
but i dont want it replace the regular anime spot cause i enjoy the regular pokemon anime too
and i could work like the origin just take 25 episode / generation or year with anotehr time slot and the regular anime still airing :3
cause i love both of them :D

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
But I thought fans wanted stuff like the Arbok split in half.

No, those are a minority of fans who want there to be violence because it's "hardcore" and "cool". Oh and we can't forget about it being called mature too! Because you know, it's totally mature to only want violence and other hardcore stuff

"Like dude, Pogeymans should totally be like Skyrim! And there should be blood...and uh chics, and uhhh oh yeah realistic Pogeymans. I'd definitely buy it for my PlayStation/Xbox"

well i want the origin become a series :3 ( that squirtle bite chramander is so brutal the scream just wow its like the fight is really serious :eek:)
but i dont want it replace the regular anime spot cause i enjoy the regular pokemon anime too
and i could work like the origin just take 25 episode / generation or year with anotehr time slot and the regular anime still airing :3
cause i love both of them :D

Squirtle on top of Charmander biting down on its neck, and both of them flopping around violently is NOT a serious battle. Ash's Squirtle has had serious battles

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

I know right? Why get into that in here? Why even try to argue with Ash fans over why we prefer Ash to Red too? Just let it be known that I like Ash better and leave it at that, I shouldn't have to give reasons why I like him better. That's not even what this thread is about any ways.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Back on topic:

Would you choose for Origins to be extended into a short season airing alongside the regular animé (think Akibaranger airing alongside Go-Busters/Kyoryuger for Sentai)? Would you choose it as a substitute? Or do you prefer it as it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.